Notification from NVC

Old Feb 2nd 2018, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notification from NVC

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You will need to take a copy of your police report to the medical exam, so make sure you have that in time.

Rene
Yeah I already have that! I received it back the other day.. that was hard enough! The email I got yesterday said, quote “The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in London, Great Britain And Northern Ireland” and then it had an attached sheet saying this

“Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Please keep the following information for your records:

< case number removed>

So I’ve just took that as a green light to book my medical?

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 2nd 2018 at 4:33 pm. Reason: Deleted case number
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
Yeah I already have that! I received it back the other day.. that was hard enough! The email I got yesterday said, quote “The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in London, Great Britain And Northern Ireland” and then it had an attached sheet saying this

“Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Please keep the following information for your records:

Case Number: ****“

So I’ve just took that as a green light to book my medical?
Yes. Give Knightsbridge a call when you have your ACRO back.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

I had my medical before receiving the letter from the London Embassy, and Knightsbridge Doctors wanted to see the letter, luckily it arrived the same day, so I was able to scan it and email it to them. So yes you can book with just your LND case number (not your I-129F petition number mind), but they won't release your files to the Embassy until they see the letter. As others have mentioned you also need your ACRO report with you.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
I had my medical before receiving the letter from the London Embassy, and Knightsbridge Doctors wanted to see the letter, luckily it arrived the same day, so I was able to scan it and email it to them. So yes you can book with just your LND case number (not your I-129F petition number mind), but they won't release your files to the Embassy until they see the letter. As others have mentioned you also need your ACRO report with you.
So I can go for the medical and send the letter at a later date if it comes down to it? I plan on having my medical early March, so that’s 4 weeks away, so hopefully it gets here by then!

Thanks for the advice.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
So I can go for the medical and send the letter at a later date if it comes down to it? I plan on having my medical early March, so that’s 4 weeks away, so hopefully it gets here by then!

Thanks for the advice.
You could in 2015 anyway, but if it comes down to the day before and you haven't received the physical letter, it might be worth calling them to ask if the appointment will still go ahead.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
You could in 2015 anyway, but if it comes down to the day before and you haven't received the physical letter, it might be worth calling them to ask if the appointment will still go ahead.
Just booked my medical and had the email confirmation, one of the requirements is:

- A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category

Which is the email I got. Just thought I’d let people know so that if they are worried about not getting the letter, the email with Case Number on should be okay to print off!

Cheers.