MSC *EAD* Roll Call

Old May 19th 2003, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

cdcib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi

HI
GUYS
I'M PREPARING FOR MY WIFE PAPER FOR EAD.SHE WILL BE HERE PRETTY SOON WITH K3 VISA.I KNOW I HAVE TO SEND I-765 BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SEND WITH THE APPLICATION.(MY I-130 IS ALREADY APPROVED TOO). CAN U PLS LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO SEND WITH THE APPLICATION & WHERE TO.
THANKS
Old May 19th 2003, 3:08 am
Ron

Default Re: MSC *EAD* Roll Call

Please turn off the CAPS LOCK.

"cdcib" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > HI
    > GUYS
    > I'M PREPARING FOR MY WIFE PAPER FOR EAD.SHE WILL BE HERE PRETTY SOON
    > WITH K3 VISA.I KNOW I HAVE TO SEND I-765 BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SEND
    > WITH THE APPLICATION.(MY I-130 IS ALREADY APPROVED TOO). CAN U PLS LET
    > ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO SEND WITH THE APPLICATION & WHERE TO.
    > THANKS
    > --
    > hi
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 19th 2003, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get the I-765 form from the BCIS website. All the instructions are there and pretty clear. You can't send the application until your wife arrives, as you need to send a copy of the I-94, which she will get upon arrival.
The address to which you send the form is in the I-765 instructions as well.
Old May 20th 2003, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

pitani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHERE IS IT!!!!

I have to vent. Today marks the 60 day mark for our EAD and Thursday will mark the 280 day mark for our I130. It looks like the Nebraska service center has been on the same date 5/28 for I-130s for several months. What's up with the Missouri service center, they processed 2/25 on 4/15. Shouldn't they be on March by now!!!!
Old May 20th 2003, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

I feel your pain.
I wonder if the FBI checks are being held up?
Of course, there is no real way to determine what is going on. I haven't heard a peep out of anyone since March 13 for weeks. Did you see that kumar1965's wife got her actual card on May 9? And I think her 1st NOA was March 13.
Sigh.
Old May 21st 2003, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by lucymoody
I feel your pain.
I wonder if the FBI checks are being held up?
Of course, there is no real way to determine what is going on. I haven't heard a peep out of anyone since March 13 for weeks. Did you see that kumar1965's wife got her actual card on May 9? And I think her 1st NOA was March 13.
Sigh.
That's sort of depressing. If you notice in my timeline, we were held up by a name check during the K3 process. This is really ridiculous. If you've gone through one FBI check, why go through another one? I am so sick of this process and to think, we aren't done yet!!!
Old May 21st 2003, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

I know - you would think they could somehow consolidate the FBI checks.
Incidentally, have you or are you going to try to file AOS? Also, are you getting ready to file for an interim EAD at your local office on the 91 day mark?
Old May 21st 2003, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Incidentally, have you or are you going to try to file AOS? Also, are you getting ready to file for an interim EAD at your local office on the 91 day mark?

Lucymoody:

I am so scared about that "91 day" mark, why...because I live in New York. I've heard horror stories from everyone, like people start to line up at 3am!!! Can you believe this, they only take a certain number of people and them they stop giving out the EAD's.

~Claudia
Old May 21st 2003, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Haven't filed AOS yet, waiting to get the fee together before doing so. The St. Louis office does not issue interim EADs, so I have no idea what we are going to do if we reach the 91 day mark. Hopefully it won't get to that.
Old May 24th 2003, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all

Federal law requires that they process your EAD in 90 days, they either have to give you an interim one, or the one you are due or they are in violoation. I would go and take a copy of the law, which is on the BCIS site with you.

-fr
Old May 24th 2003, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Good point, Flightrisk. How does one search the Federal Register to come up with that portion? I'd like to have it in hand when I go to ask for my interim card (assuming the worst) in Providence - I've no idea what their policy is on interim EADs.
Thanks!
Old May 26th 2003, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Default So is this good, or bad?

Hi all felllow K3 EAD applicants! I posted this topic as a free-standing thread, but I figure it'll get more attention here anyway....
Well, I checked my online status today, and my case is approved....sort of. I check my status about five times a day (sadly) and it only showed up as changed today.
Here is the message:

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On May 20, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

What is bizarre is that this sounds like a *replacement* card, but I filed for a first-time card. Ack! What does this mean? Anyone?
Also, it's weird that only today (May 26) would it show up as approved.....
Old May 27th 2003, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

xiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So is this good, or bad?

Hi all felllow K3 EAD applicants! I posted this topic as a free-standing thread, but I figure it'll get more attention here anyway....
Well, I checked my online status today, and my case is approved....sort of. I check my status about five times a day (sadly) and it only showed up as changed today.
Here is the message:

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On May 20, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

What is bizarre is that this sounds like a *replacement* card, but I filed for a first-time card. Ack! What does this mean? Anyone?
I think this is excellent news. This means MSC is working on end of March receipt dates. Be glad that it was approved!! Keep us posted on your card!! Looks like the rest of us have a few weeks left on the wait.

Xiomi
Old May 27th 2003, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all

Just search the code of federal regulations 8 CFR 274a.13(d). It's on the BCIS site. The complete title is

"TITLE 8 OF CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS (8 CFR)/8 CFR PART 274a -- CONTROL OF EMPLOYMENT OF ALIENS/Sec. 274a.12 Classes of aliens authorized to accept employment"

You can find the link here:

http://www.immigration.gov/lpBin/lpe...-frame.htm&2.0

from the archives the citation, scroll down a bit to Andy's post:

http://britishexpats.com/arch/57/2001/11/105721

-fr

Good point, Flightrisk. How does one search the Federal Register to come up with that portion? I'd like to have it in hand when I go to ask for my interim card (assuming the worst) in Providence - I've no idea what their policy is on interim EADs.
Thanks!
Old May 27th 2003, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: So is this good, or bad?

I'm a bit late because I did not check the status over the weekend but I received the same message for our EAD application. We are approved and they ordered a "new card" almost sounds as if they think we are getting a renewal or something. I'm just glad it's approved. I hope it doesn't take long before the card is mailed. Can we take the "printed approval notice" to the Social Security office to get a card now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.