Old Jan 18th 2017, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

MartinBen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Married now more paperwork!

Happily married on Monday

The next lot of forms starts now.

What forms do I need to complete - i864, i765, i485

Any others?

I went down to the local DMV centre today and they say I cant apply for a NH licence until I have Work Authorization Card - I guess thats after I've submitted the i765 form?
Old Jan 18th 2017, 5:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married now more paperwork!

Assume you arrived on a K1?

Form I-131
Form G-325A

You'll get the EAD in hand about 90 days after filing the AOS package (including I-765).

Rene
Old Jan 18th 2017, 6:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to use your passport and I-94 to get your driver's license. It will probably only be valid until the date on the I-94, but you can get another one when you get your EAD in hand.

Rene
Old Jan 18th 2017, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

The immigration official said the i-94 is now all done electronically and so there is no stamp or anything that says i-94 in my passport. I had this conversation with the guys at SSN and they did find me on their system but I guess the DMV use a different computer system since the lady I spoke to did call the main office down in Concord who told what documents I would need for a licence
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinBen
The immigration official said the i-94 is now all done electronically and so there is no stamp or anything that says i-94 in my passport. I had this conversation with the guys at SSN and they did find me on their system but I guess the DMV use a different computer system since the lady I spoke to did call the main office down in Concord who told what documents I would need for a licence
It is done electronically. You can print your I-94 online. Google it.

Sounds like you've been conned by the DMV.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

It's also worth noting the USCIS office in Chicago where you'll be sending your AOS package is severely backlogged at the moment (I assume due to the rise in fees and people trying to get there packages in before that date, or people terrified of the Donald!)

We sent ours in over two weeks ago and the cheque still hasn't been cashed.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 1:35 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

I have read before that some states require either EAD or I-551 for a new immigrant to get a driving licence. Looking at the NH DMV site, it appears that this is one such state. I would check how long you can use your UK licence. Here in WA, resident aliens can use their home country's licence for up to 12 months.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Well posted all the paperwork off to the lockbox on Saturday so I guess the long wait begins!

Picking up a car tomorrow so at least I will have some wheels.

Looking at doing voluntary work whilst waiting for EAD to turn-up. 90-days? Hope it's not that long!

On voluntary work - could they pay me a contribution to any gas I use?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 11:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

On voluntary work - could they pay me a contribution to any gas I use?
Nope. No contribution or exchange of goods in lieu of payment. Be sure that the work you are volunteering for is not one that someone else is being paid to do.

My husband hated the wait for the EAD and was driving me up a wall during the inactive wait time.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rete - I checked re. my voluntary work denying someone else a paid role and it is definately unpaid whoever does it so that's good.

shame about no contribution to gas - oh well.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 12:03 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... it is definately unpaid whoever does it so that's good.
So long as they treat all the volunteers the same, it's not quite as black/white as suggested. For example, if they routinely make and serve soup for lunch for all volunteers, then you are allowed to have soup for lunch - and that is not considered reimbursement. By the same token, if they routinely pay for gas for all volunteers, then they can pay for yours also. The important bits are that it is routine and not something special that only happens on occasion, and that they do it for all the volunteers and not just for some of them.

Ian
Old Jan 31st 2017, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for clarifying it Ian - I'm due to see them later this week.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 5:59 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your marriage
Old Feb 11th 2017, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenK91
It's also worth noting the USCIS office in Chicago where you'll be sending your AOS package is severely backlogged at the moment (I assume due to the rise in fees and people trying to get there packages in before that date, or people terrified of the Donald!)

We sent ours in over two weeks ago and the cheque still hasn't been cashed.
Snap (unfortunately) - sent paperwork in to Chicago two weeks ago and cheque not cashed - I did a trace on the package incase it had got lost but it reached them ok.

When did they cash yours in the end?
Old Feb 11th 2017, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Snap (unfortunately) - sent paperwork in to Chicago two weeks ago and cheque not cashed - I did a trace on the package incase it had got lost but it reached them ok.

When did they cash yours in the end?
Package delivered: 9th Jan
Cheque cashed: 23rd Jan
NOA1's in mail: 29th Jan
Biometrics appt: 16th Feb

Took a while!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.