New K3 EAD Rollcall

Old Nov 13th 2003, 4:09 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New K3 EAD Rollcall

Originally posted by cindyabs
In view of the fact that we have several folks who have applied for their K3 EADs in the last month or so, I thought I would start this thread so we can keep track of who's when,

Ok here's where we stand so far:

Poster: 1st: NOA

Black Label 15 July
NYC/Cnda 18 Aug
Maggs 26 Aug
Hung Dao 29 Aug
Venkimani 09 Sep
Bree Bree 10 Sep
rcoloyan 18 Sep
Berga 27 Sep
Cindyabs 07 Oct

Last edited by cindyabs; Nov 13th 2003 at 4:53 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 4:55 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Maggs
I have yet to figure out which office is my local service centre as there seem to be several addresses in Chicago. I think I'll be taking a trip down there once I know the right office to go to!

Maggie

I think this is the right office Maggie, went to their website, but at least they give a phone number that could head you in the right direction:

Contacting Us
The main Chicago District telephone number is (312) 385-1500. When you call this number you can access the different immigration branches within the Chicago office, such as Examinations, Investigations, and Detention and Deportation. TTY access is available for the hearing impaired at (312) 385-1813. The National Customer Service Center TTY phone number is 1 (800) 767-1833.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 5:15 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Cindy, that's really great. Thanks so much. I have a lot going on here and in UK at the moment (I know, who hasn't!), so you've saved me a lot of time. Thanks again. Let's hope someone gets thier EAD soon!

Maggie

I think this is the right office Maggie, went to their website, but at least they give a phone number that could head you in the right direction:

Contacting Us
The main Chicago District telephone number is (312) 385-1500. When you call this number you can access the different immigration branches within the Chicago office, such as Examinations, Investigations, and Detention and Deportation. TTY access is available for the hearing impaired at (312) 385-1813. The National Customer Service Center TTY phone number is 1 (800) 767-1833.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 5:29 pm
Sursum corda

Cindy, that's really great. Thanks so much. I have a lot going on here and in UK at the moment (I know, who hasn't!), so you've saved me a lot of time. Thanks again. Let's hope someone gets thier EAD soon!

Maggie
No problem, the idea is to help each other here.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 6:54 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cindy

I've just tried that number and also the number on their web site specifically for EAD and each time I was directed to the National Customer Service Centre!! I tried both numbers a few times and that is what happened each time! Oh well... back to waiting.

Maggie

Contacting Us
Old Nov 13th 2003, 8:02 pm
Sursum corda

Hi Cindy

I've just tried that number and also the number on their web site specifically for EAD and each time I was directed to the National Customer Service Centre!! I tried both numbers a few times and that is what happened each time! Oh well... back to waiting.

Maggie

So maybe show up at their office on the 91st day then?

Chicago District Office Location:
Street Address:
Chicago District Office
10 West Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, Illinois 60604
Old Nov 13th 2003, 8:10 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Yes, there's nothing to loose is there? I feel a bit ungrateful as there are some people on here that have been separated from their loved ones for such a long time and here I am having a moan because I can't work. Problem is, I need to work as we need the money.

Maggie

So maybe show up at their office on the 91st day then?

Chicago District Office Location:
Street Address:
Chicago District Office
10 West Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, Illinois 60604
Old Nov 13th 2003, 8:30 pm
Sursum corda

Yes, there's nothing to loose is there? I feel a bit ungrateful as there are some people on here that have been separated from their loved ones for such a long time and here I am having a moan because I can't work. Problem is, I need to work as we need the money.

Maggie

Ah yes, but you are now in Phase II. That is the" Reunited and now having to fact the realities of being a couple with all the less than wonderful things that go with it " phase, ie bills...... I'm right there with you sister!!
I found out this week that I am going to have to have surgery that will put me out of work for 4 weeks or so. I DO get sick leave from my fulltime job, but my part time job is such that I don't work, I don't get paid. The part time job is what has been keeping the wolf from the door until hubby gets his EAD. Never apologize for where you're at, 'cuz you've already been where you were, .
Old Nov 13th 2003, 8:47 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Thanks Cindy

I hope everything goes well for your surgery and that your hubby's EAD comes through really soon. How do you manage doing two jobs at once? You must get exhausted. I once read a post from someone that said you really get to know your other half veeeeeery well after going through this process and I have to say they were right. I don't think there will be anything we don't know about one another by the time this is all finished with! Whenever that may be!! It either brings a couple closer together or drives them apart. For us, I think it's brought us closer together. I liked your saying "never apologize for where you're at, 'cuz you've already been where you were"!! I will remember that!

Maggie

Ah yes, but you are now in Phase II. That is the" Reunited and now having to fact the realities of being a couple with all the less than wonderful things that go with it " phase, ie bills...... I'm right there with you sister!!
I found out this week that I am going to have to have surgery that will put me out of work for 4 weeks or so. I DO get sick leave from my fulltime job, but my part time job is such that I don't work, I don't get paid. The part time job is what has been keeping the wolf from the door until hubby gets his EAD. Never apologize for where you're at, 'cuz you've already been where you were, .
Old Nov 14th 2003, 2:29 am
Sursum corda

Black Label 15 July
NYC/Cnda 18 Aug
Maggs 26 Aug
Hung Dao 29 Aug
Venkimani 09 Sep
Bree Bree 10 Sep
rcoloyan 18 Sep
Berga 27 Sep
Cindyabs 07 Oct

Ok, from info on another thread, I would say (I am willingly corrected on this) that NBC, MSC whatever you call 'em, are processing EADs from 3 Sept. So If I were any of you folks with a July or August NOA I would be making some ripples.............
Old Nov 14th 2003, 1:52 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Hi Cindy

I also just figured this out this mornning! Trouble is, who to make the ripples to!! The only place I can get through to is the NCSC who are not much help!! Oh well.

Maggie

Ok, from info on another thread, I would say (I am willingly corrected on this) that NBC, MSC whatever you call 'em, are processing EADs from 3 Sept. So If I were any of you folks with a July or August NOA I would be making some ripples.............
Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:56 pm
Sursum corda

Hi Cindy

I also just figured this out this mornning! Trouble is, who to make the ripples to!! The only place I can get through to is the NCSC who are not much help!! Oh well.

Maggie

So did you call the 800-375-5283? I definetly think that calls for a visit to 'em since they're your local. Just think you could be walking out with an EAD!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 5:20 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Cindy
That is the number for the National Customer Service Centre Helpline. I've tried calling them several times and they aren't interested until 90 days have passed. The local numbers for Chicago are 312-385-1820 (for EAD) and 312-385-1500 (main number) but I can't get through to anyone as it sends me automatically to the NCSC!

Don't worry, I'll just keep trying until I find a way! I'll keep you undated.

Maggie

So did you call the 800-375-5283? I definetly think that calls for a visit to 'em since they're your local. Just think you could be walking out with an EAD!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

cacti is an unknown quantity at this point

Black Label 15 July
NYC/Cnda 18 Aug
Maggs 26 Aug
Hung Dao 29 Aug
Venkimani 09 Sep
Bree Bree 10 Sep
rcoloyan 18 Sep
Berga 27 Sep
Cindyabs 07 Oct
Don't forget me!!!

-EAD NOA 1 15Sep03
-Biometrics appt 20Sep03

BTW,

Contrary to popular knowledge, it IS possible to get a SSN without an EAD for a K-3. Whew, that's alot of acronyms! :-)

My wife's SS card (stamped "work authorized only with INS approval" or something to that effect) arrived yesterday. Now, I should state for the record that her K-3 and I-94 were both stamped "Employment Authorized" at the POE, something that isn't done regularly anymore.

Still, we await the EAD!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 6:47 pm
Sursum corda

Originally posted by cacti
Don't forget me!!!

-EAD NOA 1 15Sep03
-Biometrics appt 20Sep03

BTW,

Contrary to popular knowledge, it IS possible to get a SSN without an EAD for a K-3. Whew, that's alot of acronyms! :-)

My wife's SS card (stamped "work authorized only with INS approval" or something to that effect) arrived yesterday. Now, I should state for the record that her K-3 and I-94 were both stamped "Employment Authorized" at the POE, something that isn't done regularly anymore.

Still, we await the EAD!

Last edited by cindyabs; Nov 14th 2003 at 6:52 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.