Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / Marriage Based Visas

Old May 11th 2017, 4:13 pm   #31
viitav 
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: New requirement for medical in London - May 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom169 View Post
Having a C-section is definitely medical history - albeit one that will not have any baring on your ability to gain a visa.

To see if you've had prior drug convictions, anything related to mental health, etc.

Not odd and totally normal for this.
True I didn't think of that..

Nothing for me to worry about personally luckily.
viitav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th 2017, 9:56 pm   #32
qqg3 
Just Joined

qqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond reputeqqg3 has a reputation beyond repute

This medical summary has thrown me? I've spoke to my doctors surgery a couple of times and they have no idea what I am asking for. I have some brief one pagers from previous doctors but nothing super recent?
qqg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th 2017, 11:33 am   #33
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

We are currently in the process of putting together medical records and my wife is now able to access nearly all her medical records on the NHS database called 'Patient Access'. What we did was register at our local surgery which allowed my wife to access her medical records online. At first it was limited but then she requested a form for full access and she can now browse, save and print of her records. Perhaps give that a go on your next visit to the doctors.
AndyMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:15 pm   #34
Forum Regular

Aberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a little unsure about this. I am missing medical history from 2002 to 2014 as I lived in Oklahoma for that period of time. My current GP will only have records for before and after that time. Should I request a medical history for the period I was in Oklahoma?
Aberdeenokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:47 pm   #35
Iran / USA

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberdeenokie View Post
I'm a little unsure about this. I am missing medical history from 2002 to 2014 as I lived in Oklahoma for that period of time. My current GP will only have records for before and after that time. Should I request a medical history for the period I was in Oklahoma?
You could either request it now, and have it ready, or go ahead to the medical and see if they notice something missing and request it then.

Rene
Noorah101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th 2017, 9:48 pm   #36
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in NY for 6 years but nothing was said. I just got my medical summary.
elizabethsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 3:36 pm   #37
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New requirement for medical in London - May 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethsmum View Post
Hi I have just booked my medical and have received an email with a new requirement which has not been added to the website yet, I have copied it below but its now a requirement that you have to take along a medical summary....

7. Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing. This is a new requirement and may not yet be added to the checklist online or the US EMBASSY LONDON website. We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of the appointment. Ask your GP for a Patient Summary
This was a requirement when I had my medical in December 2016. All I got from my GP was a single sheet of A4 paper with my name on it and 'Asthma' under the conditions list.
BigBoss1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / Marriage Based Visas