I-864EZ Question

Old Mar 30th 2013, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

victoriarenee9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864EZ Question

Hi All! My UKC husband and I (USC) are in the process now, and we have paid the AOS fees, as well as the IV processing fees invoice. I have submitted form DS-3032 to NVC, but saw on a Timeline post about the I-864EZ form, which was not one I had seen before. Will NVC/State Dept contact me regarding that form, or is it something I was just supposed to know to send in? Sorry if this is a silly question, this whole process is a bit confusing sometimes! Also, we have just submitted the IV processing fee a few days ago, and have found the DS-230 form online, but will NVC contact us regarding where to send the form and civil documents once the payment has cleared?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Old Mar 30th 2013, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864EZ Question

Originally Posted by victoriarenee9
... saw on a Timeline post about the I-864EZ form, which was not one I had seen before.
Since you mention the NVC, I'm guessing you live in the US and filed the I-130 in the US. The USC must file an affidavit of support for the non-USC spouse. If the USC spouse has enough in income and/or assets to be the sole financial sponsor, then I-864EZ can be used. If the USC spouse has insufficient income and/or assets and must have a joint sponsor to supply the financial support for the non-USC, then the USC spouse and the joint sponsor must both file an I-864.

You will file either an I-864 or an I-864EZ, but not both.

Ian
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:07 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864EZ Question

You wrote that you've "paid the AOS fees". You understand the I-864EZ is "the AOS"? If you qualify to use the 'easy' form rather than the I-864. You should Google the two forms and read their instructions to determine which you will use.

Since you've paid the fee you should be finding the cover letter to submit the form on the NVC web pages at travel.state.gov

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by victoriarenee9
Hi All! My UKC husband and I (USC) are in the process now, and we have paid the AOS fees, as well as the IV processing fees invoice. I have submitted form DS-3032 to NVC, but saw on a Timeline post about the I-864EZ form, which was not one I had seen before. Will NVC/State Dept contact me regarding that form, or is it something I was just supposed to know to send in?