Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical & Interview for immigrant visa

Medical & Interview for immigrant visa

Old Jun 9th 2017, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Aberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Medical & Interview for immigrant visa

When did they start making you do the medical and interview not on the same day? In 2002 they gave me my medical in the morning and interview in the afternoon. Now I have to fly to London twice from Aberdeen 🙄
Old Jun 9th 2017, 2:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Medical & Interview for immigrant visa

Several years ago.

Rene
Old Jun 9th 2017, 2:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical & Interview for immigrant visa

By the way, I circus your thread title.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2017, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember that visa validity is often from the date of medical and not the interview date.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 2:53 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aberdeenokie
When did they start making you do the medical and interview not on the same day? In 2002 they gave me my medical in the morning and interview in the afternoon. Now I have to fly to London twice from Aberdeen � ����
I think it was 2006, if not 06 it was latter part of 2005.

Last edited by lansbury; Jun 10th 2017 at 2:56 am.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Just to throw this out to you but since you are doing DCF, you will be making your own appointment for the interview at the US Consulate in London. So when you have made the appointment, then make your appointment for the medical a week before the interview. Go to London for a week as a holiday and do both while you are there.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Aberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of light

Alright I`m a little confused by people saying that they picked up a GP for letter/summary for their medical. Surely its just your vaccination records that is required.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 12:38 pm

Alright I`m a little confused by people saying that they picked up a GP for letter/summary for their medical. Surely its just your vaccination records that is required.
No, there is a new requirement to ALSO bring a letter/summary from your doctor, in addition to the vaccination records.

Rene
Old Jun 14th 2017, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

What does my Doctor have to say in his letter? No mention of a GP Letter on the requirements

At the time you attend the medical examination, you will be required to provide the following:

Photo identification (e.g. driving licence, passport);
4 photographs which meet Department of State requirements;
For applicants aged 16 and over, a UK police certificate (known as an ACRO) issued within the past 6 months;
Vaccination records, which can be obtained from your regular healthcare provider. If you are unable to obtain your vaccination record, you should consult with the panel physician at the time of your appointment.
Completed medical questionnaire,

Last edited by Aberdeenokie; Jun 14th 2017 at 2:44 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is from the website or from a letter sent to you?

The requirement is new (from May of this year) as stated by elizabethsmum who received this notification in a letter regarding the medical appointment. They ask for the medical summary from those who have had serious or major or continuing health issues.

Yes, things have changed since you went through the DCF process years ago and there are several new twerks to the process, i.e. medical summary, making your own consulate appointment on-line, etc. So perhaps it is best if you stay in touch on the forum for finding out what these changes are rather than relying on older information.

Most of the changes make your life so much easier.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

People have been posting about this for a few weeks. It's definitely now required for *everyone* whereas before it only used to be for those who have a medical condition or history. Why quibble - better safe than sorry!
Old Jun 14th 2017, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
It is from the website or from a letter sent to you?

The requirement is new (from May of this year) as stated by elizabethsmum who received this notification in a letter regarding the medical appointment. They ask for the medical summary from those who have had serious or major or continuing health issues.

Yes, things have changed since you went through the DCF process years ago and there are several new twerks to the process, i.e. medical summary, making your own consulate appointment on-line, etc. So perhaps it is best if you stay in touch on the forum for finding out what these changes are rather than relying on older information.

Most of the changes make your life so much easier.
I just copied and pasted from the US Embassy website for requirements for medical
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I just copied and pasted from the US Embassy website for requirements for medical
What makes you think the web site is accurate? Like all web sites, it gets updated when someone remembers to update it. It is not currently up-to-date.

Ian