Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Dec 18th 2011, 6:21 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Social Security Card update.

Originally Posted by tonrob
You can apply for some kind of dispensation from Germany that means that, if approved, you keep your German citizenship. Mrs tonrob started to research this, and while the high-level criteria seems clear (prove some kind of disadvantage if you were not able to have each of the two citizenships) the details around the specifics of what it takes to get approved are not. She read quite a lot on a German forum but came away not much the wiser.
Much the impression we have. It can be done but knowing what is going to be a successful application in advance is very tricky. He is saying he will just get US citizenship and keep quiet about it, not a good idea.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Much the impression we have. It can be done but knowing what is going to be a successful application in advance is very tricky. He is saying he will just get US citizenship and keep quiet about it, not a good idea.
As I understand the rules, he may as well try and apply for the permit.

Once US citizenship has been obtained, you can't go back and apply after the fact - must be done before.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

I applied for naturalization back in May of this year. As of 3pm yesterday I am a newly minted US citizen
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

raaz74 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Hello All,

Sorry to jump in the middle of this thread....

I applied for the US Citizenship in Aug 2008
Finger prints done after few months
Interviewed on Jan 14, 2009, officer handed me a letter that says "I have passed the test but decision has not been made yet". An officer also told me that my name has a positive hit.

Since then my case is still pending, i wrote a letter to congressman but no answer.

In november 2011 I received a letter for finger prints again and on Dec 31,2011 i received a letter for re-interview. I am not sure why they want to re-interview?

I was assuming that I should have received the oath letter for citizenship.

I also would like to mention here that it took 2-3 years for me get to gc, either my first name or last name matches with some one and even i came to US on K3 visa it says on visa too "the person is not the same as lookout entry", means my name has a positive hit.

Please let me know if someone has the similar re-interview letter and what exactly happend?

Any suggestion or advise would be really appreciated.

Thank you
-Raaz
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raaz74
An officer also told me that my name has a positive hit.
It sounds like you are in Administrative Processing. If so, there is nothing you can do but wait. Nothing at all. You can't find out how long it's going to take; and you can't find out where you are in the process.

The only thing that might help is a Writ of Mandamus... but the chances of it being successful are slim, since this is a matter of national security for the US.

Ian
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for reponse, i have already contacted mandamus last year in 2011 around August but they said the same thing that my case is still pending.

My question is what does it mean re-interview? why they called me for re-interview? I checked the status online and it says that they schduled for test and interview again. However i have passed the test.

Please advise.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reponse, i have already contacted mandamus last year in 2011 around August but they said the same thing that my case is still pending.

My question is what does it mean re-interview? why they called me for re-interview? I checked the status online and it says that they schduled for test and interview again. However i have passed the test.

Please advise.
Biometrics only have a set length of time they are valid (because obviously you could have cut your hand off and grown another one in the intervening time). Your fingerprints now being a few years old need to be redone, so I suspect they are just going through the motions and that any interview you get will just be a formality to check you are still who you say you are and that you haven't suddenly become a communist or whatever in the intervening period.

Wait for the actual interview date to turn up, go to it and see what happens. Maybe brush up on the civics questions just in case.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:56 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Since then my case is still pending, i wrote a letter to congressman but no answer.

Any suggestion or advise would be really appreciated.

Thank you
-Raaz
I would suggest that, rather than writing to your congressman and sitting back and waiting for a response, you telephone your congressman's office (the one in the district, not DC) and ask to speak to the person there responsible for immigration affairs for his constituents. When my application apparently got lost, I did just that and the liaison spoke to the state capital INS office and got me sorted out very rapidly. Even if they can't do that, perhaps they can ascertain what is going on for you.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, that's what one of my friend said that it could be just formality or they probably wanna know if i still interested to become US citizen cause my application date is so old....they wanna know if i am the same person.

(i guess that's what you mean right? .....

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Biometrics only have a set length of time they are valid (because obviously you could have cut your hand off and grown another one in the intervening time). Your fingerprints now being a few years old need to be redone, so I suspect they are just going through the motions and that any interview you get will just be a formality to check you are still who you say you are and that you haven't suddenly become a communist or whatever in the intervening period.

Wait for the actual interview date to turn up, go to it and see what happens. Maybe brush up on the civics questions just in case.

Last edited by raaz74; Jan 2nd 2012 at 8:26 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Do you think i should hire a lawyer for this re-interview?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think i should hire a lawyer for this re-interview?
Whether or not to hire a lawyer is something only you can answer. We don't know your whole story and we don't know the level of your risk tolerance. If hiring a lawyer will help you sleep better at night, do it.

Ian
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:02 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I would suggest that, rather than writing to your congressman and sitting back and waiting for a response, you telephone your congressman's office (the one in the district, not DC) and ask to speak to the person there responsible for immigration affairs for his constituents. When my application apparently got lost, I did just that and the liaison spoke to the state capital INS office and got me sorted out very rapidly. Even if they can't do that, perhaps they can ascertain what is going on for you.
Exactly what I did and it was all done and dusted in 2/3 weeks.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

cpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of light

November 2nd - send off N-400 app
November 15th - Receipt notice
December 20th - Biometrics
Feb 2nd (9:15 am ) - Interview (actually it was more like 11 am by the time I got in)
Feb 2nd (1:30) - Oath Ceremony - finally a US Citizen.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is a newly-minted USC too (eligible years ago)!

Sent in N-400 application 9-22-11
Biometrics 10-19-11
Interview 2-6-12 at 12:30pm (done by 1:00pm)
Oath and Ceremony with certificate 2-6-12 2:00pm

Seven people representing six countries were sworn in (Belgium, the Netherlands, the Phillippines, Honduras, India, and two people from the UK).
Old Feb 12th 2012, 5:31 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have decided that we are going to start gathering all our information together and get our forms sent off ASAP..... I am actually really excited to become a citizen I pass the civics test!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.