Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NoOfficialComments K-1 timeline thread!

NoOfficialComments K-1 timeline thread!

Old Oct 13th 2016, 12:36 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

NoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NoOfficialComments K-1 timeline thread!

Quick update:

86 days in to the application for travel document. Spoke to USCIS today and they filed an expedite request for me very quickly over the phone. Answer is 5 days or less.

They also said the official processing time for the centre dealing with my application is 87 days. So one way or another I'm going to get an answer soon.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 11:25 am
Cambridge / Philly.

NoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond repute

...and just like that: Case Approved, Card in Production - LOL
Old Oct 14th 2016, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NoOfficialComment
...and just like that: Case Approved, Card in Production - LOL
Great!

Ian
Old Oct 21st 2016, 12:09 am
Cambridge / Philly.

The saga continues.

Haven't received the card yet and I'm due to fly next Friday.

Spoke to an officer this evening who contacted the supervisor of the dept producing my card to get it sorted ASAP. He has said he will phone me back tomorrow when he's heard some news. Failing that if he receives no response he will phone me Monday morning to resolve.

Have an info pass appointment booked for Wednesday as a last ditch resort (did have it for tomorrow but the guy said there probably wasn't any point going as he'd already raised the issue internally).

Have fingers crossed but obviously I'm not optimistic at this stage!!
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:19 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

Soooo..... My combo EAD/AP card never made it in time for my trip. They told me they approved an expedite for it but were having 'printing issues'.

However: I was able to secure an emergency AP document at my local field office the day before I travelled. I provided a very clear letter explaining the circumstances including the potential impact to my ongoing career and a letter from the broadcast company detailing my unique skill-set and the level of financial impact to the event should I not be allowed to travel as expected.

Flew back yesterday and using the AP doc was very easy. It took me less time in secondary then it did to get to the first immigration desk.

For added irony: my combo-card arrived whilst I was back in the UK. ;-P
Old Jan 17th 2017, 3:23 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

Just shy of 6 months from mailing in the AOS and I've now received the notice of approval - Card has been mailed so should arrive anytime now.

Nice for it all to be wrapped up.

Now time to try and resolve the irritatingly complex tax scenario I find myself in. Haha

08th June 2015 - Engaged
19th June 2015 - I-129f package completed & posted to USCIS Texas.
24th June 2015 - Package delivered.
29th June 2015 - Application accepted, routed to California service center.
04th July 2015 - Letter I-797C Notice of action recieved in mail.
05th August 2015 - Request for additional evidence mailed.
11th August 2015 - Hard copy RFAE recieved.
17th August 2015 - Response to RFAE acknowledged by CSC.
24th August 2015 - I-129F approved. Awaiting NOA in mail.
27th August 2015 - NOA2 recieved in mail.
25th September 2015 - NVC Letter recieved in mail.
10th October 2015 - ACRO report recieved in mail.
18th October 2015 - DS160 Submitted online.
07th December 2015 - Notice of Applicant Readiness submitted online.
11th December 2015 - Medical Examination
12th January 2016 - Interview letter received.
18th February 2016 - Embassy interview.
23rd February 2016 - Visa and package dispatched.
25th February 2016 - Visa and package delivered.
04th May 2016 - Entered USA on K1 visa.
18th June 2016 - Married ;-)
14th July 2016 - AOS package mailed to USCIS Chicago
21st July 2016 - I-797C for AOS/EAD/AP issued.
10th August 2016 - Biometrics appointment.
03rd November 206 - EAD/AP card arrived in mail (Emergency AP doc also secured week before)
06th January 2017 - I-797 for approval of AOS received in mail.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Cutetiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the super late response, but congrats on everything! Your timeline is very insightful, it's getting me very excited for our own journey and me and my USC fiancé are hoping to start our K1 visa hopefully at the end of the month. Do you have any hints and tips for anyone going through this way?
Old Jan 17th 2017, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cutetiger
Sorry for the super late response, but congrats on everything! Your timeline is very insightful, it's getting me very excited for our own journey and me and my USC fiancé are hoping to start our K1 visa hopefully at the end of the month. Do you have any hints and tips for anyone going through this way?
#1 tip and quite topical - Don't get caught up on other people's timelines. Each case is processed individually and there is no definite times with that.