Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Aug 6th 2011, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Originally Posted by hobbes79
I did the letter but they didn't respond. I had to go in with an Infopass appt, they found it, then rescheduled me.

Not the end of the world and my local office is only a couple of miles away, but a bit of a pain I had to actually go in to make them do it.

Yes, just keep it short. You can't specify the new date you want. They just put you through the system again and give you a new date.
We are trying to go in on an Info Pass, very hard to get one here in Orlando, I wonder can you try a walk in?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
We are trying to go in on an Info Pass, very hard to get one here in Orlando, I wonder can you try a walk in?
For some reason, my local office is very quiet and you can make an infopass in the lobby and then just walk in. But they still require the infopass appt.

Obviously, worth a try if you can spare the time.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

For some reason, my local office is very quiet and you can make an infopass in the lobby and then just walk in. But they still require the infopass appt.

Obviously, worth a try if you can spare the time.
Our Office is only half an hour away, will give it a try! Thanks.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Update guys.

My N-400 interview took place on Aug.11th. In Jacksonville, FL. I was scheduled for 10:50 am but they couldn't find my file so it took almost 40 min before I was called in. Officer (a lady) asked me all the question on my N-400 I passed the civics and at the at she took a big red stamp and stamped the front APPROVED. After that she handed me a form N-652 with Congratulations you have been recommended for approval. Some say that the final approval has to be from the supervisor. But, why would she stamp it approved? Wouldn't the supervisor stamp it ? What if the supervisor decide to deny? Or is that N-652 just normal proceedings. Thank you. And thanks Poppy for telling me to go.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by milan79
Update guys.

My N-400 interview took place on Aug.11th. In Jacksonville, FL. I was scheduled for 10:50 am but they couldn't find my file so it took almost 40 min before I was called in. Officer (a lady) asked me all the question on my N-400 I passed the civics and at the at she took a big red stamp and stamped the front APPROVED. After that she handed me a form N-652 with Congratulations you have been recommended for approval. Some say that the final approval has to be from the supervisor. But, why would she stamp it approved? Wouldn't the supervisor stamp it ? What if the supervisor decide to deny? Or is that N-652 just normal proceedings. Thank you. And thanks Poppy for telling me to go.
You are a right worry wart!! The file goes from Officer who does the interview, to clerical staff, they check it for errors. Like F instead of M.

But the instant you walk out of the Office! It is a done deal, you is a Yank, right now! Welcome to the US of A! OOPS, after the Ceremony, that is,
when is it by the way?

Last edited by Mick1935; Aug 13th 2011 at 3:49 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I did the letter but they didn't respond. I had to go in with an Infopass appt, they found it, then rescheduled me.

Not the end of the world and my local office is only a couple of miles away, but a bit of a pain I had to actually go in to make them do it.

Yes, just keep it short. You can't specify the new date you want. They just put you through the system again and give you a new date.
Well, if anyone cares to know. I sent in a short letter, the appointment letter and a print out of my flight itinerary. Mailed on Fri Aug 5 (same day I received the appointment), confirmed delivery on Mon Aug 8.

I had said to myself I will give them a week (rather unrealistically). So yesterday Fri Aug 12 I call up the "help" line they can't see if anything has happened. I grab an Infopass appointment for the distant future just before I fly out (only two days available).

A few hours later I realize I hadn't checked the mail. Lo and behold a letter from the Phx USCIS office sent on Wed Aug 10 saying they received my request, it will delay processing, we will reschedule for after the date you get back.

This seems like almost shocking government efficiency. I think I will hang on to the Infopass appointment for now just in case.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

You are a right worry wart!! The file goes from Officer who does the interview, to clerical staff, they check it for errors. Like F instead of M.

But the instant you walk out of the Office! It is a done deal, you is a Yank, right now! Welcome to the US of A! OOPS, after the Ceremony, that is,
when is it by the way?
Mick 1935 so you think I am approved since she stamped approved?
Old Aug 13th 2011, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you commit a felony between now and the oath ceremony, I think you're probably ok.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

It ain't brain surgery. The next thing you will get is your Oath date.

If you lived in Gods Country (Orlando) I was Approved, waited outside in waiting hall, twenty minutes, my guy came out with a date, Tues. Interview, Fri. Oath.

I am having a tough time with loosing my Scouse accent! Just when I think I am making progress, some one says something I am not happy with, reply "U'what!" Back to the drawing board.

I wonder how the "Mobs" breaking in and torching homes in the UK would fare against my AK? Oh that's right! you can't be armed overome.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 9:24 pm
Your Fellow American

Scotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to all

Passport arrived in Fridays mail. All I need to do now is wait for the naturalization certificate to be mailed back and take it to the SSA to have them change my details. it's finally sunk in... The odyssey is over!!

Congrats Milan.. You're in ...... my fellow American 

Last edited by Scotz; Aug 13th 2011 at 9:26 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scotz
Passport arrived in Fridays mail. All I need to do now is wait for the naturalization certificate to be mailed back and take it to the SSA to have them change my details. it's finally sunk in... The odyssey is over!!

How are you doing with the accent?
Old Aug 13th 2011, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

It ain't brain surgery. The next thing you will get is your Oath date.

If you lived in Gods Country (Orlando) I was Approved, waited outside in waiting hall, twenty minutes, my guy came out with a date, Tues. Interview, Fri. Oath.

I am having a tough time with loosing my Scouse accent! Just when I think I am making progress, some one says something I am not happy with, reply "U'what!" Back to the drawing board.

I wonder how the "Mobs" breaking in and torching homes in the UK would fare against my AK? Oh that's right! you can't be armed overome.
I know it's not a brain surgery lol. I
Am
Just confused that she first gave me a paper with recommended for approval but at the end stamped APPROVED and she never mentioned anything about supervisor. Unless she was the supervisor.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scotz

Thank you Scottz. But not yet, I wish I lived in a big city where they do the Oaths same day or at least faster than Jacksonville. My IO told me that September was booked and she said next one will be October. So when I asked about October she said oh I don't know. :-(
Old Aug 14th 2011, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Scottz. But not yet, I wish I lived in a big city where they do the Oaths same day or at least faster than Jacksonville. My IO told me that September was booked and she said next one will be October. So when I asked about October she said oh I don't know. :-(
No arrests OK!! LOL
Old Aug 17th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

An update.

Guys I got an email this morning!!!!

Oath Ceremony

On August 17, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.