Medical Appt

Old Aug 7th 2015, 5:08 pm
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Appt

Well guys I had my medical, 2 weeks ago on this day. I haven't received any news from them, so I now assume that, both my test (X-ray and Blood) came out fine.
So now what? How long do I wait for notification from the embassy of an interview date?
I had already sent off the DS-160 form about 6 weeks ago or so.

My USBF has already sent out his hard copy, signed and sealed of his I-134.
I have the I-864, copy only, and I am aware now that I wouldn't need that until the AOS.
I have my police certificate
My birth certificate
My passport
A few photos of our relationship in the past 3 yrs. together.

I am trying to get my package together for the interview. Is there anything else I need?

Oh I had not, taken a copy of the whole 1-129F form from back in June last year, hope this wouldn't create a problem for myself at the interview as I do not remember what I put in it, but it is all about our relationship so I am sure there's nothing to really try and remember for the interview.

As for the medical. It wasn't so bad at all. I arrived 10 minutes early. So was given forms to fill in by reception and as I was filling them in, I had noticed there were questions for the DR/Nurse to fill in so, I checked it out because I wanted to be on guard on what it was they were looking out for and testing you on. That made me feel better as I felt I had the heads up of the whole entire appt.

Saw the nurse first. She said to me that, my GP's vaccinations history was impressive that they had issued me that, from when I was a baby!
It was totally fine apart from.. MMR. The 1st shot they are only interested in. Not the 2nd. SO, I had that done on the Monday morning,
(Medical was on the Friday) by my own GP. No payment for that. I am having the 2nd one next month. The nurse who gave me the vaccination, had faxed the confirmation of that onto the embassy to let them know as they had requested with the form that the medical nurse had handed to me, to give onto my own GP. I too, emailed them the scanned copy of the vaccination, just in case. I like to be careful at all eventualities.

After seeing the Nurse at my appt, I went onto seeing the DR. She asked me about my depression due to my mothers passing. She did say at the end a letter would help, and I told her it should be there inside the folder that the receptionist had put together along with all of my other papers that they had asked for on the day. The DR read it and said immediately that is perfect. No need to worry. She also had asked me about my OCD to cleaning. But she understood that it stemmed from bereavement.
I had an eye test. Had to stand and read the alphabet board that you typically read at an opticians. Then she took my height, and weight.
Then I sat onto the bed and had my throat, eyes, ears, and breathing checked out. Then blood for Syphilis. Then, the finale. The genital check up. It wasn't even that bad at all. She told me to lie back, keeping underwear on and all she did was...
Just pulled the underwear to one side, a super split second look and that was it! Honestly she didn't even check, just a super duper quick look and it was over. (Hope this wasn't TMI for anyone) Too much info
Just thought I clear that one up if anyone had any concerns.
Oh, I was asked if wanted a chaperone for that bit, at the start of the check up, but I declined. No need.

Then lastly, I had X-ray. Was quick. Top off. Gown on. Stand in front of a machine. That's it.

I was told by receptionist's that it will take 3-4 days for the results of the x-ray and blood tests to come back. If I do not hear from them within that time then, all is fine. Then they took my payment, and I was off back to my merry way home in the pouring rain! Total time in there, 45 mins.

So now, I only have my queries of what next and what I should do in the meantime or collate with regards to paperwork.

Hope there isn't much more of this to go now. Hope I am near the end.

Hope my experience has helped anyone else out there who maybe nervous. And I appreciate any answers to my earlier queries on what next. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by florida12; Aug 7th 2015 at 5:11 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Appt

Originally Posted by florida12
How long do I wait for notification from the embassy of an interview date?
Did you send the readiness form? Without it, no interview will be scheduled because they don't know you're ready for one.

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2015, 8:14 pm
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Appt

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did you send the readiness form? Without it, no interview will be scheduled because they don't know you're ready for one.

Ian
Yes I did. That was done at the same time as the DS-160 6weeks ago or so. Thanks for the reminder. I forgot I had done that too! 13/07/2015 I had submitted it in.. so 6 weeks from that date it states, to hear from them hopefully..

The DS-160 I actually had done that in October 2014 before I flew out to visit my Fiancé.

Last edited by florida12; Aug 7th 2015 at 8:30 pm.