Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Not Visa related.... How did you meet your partner?

Not Visa related.... How did you meet your partner?

Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:17 am
Just Joined

jackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nice
Smile Not Visa related.... How did you meet your partner?

It's interesting to me to realize that there's others out there going through a similar experience as I am... often I feel alone in this, friends and family don't seem to understand (not in any relatable way, though some try).

So out of curiousity, how did you meet your significant other?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Visa related.... How did you meet your partner?

Originally Posted by jackietanner
It's interesting to me to realize that there's others out there going through a similar experience as I am... often I feel alone in this, friends and family don't seem to understand (not in any relatable way, though some try).

We met when I was on vacation in Turkey, and he was working there at the time (he's from Iran). We met briefly in 1997. Four years later, I couldn't forget him, so I went back to Turkey in 2001 and found him again. Decided to stay in touch, and ended up going back in 2003 to get engaged. Started the K-1 visa process and he immigrated to the USA in 2004. Been happily married ever since!

What's your story?

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sheila and I met online in the 40's room at the Park (which no longer exists) in March 1997.

Since we're sharing, how did you meet your SO?

Ian
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:33 am
Just Joined

jackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nicejackietanner is just really nice

I met my boyfriend in Vegas Nov. 2009. His friend and my friend were flirting and both of us were being good sports, we wound up talking all night and I left back home the next day thinking I'd never see him again. To my surprise he found me on facebook and asked me for my number and started calling me frequently. We started talking daily, under the guise that we were having some sort of long distance friendship. Then through our friendship and constant communication we began visiting eachother back and forth and a relationship developed.

It's kind of weird because we met that 1 night for just a few short hours and somehow it's developed and manifested itself into the most important thing in my life. Guess I was at the right place at the right time...
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:00 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

In February 1995 Linda emailed me about a work related matter. A couple of week later she saw my photograph in Compuserve magazine and fell for my boyish good looks.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of weird because we met that 1 night for just a few short hours and somehow it's developed and manifested itself into the most important thing in my life. Guess I was at the right place at the right time...
Me too, exactly! I only saw Sadegh for a few brief hours that first trip to Turkey in 1997, and I never imagined he'd ever become my husband one day!

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sheila and I met online in the 40's room at the Park (which no longer exists) in March 1997.
Hey, March of 1997 was our fateful date, too!!

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:04 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

I was part of an internet project and when i came to Sacramento to meet one of the other project participants, she introduced me to a tall fella who worked with her husband. I went off to Australia for a year or so and we kept in touch, emails, texts etc. but with no romantic interest. I came back for a visit, June 2007, we got married August 07
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

We've had several on BE who met through a web site such as gaming and developed a relationship online and had thought they would get married before they ever met face to face but were only waiting to met each other at least once so they could start the process.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my wife met while we were teaching in South Korea. We'd known each other for 6months and only got together 6 weeks before we went our separate ways. As soon as we got together I planned my 1st trip to the States and she came to England 3 times. Then in Oct 2011 we finally got Married.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 4:46 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

DH and I were members of the same Irish music online forum since 2001, and knew each other casually through that. Six of us from that forum met up in Ireland in 2003, and both of us got on well with each other, though neither of us were looking. The following year I went to the UK for a master's program and we got to see a lot more of each other. In 2006, a few days before my student visa ran out, we flew back to the US, got married and got my UK spousal visa.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Brando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really niceBrando is just really nice

We met on a New York Rangers forum / message board. Became friends there first, then started communicating daily. First met in March/Apr 2010. Been back over 4 times since (trips adding up to about 3 months), he's been over 'ere twice.

K1 visa in passport arrived last week, so I'm planning to head over there in April most likely.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Met my lady in a bar whilst on a holiday with friends touring the west coast - she was there on a work trip and we just danced the night away.

Next thing I knew I cancelled the rest of my holidays with my friends and flew to see her in DC and the rest is history.

Funny when it happens, totally blindsides you and its so true you know when you meet 'the one'.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:14 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I met my husband online in April 2007. He came to NYC to meet me in May. I went to Scotland in August. We got engaged in September. We applied for a K1 and got married in October 2008.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

Met at a friends bbq in Merseyside, OH is a US citizen who had lived in the Uk since she was 4 yrs old (so sounds english) we dated for a while before I even knew she was a USC LOL

Together for 10 yrs before we got married and now live in CA , big move for both of us but LOVE it !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.