Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:35 pm
Your Fellow American

Scotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to all
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

They're not denying you Milan they are just rescheduling
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotz
They're not denying you Milan they are just rescheduling
Scotz, I think you need to re-read what he wrote.

Milan, it could just be a computer fart. I would make an Infopass appointment and see if you can get someone to look at it.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Scotz.

You are not understanding what I am saying! Rescheduling what? It is not rescheduling for an oath! It was descheduling of my N-400 interview. BUT I ALREADY went to the original N-400 interview on August 11th. And that letter I received today that they descheduled my N-400 interview. That letter was postmarked AUGUST 3rd. And got it today.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Scotz, I think you need to re-read what he wrote.

Milan, it could just be a computer fart. I would make an Infopass appointment and see if you can get someone to look at it.
Thank you , I did call the USCIS 1-800 number they said I was approved as of August 15th and sheduled for on Oath ceremony que on August 17th. She said thats the only info they have. She said she doesnt see anything about my N-400 interview being descheduled.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Thank you , I did call the USCIS 1-800 number they said I was approved as of August 15th and sheduled for on Oath ceremony que on August 17th. She said thats the only info they have. She said she doesnt see anything about my N-400 interview being descheduled.
It sounds like an administrative cock-up to me. Try not to worry about it. You will hear about your Oath ceremony date in due course
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:10 pm
Yorkshire Lass in ATX

BritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really nice

An update.

Guys I got an email this morning!!!!

Oath Ceremony

On August 17, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.
I'm confused that a) they used the word queue and b) they spelled it wrong!

Congrats Milan... hope your Oath ceremony comes along quickly.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:40 pm
Your Fellow American

Scotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to all

Sorry peeps... Reading at work on an iPhone .. Makes more sense now 
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:53 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Relax, if there was anything wrong it would have shown up when they looked.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BritKat
I'm confused that a) they used the word queue and b) they spelled it wrong!

Congrats Milan... hope your Oath ceremony comes along quickly.
Dear Britkat.

Same here and yes they made a mistake instead queue they put que. But Britkat, few people getting the same update email after their N-400 interview, that they put them in scheduling queue. May I ask you what confusing you about that? I hope they are not just saying they approved me and they are really not. I don't know. I am just so confused and worried. I thought it was a done deal. Guess not LOL.

Ps: Another thing, you know guys on the automatic update page. It has steps like: Acceptance- Initial review- Testing and Interview- Decision- Post Decision Activity- Oath Ceremony.

Well, when I mailed my N-400 application. It did go in order starting: Acceptance, after my Biometrics it jumped to Initial review and after that to Testing and Interview. After I was recommended for an approval after my interview I thought it would go to DECISION and POST-DECISION and last Oath Ceremony. But no it skipped those two and went straight to Oath Ceremony. Wouldn't they normally first put in Decision something like We recommended your app for an approval and after the Supervisor do the Final Approval it would be in Post-Decision where they would put something like: Congratulations your N-400 has been approved etc... And Last about the Oath Ceremony.

Anyone on here that after the interview it jumped right to Oath Ceremony scheduling? Thank you guys.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Britkat.

Same here and yes they made a mistake instead queue they put que. But Britkat, few people getting the same update email after their N-400 interview, that they put them in scheduling queue. May I ask you what confusing you about that? I hope they are not just saying they approved me and they are really not. I don't know. I am just so confused and worried. I thought it was a done deal. Guess not LOL.

Ps: Another thing, you know guys on the automatic update page. It has steps like: Acceptance- Initial review- Testing and Interview- Decision- Post Decision Activity- Oath Ceremony.

Well, when I mailed my N-400 application. It did go in order starting: Acceptance, after my Biometrics it jumped to Initial review and after that to Testing and Interview. After I was recommended for an approval after my interview I thought it would go to DECISION and POST-DECISION and last Oath Ceremony. But no it skipped those two and went straight to Oath Ceremony. Wouldn't they normally first put in Decision something like We recommended your app for an approval and after the Supervisor do the Final Approval it would be in Post-Decision where they would put something like: Congratulations your N-400 has been approved etc... And Last about the Oath Ceremony.

Anyone on here that after the interview it jumped right to Oath Ceremony scheduling? Thank you guys.
I never checked mine so this is conjecture, but it is possible that the two steps 'decision' and 'post decision' are included for cases that might need some further adjudication after the interview. Your case (and I'd wager just about everyone else in this thread's) went right to 'Oath' because yours was approved then and there at the interview.

Honestly, mate - you're getting yourself worried over nothing. You're at the end now - you'll get your oath letter soon. Go have a pint or a cup of tea and do something else to keep your mind off it until then
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

By the time you get to this Oath Ceremony, you will have a nervous breakdown at least! approved as of August 15th What can't speak, can't lie!

When this Oath letter arrives, you will find it was mailed a week B/4 you got it. I had my US Passport out today, went to my Wifes Infopass appointment,
trying to swap her christian names about, no go, they have to go off her Birth Cert. But they did key in an "AKA" so she can sign her self the way she wants.

Next note from you will be Yahoo, the date is!!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you guys for keeping me calm. I was really worried that something went wong. What I am thinkin is since it was approved right and there supervisor didn't even looked at it. Perhaps the IO was a supervisor. :-)

Thank you guys. Will let you know when my oath ceremony date arrives.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:05 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you guys for keeping me calm. I was really worried that something went wong. What I am thinkin is since it was approved right and there supervisor didn't even looked at it. Perhaps the IO was a supervisor. :-)

Thank you guys. Will let you know when my oath ceremony date arrives.
FFS Milan ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
FFS Milan ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH
Love you Poppy :-D
Old Aug 24th 2011, 2:48 am
Yorkshire Lass in ATX

BritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really nice

Dear Britkat.

I'm not confused about your application - you're getting worried about nothing, you're approved, you're good.

I'm confused (for lack of a better term) over them using the word queue. American's don't use that word - or at least they've all looked at me blankly when I have over the years - so to see it in a 'formal' email is odd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.