New K3 EAD Rollcall

Old Nov 20th 2003, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

speedyvespa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FINALLY

Hi,

I think I'm in a worse state than anyone in this thread. I've held off replying as thinking about it makes me really pissed off. But anyway....

I sent my I-765 off 9/24/03
They received it 9/30/03

I didn't ever receive an NOA.

I called recently to ask if they would resend. They said they would. Still no NOA.

I have my NOA for my I-485 and made my biometrics appt. for 3rd Dec - don't know if this will cover my I-765, I have my doubts.

I really don't know what else to do. No NOA means no biometrics exam, which potentially means me waiting in limbo forever. I have a feeling if I turn up asking for my interim EAD after 90 days, they will send me away as I have no NOA proving the receipt date.

I'm grateful for any suggestions regarding what to do, but right now I'm totally hacked off. The NSCS are about as useful as a chocolate teapot, if not less so, and just tell me to sit and wait for my NOA to arrive. FAT CHANCE.

Um anyway Cindyabs, hope that tells you where my EAD is up to.

Shit creek without a paddle springs to mind.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:21 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by speedyvespa
Hi,

I think I'm in a worse state than anyone in this thread. I've held off replying as thinking about it makes me really pissed off. But anyway....

I sent my I-765 off 9/24/03
They received it 9/30/03

I didn't ever receive an NOA.

I called recently to ask if they would resend. They said they would. Still no NOA.

I have my NOA for my I-485 and made my biometrics appt. for 3rd Dec - don't know if this will cover my I-765, I have my doubts.

I really don't know what else to do. No NOA means no biometrics exam, which potentially means me waiting in limbo forever. I have a feeling if I turn up asking for my interim EAD after 90 days, they will send me away as I have no NOA proving the receipt date.

I'm grateful for any suggestions regarding what to do, but right now I'm totally hacked off. The NSCS are about as useful as a chocolate teapot, if not less so, and just tell me to sit and wait for my NOA to arrive. FAT CHANCE.

Um anyway Cindyabs, hope that tells you where my EAD is up to.

Shit creek without a paddle springs to mind.

Ok, you sent it off the 24th of Sept, the receipt date is the 30th. In what context do you mean receipt date? The date they signed for it (how did you send it), the date they cashed the check?
So how recent is recently that you contacted them?
I think a call to a congressman or such might help. It couldn't hurt...............
Good luck!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:34 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
Ok, you sent it off the 24th of Sept, the receipt date is the 30th. In what context do you mean receipt date? The date they signed for it (how did you send it), the date they cashed the check?
So how recent is recently that you contacted them?
I think a call to a congressman or such might help. It couldn't hurt...............
Good luck!
PS On second thought, I would STRONGLY suggest you follow above course. You've already got the biometrics appt on the 3rd for the 485, might as well try and make it a double header.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:29 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cindy

I really hope he gets it. If he does you'll have to wrap it up and put a ribbon on it!!

Maggie

All my husband wants for Christmas is his EAD, his EAD, his EAD.....(sung to the tune-All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, )
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:34 pm
Sursum corda

Originally posted by Maggs
Hi Cindy

I really hope he gets it. If he does you'll have to wrap it up and put a ribbon on it!!

Maggie

Thank you Maggie. I find myself now a little more hopefully haunting the case status site.
I think it would be swell if everyone on this list had their EADs by Xmas and even SSNs. Of course, no reason not to go for the whole enchilada and ask that they all have jobs or the promise of one too, .
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:17 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cindy and everyone else

I received my EAD card in the post this afternoon. It says - This person is authorized to work in the US for the validity of this card.

It is valid from 11/13/03 until 07/09/05. I entered the US on 07/10/03 so that makes sense. All the information is correct (phew!). It gives my A number, MSC EAD no, birthdate, category, sex, country of birth and under terms and conditions it says, none. It has my photo, signature and fingerprint. It also says not valid for re entry to the US. On the back are a couple of strange bar codes. So I'm off to get my SSN tomorow!! Yay!! Will let you know how that goes.

Maggie

Thank you Maggie. I find myself now a little more hopefully haunting the case status site.
I think it would be swell if everyone on this list had their EADs by Xmas and even SSNs. Of course, no reason not to go for the whole enchilada and ask that they all have jobs or the promise of one too, .
Old Nov 21st 2003, 7:03 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Hi Cindy & all

I went to the Social Seciruty Office this morning and they took all my details. The nice lady only wanted my EAD and passport... even though I gave her my birth certificate too. She was very nice and commented that I looked different in my passport (doesn't eveybody!) although I have to say I have long brown hair in the passport photo and now have short blonde hair! So I can understand her point! She told me the SSN card would be sent in the post within the next 10 - 14 days. I'm expecting it to take longer because Thanksgiving is smack bang in the middle of the 10 - 14 days! If I want to get the number before then I can go back to the office within 2 working days to get it. I have to go in person to do this. Hope this helps.

Maggie

Old Nov 21st 2003, 7:18 pm
Sursum corda

Hi Cindy & all

I went to the Social Seciruty Office this morning and they took all my details. The nice lady only wanted my EAD and passport... even though I gave her my birth certificate too. She was very nice and commented that I looked different in my passport (doesn't eveybody!) although I have to say I have long brown hair in the passport photo and now have short blonde hair! So I can understand her point! She told me the SSN card would be sent in the post within the next 10 - 14 days. I'm expecting it to take longer because Thanksgiving is smack bang in the middle of the 10 - 14 days! If I want to get the number before then I can go back to the office within 2 working days to get it. I have to go in person to do this. Hope this helps.

Maggie

Thanks for the info Maggie. You never know they may whip it out in super speed, let's hope. In any event I have already checked our status today twice, how pathetic is that, .
Old Nov 21st 2003, 7:25 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Cindy

.... only twice??????? I must be far more pathetic as I was checking a couple of times an hour! Apart from the day it was approved and I didn't check until 10am!! Keep checking Cindy... soon it will say all those lovely words you've been waiting to hear!

Maggie

Thanks for the info Maggie. You never know they may whip it out in super speed, let's hope. In any event I have already checked our status today twice, how pathetic is that, .
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 7:00 pm
King of the Mountain

berga is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree in "only twice" I checked it all the time.

So you can get the SS number in 2 days at least?
By the way I got my Drivers Licence yesterday (only had
a temporary the 2 first months). I guess It helps when you try to get a job in southern California :-)

Cindy

.... only twice??????? I must be far more pathetic as I was checking a couple of times an hour! Apart from the day it was approved and I didn't check until 10am!! Keep checking Cindy... soon it will say all those lovely words you've been waiting to hear!

Maggie
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 3:14 pm
Sursum corda

Anyone hear anything today?

Poster: 1st NOA 2nd NOA
>
>
>
> Black Label 15 July 14 Nov
>
> NYC/Cnda 18 Aug
>
> Maggs 26 Aug 14 Nov
>
> Hung Dao 29 Aug 17 Nov
>
> Venkimani 09 Sep
>
> Bree Bree 10 Sep
>
> Cacti 15 Sep
>
> rcoloyan 18 Sep

>jongsoon 23 Sep 06 Nov

> Berga 27 Sep 18 Nov
>
> Cindyabs 07 Oct

Just checking in with everyone to see ihow you're doing? Sadly this week with the holiday etc will mean a reduced workload being processed but hopefully next week will be better. Stay strong,
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:25 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Hi Cindy

Keep your spirits up. How many days is it now? I'm sure your hubby is getting bored by now. My worry was/is that if it takes so long to get EAD and then a job, that I wouldn't be in the frame of mind to work. Would have got lazy etc etc. However, I'm finding I am actually excited by the prospect of getting out there and working and also to meet new people and make new friends. This week we are moving house and my son is also visiting from Tuesday for a couple of weeks, it's typical that now I am so close to getting a social security number, I probably wouldn't be able to use it yet anyway!! At least not until we've moved and my son has gone back to UK!! Ah well!!

Berga... I will be applying for my drivers licence as soon as I get a SSN too. Can't wait for that... I think Illinois asks people to take the theory and the practical test! That will be fun..can't wait!!

Good luyck everyone and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Maggie

Oops... nearly put kisses then!

Just checking in with everyone to see ihow you're doing? Sadly this week with the holiday etc will mean a reduced workload being processed but hopefully next week will be better. Stay strong,
Old Nov 24th 2003, 5:02 am
King of the Mountain

berga is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and you'll be
there soon Cindy.

Maggs.. You can get your drivers licence without
a SSN. At least I did. I went and took the theory
test my first week here and barely passed without studying at all.
Then I got a temp. DL (valid for 2 months) when they found out that i had a Swedish DL.
/D

Hi Cindy

Keep your spirits up. How many days is it now? I'm sure your hubby is getting bored by now. My worry was/is that if it takes so long to get EAD and then a job, that I wouldn't be in the frame of mind to work. Would have got lazy etc etc. However, I'm finding I am actually excited by the prospect of getting out there and working and also to meet new people and make new friends. This week we are moving house and my son is also visiting from Tuesday for a couple of weeks, it's typical that now I am so close to getting a social security number, I probably wouldn't be able to use it yet anyway!! At least not until we've moved and my son has gone back to UK!! Ah well!!

Berga... I will be applying for my drivers licence as soon as I get a SSN too. Can't wait for that... I think Illinois asks people to take the theory and the practical test! That will be fun..can't wait!!

Maggie

Old Nov 24th 2003, 11:12 am
Sursum corda

Hi Cindy

Maggie

Maggie,
Thanks for your thoughts, with or without kisses, . I had thought that perhaps since they were processing a few of the folks with later dates in September that maybe we would get in on that wave. However, in all fairness since there are some of here with NOAs a good six weeks before ours that they should get attended to first, IMHO, so can't get steamed up about that.
One thing I did notice on looking at the NOA was that although on our online NOA it says 30-90 days to process the 765, the actual notice itself says 60-180 days. Does anyone else's have that on theirs? In particular those of you that were approved already?
We have decided that come the 91st day we will go to Atlanta to the local center to get an interim one.
Also Georgia is one of those states that demands an SSN for a drivers' license. They also (as they did to Scout from Atlanta this summer), say that my husband has to show proof that he never had a license in the UK, ie some paper from the DMV there. He had a provisional one (learner's permit) there, but it lapsed 30 years ago, and he never got a regular license. With me having surgery in a few weeks and not being able to drive for a few weeks after that, timing is not the best........
Ah well, the important thing is that we are at last together and that ensures a Happy Thanksgiving, .
All the best for a good holiday out there Maggie and all.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 11:28 am
Sursum corda

Hey just noticed in another thread that someone who got their first NOA 3 September just got second NOA 19 Nov. Nyc/Cnda are you going to go get an interim EAD? You're past the 90 day mark I think?

Black Label 15 July 14 Nov
>
> NYC/Cnda 18 Aug
>
> Maggs 26 Aug 14 Nov
>
> Hung Dao 29 Aug 17 Nov
>
> Venkimani 09 Sep
>
> Bree Bree 10 Sep
>
> Cacti 15 Sep
>
> rcoloyan 18 Sep

>jongsoon 23 Sep 06 Nov

> Berga 27 Sep 18 Nov
>
> Cindyabs 07 Oct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.