Marriage on an ESTA?

Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage on an ESTA?

It is 19 years today that we married but two weeks before the wedding at the town city hall when we applied for the marriage license, we did have to show our photo identification. For my husband it was his passport and for me, my driver's license. We weren't asked for proof of the termination of past marriages but we had brought the paperwork with us in case it was required. Fortunately, we did not need a blood test before getting the license and we waited around for it to be approved and walked out with it about an hour later. This was in NY State.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChantelandConnor
The finance visa will get you in the US faster, but the timeline to actually get your visa that allows you to work/study/etc here is about the same. I have a client whose husband came on a K1 in December and he is still unable to work. I don't know about you, but my husband would have gone stir crazy sitting around unable to
Is it safe to assume that your co-worker's husband did not apply for an employment authorization document at the time of filing for adjustment of status. It only takes 90 days or less for an EAD so that you are able to work so something is amiss with your co-worker's story.

BTW by color of law a person in the US awaiting adjustment of status has the ability to work, study, etc. while waiting adjudication of their adjustment of status.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

ChantelandConnor is an unknown quantity at this point

@Rete I have never researched the issue, because we went the spousal visa route. It is good know that she was wrong for the sake of anyone coming over on a fiancé visa! She obviously didn't know about the EAD. Thanks for the info!