Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:38 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
We'll get him to file ASAP then get it over with.
corrected the post to reflect reality

he'd better get those silver skates on!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 7:11 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Oh yes it sounds about the right time frame with a bit of luck you will be done and dusted by then
Well I am only two years overdue, getting a bit excited about getting it going now
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Well I am only two years overdue, getting a bit excited about getting it going now
I also "thought" i read somewhere that Pensacola feild office does same day oath if your lucky
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:08 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaxslad
Thanks Ian LMAO...

Yep ive got a letter for fingerprints to be taken...i was wondering if i could do a walk-in & ask if i could do this Fingerprint stuff now, cas ive on the same day a dentist appointment.

Ok well ive time tomoz, so ill take my letter and see what happens
It may or may not speed my N-400 up but least ive got that out the way.

Soz poppy....should have said it better..
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:30 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Is it possible to move in the middle of the process, or do you need to start it all over again when you change states?

I ask because I remember one of the requirements for filing the n-400 was living in the state you apply in for 3 months.
I've been living in MN for about 16 months and filed recently. I received my biometrics notice with an appointment for February. So far so good.

Here's the problem: I had to leave town in an emergency on January 28 and mailed my request for rescheduling as I left.

I won't be back and am planning to move away (to a different state) permanently. All the while I'm staying away from home.

I'm just wondering if I can pause the process or request a change of... address/venue/office? Or will I need to stick it out at my current address for biometrics and interview and all the way until the oath ceremony?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:52 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

I also "thought" i read somewhere that Pensacola feild office does same day oath if your lucky
I like the sound of that, wish it cold be all done here.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bequibar
I ask because I remember one of the requirements for filing the n-400 was living in the state you apply in for 3 months.
Yes.

I'm just wondering if I can pause the process or request a change of... address/venue/office? Or will I need to stick it out at my current address for biometrics and interview and all the way until the oath ceremony?
You certainly don't need to remain at your current address. Certainly you can change addresses and hope the paperwork moves from one place to another. Worst case scenario - refile in your new state after being there 3 months.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes.

Worst case scenario - refile in your new state after being there 3 months.

Ian
No $680 Refund tho if you refile..
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian LMAO...

Yep ive got a letter for fingerprints to be taken...i was wondering if i could do a walk-in & ask if i could do this Fingerprint stuff now, cas ive on the same day a dentist appointment.

Ok well ive time tomoz, so ill take my letter and see what happens
It may or may not speed my N-400 up but least ive got that out the way.

Soz poppy....should have said it better..
Well went to the uscis office, with my fingerprint letter and id, spoke with security women, she looked at my letter and told me in her words make ups(Walk in Fingerprints) is on wed from 730am/400pm if i wish to come back.

so off i went with my tail between my legs..
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

No $680 Refund tho if you refile..
Well... consider it the price you pay for moving mid-stream. Of course, that's only a worst case scenario.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bequibar
Is it possible to move in the middle of the process, or do you need to start it all over again when you change states?

I've been living in MN for about 16 months and filed recently. I received my biometrics notice with an appointment for February. So far so good.

Here's the problem: I had to leave town in an emergency on January 28 and mailed my request for rescheduling as I left.

I won't be back and am planning to move away (to a different state) permanently. All the while I'm staying away from home.

Page 11 of the USCIS Guide to Naturalization explains what to do if you move:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

It does not distinguish moving within your city from moving to another state.

I think all you need to do is a change of address and make sure your file gets moved to your new local office, so you can interview and take the oath at your new location.

I think the requirement for having lived in your district for 90 days prior to filing the N-400 is just for filing the N-400, which you've already done.

Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:20 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Rene, Ian and Jaxslad.

I did fear the worst case scenario was having to pay another 700 bucks, but it looks like it's gonna be okay.

Thanks again guys!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 5:12 am
Banned

samuel5028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
What's an N400
N 400 form-Application for naturalization.Individuals become citizens automatically if they were born in the US or if their parents were US citizens at their time of birth .If a foreign national wants to become a citizen, it is definitely possible through a process called naturalization after which he/she can enjoy the privileges and the rights that come with the US citizenship.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

The speed of the application received, and Receipt I-797. arriving at my home... Quick. UPS Package, signed for Jan 20. 2011 this was called the Priority date the Notice date, Jan 21, 2011 In my mail box on the 28th. And of course, a Sat; Sun; in there also.

Now the part I do not understand, 3rd line down.application number NBC and 9 numbers then RECEIVED DATE NOVEMBER 22, 2010 followed by the next little block, PRIORITY DATE JANUARY 20, 2011 PAGE 1of 1.

RECEIVED DATE NOVEMBER 22, 2010? What Application# I did not send anything. What is that about?

Mick
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:31 am
Account Closed

Default Re: N Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by samuel5028
N 400 form-Application for naturalization.
While we appreciate your input, why are you responding to a post that is almost a year old? Every post is time/date stamped. A year ago, he didn't know what an N-400 was... but that was a long time ago!

For future reference, you might want to read the entire thread before responding.

...after which he/she can enjoy the privileges and the rights that come with the US citizenship.
... and the responsibilities!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.