Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical Experience London

Medical Experience London

Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Experience London

Hello! Just got my back London and thought I’d share my medical experience.

Got there around 8:50am this morning for my 9:10am appointment, I think I must have been 3rd to be seen. I was asked to wait until my allotted time then hand forms over:

- Medical history summary (make sure it has your name on it)
- Police Certificate
- 4x Passport style photos
- Vaccinations
- letter from NVC stating my case number and completed medical questionnaire. (They give you a further questionnaire to do in the doctors too)

I handed over my urine sample, and filled in the forms before being taken into my room from a brief chat by a pleasant enough woman. After my vaccinations were all fine I was then handed over to the jolly X-Ray man (this took all of 5 mins).

After that I returned to the waiting room for 5-10 mins before getting seen by the doctor, who was also nice enough. She asked me questions about if I had abused drugs or alcohol (which I haven’t) followed by a blood test and eye exam. This took 10 mins tops for me.

After this I was told that she was happy with that she had seen. I returned to the front desk, paid my medical bill (£300.00) and then left.

Overall my experience was 50-1hr long. I was very surprised how easy and quick it was! I guess if you have nothing on a police record or medical record to show it can be rather quick. The doctors is rather easy to find, I took the tube to Bond Street and it’s a 5 minute walk north of there.

Interview is next Wednesday, hope all goes well!

Thanks,

Joshua.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

kbales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Experience London

Glad everything went so smoothly! Good luck with the interview
Old Mar 9th 2018, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear it went well.
Can I ask how long it took from submitting your documents to the NVC to being allocated your consulate appointment?
I've just sent my packet to the NVC and wondering how long this next stage has taken for people recently.
Thanks.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
Good to hear it went well.
Can I ask how long it took from submitting your documents to the NVC to being allocated your consulate appointment?
I've just sent my packet to the NVC and wondering how long this next stage has taken for people recently.
Thanks.
I’m going through a K-1 visa process, so I had to allocate myself an appointment at the embassy. When my case was transferred from the USCIS to the NVC, it took a little under 40 days for it to get to London. From there they sent me a packet and invited me to book a medical and interview.

I don’t know if that’s anything to go by! Good luck with your journey 🙂