Marriage on F1?

Old Apr 20th 2018, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage on F1?

Originally Posted by hwfd83
That's great news! Congratulations! Let's hope it get's scheduled fast for you.
Cheers, fingers crossed. Although processing time website states my local office is between 8.5 - 23.5 months for family based AOS, so I might be in for a very, very long wait!
Old Apr 20th 2018, 2:24 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd rather have the long wait knowing its to be scheduled than be waiting for a possible RFE!
Old Apr 20th 2018, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have the long wait knowing its to be scheduled than be waiting for a possible RFE!
Yes that is true. I'll keep you updated, whether that's soon or a year from now!
Old Apr 21st 2018, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

If you are at ready for interview it will probably happen within a month or two. The only time they will RFE is in person, like they did with me. My GC was contingent on a few letters to follow up after interview.
Old May 2nd 2018, 12:34 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Woke up this morning, no text and no e-mail but checked https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus site as a matter of ritual and i got the wonderful message that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! Whoop Whoop! Still got a wait i'm sure but so happy to see it at that point!
Old May 2nd 2018, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woke up this morning, no text and no e-mail but checked https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus site as a matter of ritual and i got the wonderful message that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! Whoop Whoop! Still got a wait i'm sure but so happy to see it at that point!
Awesome news!

I'm still waiting to hear anything, but based on St Louis processing times, Nov/Dec time is the earliest I'll probably hear anything for an interview. So I'm just patiently waiting on the EAD/AP.
Old May 17th 2018, 8:14 pm
KCMO

michaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely too lazy to scroll through the entire thread but I just did AOS from F1 with no issue at all. Up at the KC location and we literally applied in January and I got the card on May 9th. It may be quicker than you think!

Any questions just let me know!
Old May 18th 2018, 12:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaelr711
Definitely too lazy to scroll through the entire thread but I just did AOS from F1 with no issue at all. Up at the KC location and we literally applied in January and I got the card on May 9th. It may be quicker than you think!

Shame that you are too lazy to read the entire thread. Lots of good reading including the fact that the OP already knows that he can adjust status.

Which card did you get in 4-1/2 months?. Your employment authorization document perhaps.

Welcome to BE btw

Last edited by Rete; May 18th 2018 at 1:02 am.
Old May 18th 2018, 1:37 am
KCMO

michaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Shame that you are too lazy to read the entire thread. Lots of good reading including the fact that the OP already knows that he can adjust status.

Which card did you get in 4-1/2 months?. Your employment authorization document perhaps.

Welcome to BE btw
Really grateful for the super warm welcome, much appreciated.

No, not my EAD. My green card perhaps...

P.s the OP messaged me with some questions, so next time it’d be appreciated if you kept the sarcasm and smart remarks to yourself.

Again, thanks for the welcome..
Old May 18th 2018, 2:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

P.s the OP messaged me with some questions, so next time it’d be appreciated if you kept the sarcasm and smart remarks to yourself.

British Expats has a policy (see read me section at the start of this forum) to never ask and/or answer immigration questions privately.

We do hope that you will abide by them.

Last edited by Rete; May 18th 2018 at 2:05 am.
Old May 18th 2018, 2:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We ask that all immigration questions are kept to this forum and not asked or answered via PM or email. This is because the wrong information can be given out...this could have serious consequences. If wrong information is given out on the forums...it gives others a chance to correct it.

Do Not Send PM's or Emails Asking Private Immigration Questions
Old May 18th 2018, 3:04 am
KCMO

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We ask that all immigration questions are kept to this forum and not asked or answered via PM or email. This is because the wrong information can be given out...this could have serious consequences. If wrong information is given out on the forums...it gives others a chance to correct it.

Do Not Send PM's or Emails Asking Private Immigration Questions
The OP asked me about how my case was going. No official question about immigration. You guys are doing great at making this a welcoming place..
Old May 18th 2018, 3:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The OP asked me about how my case was going. No official question about immigration. You guys are doing great at making this a welcoming place..
You are not doing too badly yourself...so perhaps we had better start again.

Welcome to BE. Any problems give me a shout...I am a moderator...although due to a cock up during a recent site upgrade...our titles have vanished.
Old May 18th 2018, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I wasn't asking him any questions related to immigration, as I currently don't have anything to ask. I'm just in the waiting for interview stage and you guys answered everything anyway in this thread for me!

I just asked him where his local office was, and how his case went/was going!
Old May 18th 2018, 2:21 pm
Concierge

michaelr711 .. You mentioned that you have been in and out of the US for 9 years and came here on a F-1 visa to pursue your Master's and now are married to a USC and live in Kansas City (Missouri? Kansas?) and have flown through the adjustment of status inside of 4-1/2 months. In today's world of AOS this is almost unheard of. Your experiences would be a wonderful source of information for our current and future members who are embarking on the marriage-based visa journey. Would you be willing to start a new thread and document your experiences? Not many do the I-130 and I-485, etc. while inside of the US. We see AOS from F-1's more lately than ever before over the last 20 years and several from work based visas so your experience would be invaluable. Hoping you are will to share your experiences. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.