Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New requirement for medical in London - May 2017

New requirement for medical in London - May 2017

Old May 11th 2017, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: New requirement for medical in London - May 2017

Originally Posted by tom169
Having a C-section is definitely medical history - albeit one that will not have any baring on your ability to gain a visa.

To see if you've had prior drug convictions, anything related to mental health, etc.

Not odd and totally normal for this.
True I didn't think of that..

Nothing for me to worry about personally luckily.
Old May 11th 2017, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

BE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond repute

This medical summary has thrown me? I've spoke to my doctors surgery a couple of times and they have no idea what I am asking for. I have some brief one pagers from previous doctors but nothing super recent?
Old May 12th 2017, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

We are currently in the process of putting together medical records and my wife is now able to access nearly all her medical records on the NHS database called 'Patient Access'. What we did was register at our local surgery which allowed my wife to access her medical records online. At first it was limited but then she requested a form for full access and she can now browse, save and print of her records. Perhaps give that a go on your next visit to the doctors.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Aberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a little unsure about this. I am missing medical history from 2002 to 2014 as I lived in Oklahoma for that period of time. My current GP will only have records for before and after that time. Should I request a medical history for the period I was in Oklahoma?
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aberdeenokie
I'm a little unsure about this. I am missing medical history from 2002 to 2014 as I lived in Oklahoma for that period of time. My current GP will only have records for before and after that time. Should I request a medical history for the period I was in Oklahoma?
You could either request it now, and have it ready, or go ahead to the medical and see if they notice something missing and request it then.

Rene
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in NY for 6 years but nothing was said. I just got my medical summary.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New requirement for medical in London - May 2017

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
Hi I have just booked my medical and have received an email with a new requirement which has not been added to the website yet, I have copied it below but its now a requirement that you have to take along a medical summary....

7. Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing. This is a new requirement and may not yet be added to the checklist online or the US EMBASSY LONDON website. We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of the appointment. Ask your GP for a Patient Summary
This was a requirement when I had my medical in December 2016. All I got from my GP was a single sheet of A4 paper with my name on it and 'Asthma' under the conditions list.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Csousa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ivanidea
The medical consisted a lot of sitting around waiting.

Turned up, handed of the requested documents, signed one of the passport photos. Given another medical questionnaire to fill in whilst waiting.

At least they have a jug of water in the waiting room. I drank a pint or two to encourage my bladder to cooperate. At least you can provide the urine sample at your convenience whilst waiting.

The interview with the nurse regarding vaccinations was short since I had all my shots done prior to visiting (no charge at my local doctors surgery).

The chest x-ray didn't take long.

The medical consisted of double checking passport details, and going through the medical questionnaire. Then height and weight was recorded. Brief eyesight test.

Strip down to underwear (behind the screen), lie under a blanket on the couch whilst the doctor performed the checks (lungs, thyroid, feet, legs, arms hands).

Blood pressure was measured, and then blood sample taken.

Once dressed, I returned to the waiting room for another long wait.

Eventually I was called to reception, where I had to pay the fee and received my documents back, then I was free to go.

Whilst I found the process of taking the blood sample painless, I did end up with a bruise from the tourniquet, which looked worse than it was.
Would anyone know what the medical process consist ofnfor children under 9years of age? My fiance has applied for the k1 but I'm not sure if my daughter would undergo the whole medical. I also read blood samples aren't a requirement prior to entering the US. Just asking as I'm a nurse and have all my records but I'm concerned if my daughter has to give blood and have to strip.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Csousa
Would anyone know what the medical process consist ofnfor children under 9years of age? My fiance has applied for the k1 but I'm not sure if my daughter would undergo the whole medical. I also read blood samples aren't a requirement prior to entering the US. Just asking as I'm a nurse and have all my records but I'm concerned if my daughter has to give blood and have to strip.
Under 15 she won't need a blood sample or X-Ray. She will need to be up to date on vaccinations.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 11:27 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viitav
Thats ridiculous lol..

I literally have nothing to summerise lol..

Looking online your summery care record includes medicines you are taking and any allergies you may have.

It doesn't show anything else?

https://digital.nhs.uk/summary-care-records
As an ex head of IT in the nhs - the summary care record exists for 2 reasons - pseudoanonymised for statistical research, and for use within the nhs to reveal preexisting conditions - best example - you are wheeled into a&e unconscious, might be good for the doc to know what you are allergic to, or that you have severe bipolar disorder and that you might throttle him when you wake up.

Every nhs hospital and patient facility has to have their patient record upload portions to the summary care record - all 110 million of them...

Your GP will use their flavour of patient record system to get something more useful.

They are allowed to charge for this, i’ve heard nothing to 30 quid.

Last edited by uk_grenada; Dec 28th 2017 at 11:30 am.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Under 15 she won't need a blood sample or X-Ray. She will need to be up to date on vaccinations.
Fantastic. Thanks for that. She has her little red book from our gp with everything up to date I don't mind going through whatever the process requires of course, however, I was a little concerned what the requirements would be for a child. Any ideas on whether the same medical fee applies for children? Atm it stands at £330.
Old Dec 30th 2017, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Csousa
Fantastic. Thanks for that. She has her little red book from our gp with everything up to date I don't mind going through whatever the process requires of course, however, I was a little concerned what the requirements would be for a child. Any ideas on whether the same medical fee applies for children? Atm it stands at £330.
I can't find a more recent version of the file I have which is here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...r-Aug-2016.pdf

But this states that the fee for a child (aged 14 and under) is £120. However this version also says that an adult fee is £290, which is what I was expecting to pay at my medical. In actual fact, the fee was £300 when I went in September 2017. So if it has gone up to £330 it's safe to assume that the child fee has also gone up.
Old Dec 30th 2017, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I struggled to find any up to date information for minors. Give them a call, they'll pick up unlike the embassy.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 12:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Csousa I appreciate your concerns and your questions. May I be so forward and ask that you ask questions about this in the forum itself rather than in the pinned "Read Me" post.

Asking in the forum ensures that all members and lurking will have the opportunity to read your questions and respond to your inquiries.

Thanks and Happy New Year.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

That's great news thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.