Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New Commercial... time to brainwash the masses!

New Commercial... time to brainwash the masses!

Old May 5th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Commercial... time to brainwash the masses!

Just saw a new commercial on TV (or at least it is new to me). Telling America the evils of universal health care... they even have an English and Canadian doctor on there telling us to stay clear of UHC. Must be Obama has them worried!

http://cprights.org/
Old May 5th 2009, 4:07 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Commercial... time to brainwash the masses!

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Just saw a new commercial on TV (or at least it is new to me). Telling America the evils of universal health care... they even have an English and Canadian doctor on there telling us to stay clear of UHC. Must be Obama has them worried!

http://cprights.org/
Where's Trace when you need her?

We'll have to hope Tamms and Rete can keep the boat afloat!

"Having Scott lead the charge against healthcare reform is like tapping Bernie Madoff to campaign against tighter securities regulation. You see, the for-profit hospital chain Scott helped found--the one he ran and built his entire reputation on--was discovered to be in the habit of defrauding the government out of hundreds of millions of dollars."
Source: http://www.thenation.com/doc/2009033...l=hp_currently
Old May 5th 2009, 5:20 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit

Oi Oi, Son!

In truth, there's not a lot to disagree with on the site linked to. The problem is that it's probably funded by insurance companies, seeking to carry on making money by ass raping us all.

Yes, insurance companies. Outfits that are joined at the hip with the (government enforced monopoly enjoying) ratings agencies that landed us in the current economic pile of poo.

That's the problem. Of course private companies are rapacious profit seekers - that's their job. A truly free market allows consumers to exert influence, by exercising choice. Then the government comes along. It says that it will improve things, but what it does is dish out monopolies to its mates. Then we're screwed.

So the answer is less government, not more. That do you, FB?
Old May 5th 2009, 5:33 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
A truly free market allows consumers to exert influence, by exercising choice.
Uh-huh. So - how does a person with cancer get private cover for his/her illness after they've lost coverage with their previous insurer for exceeding the lifetime cap?

Health insurance does not follow the insurance paradigms that other types of insurance do: that an event cannot be easily predicted, that it may never occur, and that if it does occur, the damage can be capped to replacement value.

What is the replacement value of a human being?
Old May 5th 2009, 5:35 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

"Having Scott lead the charge against healthcare reform is like tapping Bernie Madoff to campaign against tighter securities regulation. You see, the for-profit hospital chain Scott helped found--the one he ran and built his entire reputation on--was discovered to be in the habit of defrauding the government out of hundreds of millions of dollars."
Source: http://www.thenation.com/doc/2009033...l=hp_currently
No help from me....I don't give a sh*t any more.
Old May 5th 2009, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Uh-huh. So - how does a person with cancer get private cover for his/her illness after they've lost coverage with their previous insurer for exceeding the lifetime cap?

Health insurance does not follow the insurance paradigms that other types of insurance do: that an event cannot be easily predicted, that it may never occur, and that if it does occur, the damage can be capped to replacement value.

What is the replacement value of a human being?
I'm not saying that the current system is perfect - I believe I made clear my view that All Insurers Are Bastards.

What I'm saying is that the typical government fix, of dishing out monopolies to their cronies on the the gravy train will just make it worse, not better.

We have seen the odd example of getting it almost right - for example, the conditions attached to group plans that mandate coverage of pre-existing conditions. Where it goes Pete Tong is that the insurance bastards spend billions buying legislators to limit or prevent such positive action.

In my view, the fact that government is purchasable makes it a problem, not a solution.
Old May 5th 2009, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
You are Dagny Taggart and I claim my ÂŁ5.
Old May 6th 2009, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

This is the actual commercial I saw...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7gfJiqT24
Old May 6th 2009, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

People who don't like nationalised healthcare seem to forget that you can go private and/or have medical insurance if you want. The insurance companies are the ones who'll lose out, and of course, we can't have huge faceless corporations who would happily grind us all into dust if it would improve their share prices making less profit. That just won't do.

My fiancée didn't have insurance last year as she was only working part-time (she's full-time now, so she gets company benefits), and she was pretty ill for awhile when I was visiting. I sure enjoyed watching her exercise her "choice" of not being able to afford treatment or not being able to afford treatment, especially when she ends up in the ER because she couldn't afford asthma medicine. What fun.

I then get told by Americans that it must be awful to be from somewhere with nationalised healthcare, where we all apparently have to wait 6 months for a doctors appointment, as opposed to being from the healthcare paradise that is the US of A.

Last edited by Marty J; May 6th 2009 at 1:21 am.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:31 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

What a pile of shit.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:41 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
So the answer is less government, not more. That do you, FB?
Health care is far too important to be left to corporations. We're not selling beans or music downloads here.

Some things the government does pretty well. Invading a country went quite well -- although they hadn't got a clue what to do after they'd accomplished the feat. They seem to be pretty good at putting out fires, too. Or running libraries.

I agree that they aren't much use at, for example, making cars. But then health care isn't like making cars, is it?
Old May 6th 2009, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
You go girl!
Old May 6th 2009, 1:53 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Health care is far too important to be left to corporations. We're not selling beans or music downloads here.

Some things the government does pretty well. Invading a country went quite well -- although they hadn't got a clue what to do after they'd accomplished the feat. They seem to be pretty good at putting out fires, too. Or running libraries.

I agree that they aren't much use at, for example, making cars. But then health care isn't like making cars, is it?
I hope not..

US heart transplant: human heart swapped for a much larger cows heart, custom fitting new, bigger, ventricles to jack up the heart somewhere around the shoulders. Room also added for 85 plasma holders

UK heart transplant, dr goes on strike halfway through op. Comes back after a 4 hour lunch and finishes up. Replacement heart leaks everywhere and there's a beer can rattling around inside it.

Japanese heart transplant: Heart replaced with some giant tentacled cartoon monster penis thing
Old May 6th 2009, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The main problem with trying to change the health care system in the US is that most people have their health insurance paid for by their company. They don't consider that they may become unemployed or lose their company paid insurance so like the system as it is.

It also doesn't help that the republicans use tactics that scare the hell out of little children.
Old May 6th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Seems that big change is underway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.