Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Jan 25th 2011, 1:45 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

P.S. I love Basil Brush!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:48 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maggs
P.S. I love Basil Brush!
I still have a stuffed original toy of Basil back in the UK
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:11 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm ready! filled the form in and just need to get the photos done. I have been putting this off for so long. I have been concerned that timelines would conflict with travel plans.

I am due to be away doing training in California for 2 weeks at the end of July, does this sound like a safe bet along with current processing times?
Old Jan 31st 2011, 1:43 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Thought I should mention - hubby received his US passport on Friday. It only took about a week and a half after he applied so they're really moving fast right now.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:40 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I think I'm ready! filled the form in and just need to get the photos done. I have been putting this off for so long. I have been concerned that timelines would conflict with travel plans.

I am due to be away doing training in California for 2 weeks at the end of July, does this sound like a safe bet along with current processing times?
Oh yes it sounds about the right time frame with a bit of luck you will be done and dusted by then
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass

16/20 wks looks about the norm from start to finish, so june-ish you should be done if there's no hipcups on your application.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by jaxslad
16/20 wks looks about the norm from start to finish, so june-ish you should be done if there's no hipcups on your application.
Many of us have been coming in around the 10 to 12 weeks timeframe
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:01 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe even earlier. I applied in March last year and my oath ceremony was July 6th.

Different offices will have different times, but Chicago seemed pretty typical compared to others who applied at the same time as me.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Many of us have been coming in around the 10 to 12 weeks timeframe
wow 10/12 wks that's fast..i know some places do same day oath (not many) but still
Nice to know where your $680 is going huh

Ive got my Bio in 2 wks...wonder if i could speed things up by showing my Bio letter and getting that done out the way.

Last edited by jaxslad; Jan 31st 2011 at 4:16 pm. Reason: edit
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:24 pm

wow 10/12 wks that's fast..i know some places do same day oath (not many) but still
Nice to know where your $680 is going huh

Ive got my Bio in 2 wks...wonder if i could speed things up by showing my Bio letter and getting that done out the way.

Not really sure what you mean!!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
[/B]

Not really sure what you mean!!
Bio= Fingerprint...walkin
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:33 pm

Bio= Fingerprint...walkin
Durr I know that silly lol

I am not getting showing what bio letter at the bio interview its a contradiction!!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - once you have your biometrics letter and a scheduled appointment, many places will do biometrics for you as a walk-in ahead of your scheduled appointment.

PG - this is what he's on about!

Ian
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes - once you have your biometrics letter and a scheduled appointment, many places will do biometrics for you as a walk-in ahead of your scheduled appointment.

Ian
Arrrrr OK gottcha I kept reading it over and over and could not make sense of it.

Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Thanks Ian LMAO...

Yep ive got a letter for fingerprints to be taken...i was wondering if i could do a walk-in & ask if i could do this Fingerprint stuff now, cas ive on the same day a dentist appointment.

Ok well ive time tomoz, so ill take my letter and see what happens
It may or may not speed my N-400 up but least ive got that out the way.

Soz poppy....should have said it better..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.