Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NoOfficialComments K-1 timeline thread!

NoOfficialComments K-1 timeline thread!

Old Jul 11th 2015, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Fazerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NoOfficialComments K-1 timeline thread!

Congratulations!

I'm 7 days behind you - had the 1-797C letter day and also routed through the California service centre.

Using a immigration attorney in Asheville NC to help and make sure the process goes smoothly.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fazerwolf
Using a immigration attorney in Asheville NC to help and make sure the process goes smoothly.
With respect... unless you had a prior overstay issue or a criminal background, an attorney was likely a complete waste of money. An attorney can't ensure that the process goes smoothly, and you're still responsible for ensuring that all the paperwork is completed properly and that nothing is missing.

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2015, 6:06 am
Just Joined

I-129F form approved on the 04/08/15
Old Aug 9th 2015, 8:34 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

NoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond repute

As to be expected, no relevant update concerning the ongoing application however...

We now have venue (ceremony/cocktails/reception + all food and open bar), flowers, photographer, DJ and Brides gown all sorted. Cake tasting when I visit in September.

Nothing like being prepared ahead of time!
Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:11 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

NoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond repute

Spoke to soon, there is an update. Not a welcome one but shouldn't be anything serious.

08th June 2015 - Engaged
19th June 2015 - I-129f package completed & posted to USCIS Texas.
24th June 2015 - Package delivered.
29th June 2015 - Application accepted and routed to California service center.
04th July 2015 - Letter I-797C Notice of action recived in mail.
05th August 2015 - Request for additional evidence mailed.

We haven't recieved it in the mail yet so we've no idea what they feel is missing. I've no idea as I'm fairly certain we hit everything. Compared to some of the project applications I put in during my day job this seemed like a cakewalk!

Just have to wait till soem time this week I assume to find out.

Last edited by NoOfficialComment; Aug 9th 2015 at 9:17 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Damn!

Hope it all goes through quickly and smoothly!

Open bar! It's going to be a great wedding � ����
Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:19 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

Originally Posted by Fazerwolf
Damn!

Hope it all goes through quickly and smoothly!

Open bar! It's going to be a great wedding ������
I'm not concerned. It won't be anything we can't provide swiftly and we have more than enough time on our side.

Haha, I don't even drink but I'm sure I have family who'll make good use of it.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Asheville to Philly is a 9.1/2hr drive - if it was closer I'd invite myself � ����

My Acro only took 5 days and is thankfully all clear - I was a little worried about warning I got when I was caught stealing a Rubik's cube from Woolworths when I was 12 )
Old Aug 11th 2015, 10:22 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

We got the blue request for additional evidence today. Two simple things.

1) My Fiancees birth certificate was not deemed satisfactory proof of US citizenship. Wierd but it just needs copies of her passport as a backup.

2) As we met 'online' but didn't specify how, they do not feel we've adequatley demonstrated it wasn't via a marriage broker. Even though that's a question on the I-129F you specifically ansewr. We have all the message history via 'OKcupid' from our first conversations. They're all timestamped with our photos and usernames next to every message. Syncs perfectly with the timeline we've already demonstrated.

So overall a very simple fix and it's likely only added a couple of weeks to the whole process.

08th June 2015 - Engaged
11th August 2015 - Hard copy RFAE recieved.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:10 am
Cambridge / Philly.

08th June 2015 - Engaged
17th August 2015 - Response to RFAE acknowledged by CSC.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:32 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

Boom! I-129F approved. Just awaiting the hardcopy NOA in the post.

Got to say: From what I've read, 2 months to the day from the package hitting USCIS Texas to being approved via California SC is pretty good going!

08th June 2015 - Engaged
24th August 2015 - I-129F approved. Awaiting NOA in mail.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 2:13 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

Update for the month: moving along nicely!

NOA2 and the NVC number confrimation arrived in the post.

Just got back from a week in Philly visitng my Fiancee. Leaving again is tough as I won't be there again for 3 months and this week went by amazingly fast.

Did the wedding cake tasting. Lovely people and very pleased with the design we've ended up with. 4 tier mix of carrot cake and lemon pound cake. ;-)

Also viewed the venue on the 24th/25th floor of a boutique hotel in the center of the city. Amazing setup and got me really excited about the actual wedding day.

08th June 2015 - Engaged
04th July 2015 - Letter I-797C Notice of action recieved in mail.
27th August 2015 - NOA2 recieved in mail.
25t September 2015 - NVC Letter recieved in mail.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 3:44 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

All still in order.

Awaiting my medical records which I've requested from my GP. No idea how long I should expect this to take. I belive it's a month max.

Got the ACRO report back with 'No Trace' as expected.

Did try and book my medical just to get the date logged in but they only accept bookings 1 month in advance. I'm purposefully slowing my application down to suit my intended travel timeframe next year so I can't actually book this yet. Not a major issue.

08th June 2015 - Engaged
25th September 2015 - NVC Letter recieved in mail.
10th October 2015 - ACRO report recieved in mail.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 8:33 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

All starting to come together for the crunch time!

Medical is this week (5 months prior to intended travel date) and I just submitted the notice of readiness so all being well I anticipate an interview mid-end of January.

Heading out to the US for a Christmas visit in 2 weeks time. Will be enjoying family time and tidying up a couple of bits for the wedding...like a mammoth 3.5 hour food tasting at the venue!

Strange to think that's the last one before I head off all-together!

08th June 2015 - Engaged
18th October 2015 - DS160 Submitted online.
07th December 2015 - Notice of Applicant Readiness submitted online.
11th December 2015 - Medical Examination
Old Jan 12th 2016, 10:30 am
Cambridge / Philly.

Had a cracking Christmas out in the US. A few more bits for the wedding sorted including the food tasting which I really enjoyed.

Whilst there I also got to meet up with fellow BE user ScottUK1990 for some brunch.

Have a date for my interview now. Letter arrived exactly 1 month after having my medical (Which was all good and timely. Nice to hear I'm in good shape!).

Still just over a month till the actual appointment date though. No biggie, nice to know the process is almost there.

08th June 2015 - Engaged
18th October 2015 - DS160 Submitted online.
07th December 2015 - Notice of Applicant Readiness submitted online.
11th December 2015 - Medical Examination
12th January 2016 - Interview letter received.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.