Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My K1 Medical Experience

My K1 Medical Experience

Old Aug 14th 2015, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default My K1 Medical Experience

Hi All,

Thought I'd share my K1 Medical experience as a lot of people seem to ask about it on here.

My appointment was for 9.10am, never one to be late I arrived at 8.20 but they were closed, so I grabbed a coffee and came back at 8.45. I was given a clipboard to fill out a more thorough questionnaire and handed over my paperwork.

At 9.10 the doctor called me in for my examination, she was very friendly and professional, we chatted for a little bit, she did a blood test, checked my eyes, ears and genitals and that was that. She said she didn't need to weigh or measure me as what I put on the form looked accurate. She didn't ask about my family medical history at all, only seem interested in mine (which is uneventful)

Within 10 minutes I was then called in for my Chest X-Ray, once again this was very quick and friendly.

He then took me straight to the nurse to review my vaccinations, I needed two so decided to just have them on the spot, we chatted about the weather and she administered the injections.

Finally I was called by the receptionist who went over all my paperwork, took the payment and I was on my way, all within less than an hour.

As I was leaving it was definitely much busier, so I would advise going for an early slot if available. Aware that I'm relatively fit and healthy so other peoples experience might vary but really I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. Everyone was really friendly and helpful and they are there to help, not catch you out or ask trick questions!

The only things that hurts is my credit card.