Marriage on F1?

Old Mar 16th 2018, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage on F1?

Got my NOA texts and emails this morning when I woke up! Guess the waiting game is now officially on.....
Old Mar 19th 2018, 7:18 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maste
Package officially posted today. Now the wait begins!
My timeline will be close to yours (you posted on my thread )

Package arrived on the 9th March so hoping i will get notifications this week!

I started my visa journey 10 years ago on the F1, had a brief period of OPT before H1b kicked in and now into the 5th year of H1b.

Got married a year ago but life got in the way of us filing before now.

Ready for it all to be over! Good luck to you!
Old Mar 20th 2018, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hwfd83
My timeline will be close to yours (you posted on my thread )

Package arrived on the 9th March so hoping i will get notifications this week!

I started my visa journey 10 years ago on the F1, had a brief period of OPT before H1b kicked in and now into the 5th year of H1b.

Got married a year ago but life got in the way of us filing before now.

Ready for it all to be over! Good luck to you!
I remember posting on yours! Very close timeline to mine.

I got my letters in the post today from USCIS, just basically paper copies of the texts/emails I received.

Fingers crossed you get notifications this week. Let me know!
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 2:16 am
Long Time Lurker..

Fingers crossed you get notifications this week. Let me know!
Saw the checks were cashed yesterday in the morning sometime and waited all day to get the official word from a text or email. Eventually went to bed at 10:30pm. Woke up this morning to see 4 e-mails and 4 texts sents at 10:45pm confirming receipt and approval being routed for processing!

A huge relief but now onto the waiting game!
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Saw the checks were cashed yesterday in the morning sometime and waited all day to get the official word from a text or email. Eventually went to bed at 10:30pm. Woke up this morning to see 4 e-mails and 4 texts sents at 10:45pm confirming receipt and approval being routed for processing!

A huge relief but now onto the waiting game!
Yeah, welcome to the fun waiting game! You'll get your NOA's in the post soon now you've had the texts I'm just waiting for my Biometrics appointment letter, then the real waiting game begins lol.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Got my biometrics appointment letter yesterday. Scheduled for 2nd April, which is forcing us to leave our Easter break to visit the wife's family in Chicago earlier than we had planned unfortunately!
Old Mar 24th 2018, 11:56 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Got my biometrics appointment letter yesterday. Scheduled for 2nd April, which is forcing us to leave our Easter break to visit the wife's family in Chicago earlier than we had planned unfortunately!
As a matter of general practice, it has been possible to do biometrics either in advance of the scheduled date or at a different ASC location. The central database will record compliance with the notice.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

I did my biometrics appointment in St Louis on Monday, there was nobody there. I was in and out within 10 minutes!

I also got an email on Saturday that an RFE has been mailed to me. I have an inkling it's for my wifes 2017 tax returns, as at the time of filing her most recent returns was 2016 tax return. But she has done her taxes now, so shouldn't take long to gather it all together and send it in, if that's what it is.

Fingers crossed it isn't an RFE for a translation of my English birth certificate, which I've seen happening lately.

I'm kind of upset we have an RFE so quick, but I should take it as good news, as it means someone is reviewing my case at least?
Old Apr 4th 2018, 12:20 pm
Long Time Lurker..

I haven't updated for me.. Got my biometrics next week and have paper copies of everything now as well.

I personally see it as a good thing as that means someone has looked at it! But that's just me, sorry you got a RFE, hope it is something simple!
Old Apr 4th 2018, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

I haven't updated for me.. Got my biometrics next week and have paper copies of everything now as well.

I personally see it as a good thing as that means someone has looked at it! But that's just me, sorry you got a RFE, hope it is something simple!
What's your local office? My office seemed quiet, and the guy I had do my biometrics was friendly and a nice guy.

Yeah, I'm trying to see it as a good thing as it means at least it's been looked at! Online says it's RFE, so fingers crossed it's not an RFIE as according to USCIS that resets the clock on your processing time.

My wife has signed up to informed delivery through USPS and she got an email this morning saying our letter from USCIS is coming today, so we will find out in due course what the RFE is!
Old Apr 4th 2018, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Turns out my RFE is an RFIE

It's saying I didn't submit sufficient evidence, and that I've submitted secondary evidence and/or a birth affidavit as proof of my birth record.

The copy of my birth certificate I sent in a certified copy of an entry, which came from the general register office (logo in bottom right corner). It has my parents full names on it, my date and place of birth, signature of registrar etc.

When I go to the website they reference to check what birth certificate I should submit it says this:

England and Wales (including Scilly Isles and Isle of Wight): Available. Certificates of births, adoptions, deaths and marriages may be obtained from the General Register Office, Smedley Hydro, Trafalgar Road, Southport, Merseyside PR8 2HH, or from the local registrar's office in the district in which the birth, death or marriage was originally registered. Long-form birth certificates should be requested, as short-form birth certificates do not contain the parents' names.
And that is what I submitted in the first place...

So what exactly do they want me to submit? I'm confused.

Last edited by Maste; Apr 4th 2018 at 6:07 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out my RFE is an RFIE

It's saying I didn't submit sufficient evidence, and that I've submitted secondary evidence and/or a birth affidavit as proof of my birth record.
It is an "and/or" run on sentence. You didn't send a birth affidavit as many do who are Indian but a certified copy of your full birth certificate. If you copied that sentence exactly then it is an RFIE for sufficient evidence or simply that your birth certificate went missing from your package which is not unusual. Or can it be for different evidence, i.e. evidence of your marriage, etc.

Resend the same birth certificate. Do you have more than one original of the certified copy?

Last edited by Rete; Apr 4th 2018 at 6:41 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

BTW I can't see anywhere on the USCIS website or on a google search that an RFIE resets the clock for adjustment of status. In fact an RFE and RFIE appear to mean the very same thing and the only thing it does it halts processing which restarts when the information is received. It doesn't reset the clock.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
It is an "and/or" run on sentence. You didn't send a birth affidavit as many do who are Indian but a certified copy of your full birth certificate. If you copied that sentence exactly then it is an RFIE for sufficient evidence or simply that your birth certificate went missing from your package which is not unusual. Or can it be for different evidence, i.e. evidence of your marriage, etc.

Resend the same birth certificate. Do you have more than one original of the certified copy?
Yeah, I figured as much. Could this potentially be the 'English to English' translation they want from my birth certificate as it is handwritten? It does mention about translations, but I feel like this letter is a generic letter sent out regarding birth certificates.

I only have this one copy!

Last edited by Maste; Apr 4th 2018 at 6:51 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 7:10 pm
Concierge

I would make a front/back copy being sure that all marks are clearly shown and send it back in. The letter is more likely than not a generic letter. If you can, send for another original certified copy. Also best to have at least two of such documents on hand when dealing with the USCIS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.