Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:25 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by Extreme
N-400 sent around 02/02/10
NOA received around 02/15/10
After that nothing.... I am a tiny bit worried why I haven't received an invitation for finger printing...
Where did you file!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Extreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Where did you file!
I'm not sure, I'm using a lawyer who sent it off. I live in San Diego.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure...
Where you file depends on where you live. Hint = the Internet is a vast resource of information.

Ian
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Extreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
...the Internet is a vast resource of information...
He he, sure is! I need to take a more pro-active approach and the first step was to figure out that my application was sent (hopefully) to Phoenix, AZ.

Second step was to sign up for the email notification system. Although, I've heard it is not very reliable.

Third step, I guess, will be to bug my lawyer, but I think I'll hold off for another couple of weeks. Not much he can do anyway, I assume.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17th 2010, 1:49 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

He he, sure is! I need to take a more pro-active approach and the first step was to figure out that my application was sent (hopefully) to Phoenix, AZ.

Second step was to sign up for the email notification system. Although, I've heard it is not very reliable.

Third step, I guess, will be to bug my lawyer, but I think I'll hold off for another couple of weeks. Not much he can do anyway, I assume.

Thanks!

Yes I would think its AZ all CA apps go there.
Call your lawyer,you are paying him aren't you!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Just an update-my husband had his biometrics done in Metairie, LA (outside of New Orleans) this morning. As it's a 4 hour drive, we went over and spent the night-there is a Day's Inn just 2 blocks from the office. It took a grand total of 10 minutes and we were on the way back home. I didn't go in, but he said everyone he dealt with was extremely courteous. They had said no cell phones, but he said everyone there (except him who minded the rule!) had one but they were asked to turn them off.
Now the wait for the next phase begins!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by flagirl
Just an update-my husband had his biometrics done in Metairie, LA (outside of New Orleans) this morning. As it's a 4 hour drive, we went over and spent the night-there is a Day's Inn just 2 blocks from the office. It took a grand total of 10 minutes and we were on the way back home. I didn't go in, but he said everyone he dealt with was extremely courteous. They had said no cell phones, but he said everyone there (except him who minded the rule!) had one but they were asked to turn them off.
Now the wait for the next phase begins!
Thank you and keep us posted please.

I think I have been to that office when I lived in LA do you have to park on what looks like waste land and its a very run down area!!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Thank you and keep us posted please.

I think I have been to that office when I lived in LA do you have to park on what looks like waste land and its a very run down area!!
Nope, it was a 5 story car park that was attached to the building. It seemed pretty safe but I did lock the doors while I was alone waiting just in case. Martin said they even asked him to fill out a little questionnaire asking if his experience had been a good one. I honestly thought that something had gone wrong when I saw him coming back to the car so quickly-I always expect any dealings with immigration on either side of the Atlantic to be a hassle so this was a pleasant surprise.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by flagirl
Nope, it was a 5 story car park that was attached to the building. It seemed pretty safe but I did lock the doors while I was alone waiting just in case. Martin said they even asked him to fill out a little questionnaire asking if his experience had been a good one. I honestly thought that something had gone wrong when I saw him coming back to the car so quickly-I always expect any dealings with immigration on either side of the Atlantic to be a hassle so this was a pleasant surprise.
Yep there was a mutil story as well but I guess the area has changed and built on again after Katrina.

The fingerprints nevere take long its a quick in and out, well its always been that way for me
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:59 pm
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, can I join in too?

Mailing our N-400s next week, based on 5 year green card. We're in Los Angeles.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Nyz
Hi, can I join in too?

Mailing our N-400s next week, based on 5 year green card. We're in Los Angeles.
Oh please do the more the merrier and welcome
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:24 am
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

I'm so nervous about the final stage, I just hope it goes quickly and smoothly!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nyz
Thank you.

I'm so nervous about the final stage, I just hope it goes quickly and smoothly!
Hi Nyz,

welcome on board

I filed on the basis of 5 years of residency myself and can only confirm that this was the easiest, least work-intensive, fastest process I ever went through!

Can't believe it will be over soon

Wishing you smooth sailing,

Rebecca.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

I'd call your lawyer now... if they sent it in then I assume they sent it by courier or similar, which will at least confirm it was received by USCIS. If thay have no proof it was received then frankly I'd tear them another a-hole.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Checks cashed 3/24/10.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.