Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Naturalization Form N-400 Employment History Question?

Naturalization Form N-400 Employment History Question?

Old Jan 15th 2017, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Scot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really nice
Default Naturalization Form N-400 Employment History Question?

Hi,

I am applying for Naturalization and in the process of completing the Form N-400.

I have a question pertaining to 'Part 8. Information About Your Employment and schools You Attended' and would be grateful for any advice!

Unfortunately, I did not keep kept accurate records of my work history over the last 5 years. I don't have the exact start and end dates for my previous 4 jobs ( I presume that is very important that the dates I provide are accurate?!).

I am trying to call my previous employers to verify my employment dates but not having much luck.

Has anybody used or know of a company that can provide employment history verification? I checked the Social Security Administration website and they offer a service but it takes up to 120 days and I don't want to wait that long. I looked into maybe trying a Credit report agency but I don't think they will provide the information I need.

Thanks!
Old Jan 15th 2017, 4:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization Form N-400 Employment History Question?

All that's required is to fill it out to the best of your recollection. It's ok if the dates are not 100% accurate.

Rene
Old Jan 15th 2017, 5:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

What Noorah said!

Fill it out to the best of your recollection, and remember the naturalization step of your journey is the one step that the federal government actually wants you to complete, so unless you have recent felony convictions or there is reason to believe that you're an agent for the Iranian government, a North Korean military consultant, or have spent time in Syria in recent years, the chances of your application being rejected is approximately zero.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scot1
I presume that is very important that the dates I provide are accurate?!
You presume incorrectly. You are required only to report the information to the best of your memory. Why? Because such information is completely irrelevant to your eligibility to naturalize.

Ian
Old Jan 15th 2017, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Scot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really nice

Thank you for all advice much appreciated as always.

I'm probably going to be 2 or 3 weeks out with start/finish dates for the jobs I had 4/5 years ago. However, as advised I will provide information to the best of my (bad) memory!
Old Jan 15th 2017, 6:56 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Per your other thread, at this rate you will be naturalized before your PR conditions are removed! Is that even possible?

I agree with the others on employment dates. Jun 2012 to Nov 2013 etc. is good enough.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Per your other thread, at this rate you will be naturalized before your PR conditions are removed! Is that even possible?
The N-400 can be filed even if the I-751 is not yet adjudicated. This will force USCIS to look at the I-751, which in turn forces the I-751 approval (assuming no glaring problems) so that they can move forward with the N-400.

Rene
Old Jan 15th 2017, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
... at this rate you will be naturalized before your PR conditions are removed! Is that even possible?
No. Conditions must be removed prior to adjudication of the N-400. As Rene notes, submitting the N-400 will force adjudication of the I-751... even if the I-751 is adjudicated and approved mere moments prior to the adjudication and approval of the N-400.

Ian