Reload this Page >

Questions about the Medical and Interview

Questions about the Medical and Interview

Old Oct 14th 2018, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Jo Christina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about the Medical and Interview

Hi
I am the British beneficiary for the Permanent Residence Visa to the U.S. My husband is back living in America and we are in the middle of the visa process! We have recently received a letter to say it has been approved, so now we have to pay fees, select an agent, submit documents and await an interview date. However, I do have some questions I am hoping someone could help me with!

1) What type of criminal check should I submit? The Basic Disclosure? (When looking on the basic disclosure website, there are 3 types of checks I could choose from, but I'm unable to tell which one is relevant for the U.S permanent residence visa!)

2) Which is first...The medical check or the interview?

3) Does the medical check have to be in London? (I ask because I live in Lancashire, work full time with no holidays left, and travelling to London twice will be difficult!)

4) How much is the medical check?

A lot of questions, I know. I'm finding this process somewhat daunting! Thank you for any help

Jo
Old Oct 14th 2018, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about the Medical and Interview

1) ACRO
2) medical
3) yes
4) a few hundred depending on how up to date your shots are
Old Oct 14th 2018, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for confirming these things for me
Old Oct 15th 2018, 1:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Tom has given you great advice. I would urge you to visit the US Embassy's website for the immediate relative visa. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/

There are things that you need to complete before you even book your medical, i.e. medical summary from your doctor, a list of vaccines you have had, a copy of your ACRO to be taken to the medical at Knightsbridge, etc.

Their website also has the questionnaire you will need to complete to give to the receptionist at Knightsbridge.

If you don't get things done in the correct order, all you will be doing is stalling the approval of your immigration visa. Also have a read of others experiences for the CR/IR-1 visa interview and the process leading up to it here on BE. It is a wealth of information.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 15th 2018 at 1:23 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rete. I am about to get all these things in order and make sure i have everything i need before making the trips London! I suppose it isn't possible to have the medical check and embassy appointment on the same day?
Old Oct 15th 2018, 6:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why in heaven's name would you want to do that? I know you don't live close to London but if you have the medical say the day before and the interview the next day that means your visa approval will be delayed at minimum 5 to 10 days as it takes that long for the medical results to get to the Embassy. But posters on BE have shown that once the visa interview is over and if it has gone into Administrative Processing (which yours would), it can months before a decision is made. Unless you are okay with waiting another few months for an answer to the visa interview, then you can do the above. But to have it on the same day? No, you can't fit both in within that working day.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Why in heaven's name would you want to do that? I know you don't live close to London but if you have the medical say the day before and the interview the next day that means your visa approval will be delayed at minimum 5 to 10 days as it takes that long for the medical results to get to the Embassy. But posters on BE have shown that once the visa interview is over and if it has gone into Administrative Processing (which yours would), it can months before a decision is made. Unless you are okay with waiting another few months for an answer to the visa interview, then you can do the above. But to have it on the same day? No, you can't fit both in within that working day.
Thanks, yeh I just want this done as quick as possible. Im spending my day off on Wednesday getting the ACRO sent off, then i have to wait for my husband to send me the other needed docs which i dont have. Then yes, get my medical done asap before moving on to the embassy interview a week or so later (or however long i need to wait). It'll be worth it!
Old Oct 15th 2018, 6:44 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo Christina
Thank you Rete. I am about to get all these things in order and make sure i have everything i need before making the trips London! I suppose it isn't possible to have the medical check and embassy appointment on the same day?
A little perspective is needed. A couple of trips to London is a pain I am sure, but you are moving across the world soon. Also, unless the Doctor changed, they are near the old Embassy, and nowhere near the new Embassy!
Old Oct 15th 2018, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RICH
A little perspective is needed. A couple of trips to London is a pain I am sure, but you are moving across the world soon. Also, unless the Doctor changed, they are near the old Embassy, and nowhere near the new Embassy!
I know! It will all be worth it in the end. Good to know about the doctors location. Thank you
Old Oct 15th 2018, 7:11 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jo Christina
I know! It will all be worth it in the end. Good to know about the doctors location. Thank you
Their address and the questionnaire they need completed is on the embassy's website. I gave you the link for that earlier.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Their address and the questionnaire they need completed is on the embassy's website. I gave you the link for that earlier.
Perfect. Thank you for all your help!
Old Oct 18th 2018, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice

But posters on BE have shown that once the visa interview is over and if it has gone into Administrative Processing (which yours would), it can months before a decision is made. Unless you are okay with waiting another few months for an answer to the visa interview, then you can do the above. But to have it on the same day? No, you can't fit both in within that working day.
Are you sure this is the case in London. I had my medical on 4th July and interview on 18th September and has been in administrative processing since that time awaiting medical results which were delayed (long story). I was approved at interview (pending results) and the Consular Officer said as soon the medical is received the visa will be issued after 2/3 days. As long as you are approved at interview why would it be months before a decision is made, just curious.

Last edited by Noorah101; Oct 18th 2018 at 6:43 pm. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old Oct 18th 2018, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patzy

Are you sure this is the case in London. I had my medical on 4th July and interview on 18th September and has been in administrative processing since that time awaiting medical results which were delayed (long story). I was approved at interview (pending results) and the Consular Officer said as soon the medical is received the visa will be issued after 2/3 days. As long as you are approved at interview why would it be months before a decision is made, just curious.
If one ends up in the unusual AP it's hard to figure out why. All approved visas go through some sort of AP.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Hello
Me again! Thank you all for being really helpful with your replies. Tonight, we've finished submitting all financial and other necessary documents to our CEAC Account (finally!). It took longer than I thought for my USC husband to get his Affidavit of Support together, and for me to get my ACRO and other things. Anyway, all submitted and done!

My next questions are:
1) How long should I expect to wait to hear back with a schedule for my interview? I understand this varies throughout for different people. I suppose I am looking for an average waiting time!
2) When can I call to book in for my medical? Is it safe to call now? I have read waiting times can be weeks for an appointment, so I wondered if I could just book myself in as soon as possible? Or do I have to wait to find out if everything we submitted to the CEAC account tonight is accepted?

Hope these questions make sense. I am eager to get all this done. I am planning to leave my current job and have around a month unemployed to get things in order before I leave. This is why I am curious how long I should expect to wait after submitting. FYI, I have also looked up other posts on here! I feel this would be easier for me to get a straight answer!

Thank you
Old Oct 29th 2018, 11:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Maybe several to a few weeks?
2. If you have the LND case number, you can book the medical, but be aware that the visa is only valid for 6 months from the date of the medical... so you might not want to get it done too early and have less time to use the visa.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.