Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

No passport for EAD pickup?

No passport for EAD pickup?

Old Feb 24th 2001, 8:52 am
Sandy Gonzalez

Would a college ID be enough to pickup an EAD? That's the only form of identificaton my
husband has, along with his birth certificate. And what would happen at the final
interview when there is no passport to stamp? What do they do then? Has anyone experienced
this at all? Any advice would be helpful.

Sandy the newlywed]

Old Feb 24th 2001, 2:38 pm
Linda

I missed something, Sandy... why can't your husband apply for a passport from his home
country? Being an illegal alien here shouldn't affect how Mexico regards him, I would
think. Beware, my husband is a Canadian, we didn't have his passport at the AOS interview
and the officer insisted we get it... we're still waiting now and among a few things I
wish we'd done differently, I wish we'd known to get his passport before the interview. If
finding a way to get his passport will help smooth an already very bumpy road... you
should try to get it.

see this page for info: http://www.consulmexsf.com/page5.html

Hope this helps Kinda

Sandy Gonzalez wrote:
>
> Would a college ID be enough to pickup an EAD? That's the only form of identificaton my
> husband has, along with his birth certificate. And what would happen at the final
> interview when there is no passport to stamp? What do they do then? Has anyone
> experienced this at all? Any advice would be helpful.
>
> Sandy the newlywed]

Old Feb 24th 2001, 3:34 pm
Ned

No brainer this one - get a passport!

> Would a college ID be enough to pickup an EAD? That's the only form of identificaton my
> husband has, along with his birth certificate. And what would happen at the final
> interview when there is no passport to stamp? What do they do then? Has anyone
> experienced this at all? Any advice would be helpful.
>
> Sandy the newlywed]
>
>
>

Old Feb 26th 2001, 1:00 am
KAREN FOTIOU

no

Old Feb 26th 2001, 6:05 am
Sandy Gonzalez

Linda, We can get one from his home country, but the consulate insists on KEEPING his b.c.
and we currently only have one copy. We're having problems obtaining a copy from Mexico,
but we're trying and I'm afriad the appt to go pickup his EAD will be before he has his
passport so I'm already thinking of alternatives. We will call the Civil Registry in his
home state tomorrow to see what we can do.

Sandy the newlywed

Old Feb 27th 2001, 1:17 am
Sandy Gonzalez

Hello everyone, We went to the Westminster office today and they said we do not need a
passport to pick up his EAD. So we will mail everything out on Thursday! Thanks for all
of your help.

Sandy the newlywed