Notification from NVC

Old Feb 1st 2018, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Notification from NVC

Hello everyone!

I just wondered if someone could shard some light on this situation for me.

My fiancée enquiries about the whereabouts of my Visa Packet 3-4 days ago via email. The NVC sent a “we are processing the email and will get back to you” kinds message back.

Today we received a more in depth message saying that the petition had been received by the NVC and that they are transferring it to London as we speak, noting that I should visit a website about the interview process etc..

What the confusing part was is that they said “this process can takeseveral weeks”. Our petition was accepted on 20/12/2017, so we have already waited 40+ days for this packet to be delivered. Do they mean the several weeks as in from getting accepted at the USCIS til the packet is delivered to me? Or that it takes that long for the petition to arrive in London from the NVC?

Very confusing!

Joshua
Old Feb 1st 2018, 7:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notification from NVC

Several weeks to get from NVC to London.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2018, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, thanks! Just seems like we are waiting forever again for this to come through! I guess I can get everything together while this is happening. Would I have to bring more evidence of a relationship to the interview?
Old Feb 1st 2018, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
Okay, thanks! Just seems like we are waiting forever again for this to come through! I guess I can get everything together while this is happening. Would I have to bring more evidence of a relationship to the interview?
Certainly won't hurt. Better to have it and not need it etc.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenK91
Certainly won't hurt. Better to have it and not need it etc.
So would it be fair to say that even thought our petition got accepted in December, I probably won’t receive the letter til around April time?
Old Feb 1st 2018, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly couldn't speculate on times, I'm sure you're sick of hearing it but it'll take however long it takes I guess.

Just use the time you have now to ensure you have everything you need
Old Feb 1st 2018, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

I’ve just been doing some research and there’s some information saying that we have to pay some Fees and send our AOS to the NVC? Is that for a k-1 Visa? We haven’t been told to do so.. but I have my case number?

And also when I’ve searched my case number in the NVC tracker it says “ready” and that I should be scheduling an interview? Makes no sense 😂

Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited by JuniorJ194; Feb 1st 2018 at 10:31 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you're doing the K1 then yeah you have to go through the AOS process once married within 90 days.

This should help you, if you have any other questions then feel free to ask. A few of us have gone the K1 route so it's involved AOS.

Adjustment Of Status Help Guide: AOS from a K-1 Fiance or K-3 Spouse Visa : British Expat Wiki
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 12:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Junior is referring to the Affidavit of Support.

Junior, if you are asking of you need to send the I-134 Affidavit of Support to NVC (for a K-1 visa), the answer is no. You take it to the visa interview.

Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think Junior is referring to the Affidavit of Support.

Junior, if you are asking of you need to send the I-134 Affidavit of Support to NVC (for a K-1 visa), the answer is no. You take it to the visa interview.

Rene
Yes I meant that, I think you send it to the NVC for other Visas but not he K-1. I went on the CEAC website last night and the status said that my case was “ready” for interview..and I also received an electronic notification giving me my case number. I’ve seen that people have scheduled their medical when they have received this.. should I do so too?
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I meant that, I think you send it to the NVC for other Visas but not he K-1. I went on the CEAC website last night and the status said that my case was “ready” for interview..and I also received an electronic notification giving me my case number. I’ve seen that people have scheduled their medical when they have received this.. should I do so too?
Having the medical starts the 6 month clock for moving to the US. You should consider this.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Having the medical starts the 6 month clock for moving to the US. You should consider this.
I understand this, I was going to book my medical for the start of March.. I get married in a July anyway, so I shouldn’t think that would be a problem. It’s just that I haven’t received the letter yet, but received the electronic notification and the status checker says to go for an interview. I don’t want to schedule a medical when it’s not the right time to do so!

Thanks for the advice.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand this, I was going to book my medical for the start of March.. I get married in a July anyway, so I shouldn’t think that would be a problem. It’s just that I haven’t received the letter yet, but received the electronic notification and the status checker says to go for an interview. I don’t want to schedule a medical when it’s not the right time to do so!

Thanks for the advice.
Personally I waited until I had a pack sent to me. It came within a couple weeks.

If I recall correctly Knightsbridge wanted to see something with the case number on it. Not sure what people do if they haven't received the letter.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Personally I waited until I had a pack sent to me. It came within a couple weeks.

If I recall correctly Knightsbridge wanted to see something with the case number on it. Not sure what people do if they haven't received the letter.
That makes sense! I have my case number to complete my Ds-160 so I can do that and get my records together for the medical.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:52 am

You will need to take a copy of your police report to the medical exam, so make sure you have that in time.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.