Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My interview experience at US London Embassy

My interview experience at US London Embassy

Old Nov 15th 2017, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

ItsHappening is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My interview experience at US London Embassy

I had my IR-1 (Spouse) interview today 15th November at the embassy. It was at 11am and I arrived 10 minutes early. Getting inside is easy, typical airport stuff and very friendly people. Got my confirmation letter checked (the one from when you book your courier service online is what they need) and a sticker on my passport with my number.

The waiting room was jam packed with people for many different things but within a few minutes of sitting down my number came up on the big television and I was called to Window #2. A very friendly American guy (I think) with a nice shirt said hello and asked me for my passport, 1 passport photo and additional paperwork (my birth certificate, my police certificates from Belgium (with translations) and UK, I-864 from petitioner and also sponsor we're using, her passport copy). Finger prints were taken and we had to re-do my right hand as my pinky didn't register the first time.
We made some nice small talk about Los Angeles, London and I handed over all required documents every time he asked for it. He asked me when I had had my medical as they didn't have it yet. Kinda bummed about that but he said he would check the back room, gave me a slip to go and pay at Window 12 and told me to take a seat afterwards until my number would be called again. All of this took around 20 minutes, it was quick and efficient.

I took a seat again and read my book, after about 15 minutes my number was called again and this time I made my way to Window 14. Was asked to raise my right, make an oath and again have my finger prints taken. This was also a friendly gentlemen who was mostly typing on the computer as he asked me a few questions;

Where is your husband?
At home.

No I mean is he in London?
Yes he lives in London with me.

Who is NAME? His mother?
No that's his sister, my sponsor.

Will you 3 be living together?
Yes Sir.

Has he lived with you since 2013 in London, since you were married?
Yes he has lived with me shortly before 2013.

When do you want to move?
Gave him our preferred date to move.

And that was it. He told me my medical hadn't arrived yet so gave me the blue form under 221(g) but kept my passport. I probably cut it to fine with only 8 days between medical and interview but am hopeful tomorrow Thursday or Friday my medical arrives and then that's that. I'm not feverishly checking the CEAC website and it already changed from 'Ready' this morning to 'Administrative Processing'.

Thank you everyone on these forums for your help, even reading other people's questions and experiences has kept me going and helped tremendously. Just a few more days
Old Nov 15th 2017, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My interview experience at US London Embassy

Congratulations. Glad to hear it went smoothly. Hopefully your medical arrives sooner rather than later.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 2:23 pm
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your experience. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long for the medical to arrive.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I'm glad it was a pleasant experience for you, and I hope your medical comes back pronto.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all. Been checking CEAC, it was still in AP yesterday but it had been updated (the date at least). Today, it says READY (and then back to AP). I can feel it getting closer and closer. (Assuming this is the 'normal' process).

Last edited by ItsHappening; Nov 17th 2017 at 2:20 pm. Reason: Back to AP
Old Nov 17th 2017, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Sorry for the double post but... ISSUED.

I'm a little bit in shock but needless to say we're also over the moon!
Old Nov 17th 2017, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant!
Old Nov 18th 2017, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic! Congratulations! Mine was Issued on the Monday and I had my passport in hand on the Thursday (collected from depot), so you should have yours back mid-next week.