Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

married or madien name on I-130

married or madien name on I-130

Old Feb 25th 2001, 5:53 pm
Melissa

In the information about you, would I put my married name in the blank or still use my
madien name? I would assume use my married name and then in the blank that asks Other
Names Used, I would put my madien name. Is that correct? I'm also currently studying
abroad in Denmark and living with my husband, so what address should I put for where he
intends to live in the U.S.A? I will be moving back to the U.S.A in June and finding an
appartment to live. So should I just have him list my moms address and then file out
another form and send it into the INS when we know the real address we will live at.

Regards,

Melissa

Old Feb 25th 2001, 9:03 pm
Onigiri

http://www.kamya.com/misc/ http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Congress/2806/ Go the
websites above and read all that is relevant to I-130

>
> In the information about you, would I put my married name in the blank or still use my
> madien name? I would assume use my married name and then in the blank that asks Other
> Names Used, I would put my madien name. Is that correct?
What would you like your legal name to be.....that is your name. all other names go in the
blank where you can put all other names: Melissa Doe, Melly, etc...

> I'm also currently studying abroad in Denmark and living with my husband, so what
> address should I put for where he intends to live in the U.S.A?
An address has various levels of approximations: The correct (sample) answers are :
Illinois or Normal, Illinois or 84,Oak Street, Normal, Illinois or 84 Oak Street Apt No
34, Normal, Illinois. You can use the address that is close to how much you know at the
time of filling the form. INS wants to know the future jurisdiction of the petitioner.

> I will be moving back to the U.S.A in June and finding an appartment to live. So should
> I just have him list my moms address and then file out another form and send it into the
> INS when we know the real address we will live at.
I understand that you are doing a DCF ( read the websites to understand this lingo) in
Denmark. No need for all this unless you really like to make yourself miserable with
continuous dealings with the INS.

Old Feb 26th 2001, 1:28 am
Nalu

On the I-130 I used my new married name, the way I want it to appear on all my
documents in the US. And where it asks for other names used, I put my maiden name and
my married name (the way it's custom in my home country, much longer than the one I am
using in the US)

| >
| > In the information about you, would I put my married name in the
blank
| > or still use my madien name? I would assume use my married name
and
| > then in the blank that asks Other Names Used, I would put my
madien
| > name. Is that correct?