Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old May 22nd 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

kstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to all
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Originally Posted by meauxna
OK London K-1ers.. time for you to kick down. We need some information for the knowledge base here and you are the only ones who can provide it.

Would you each please detail the process from petition approval onward to interview?
People are asking about the forms and checklists and which order they are sent back to the Embassy in order to get the interview set.

Details about DS-2000, DS-2001 and IV-15 would be VERY appreciated!!!

Help your fellow forum members by sharing your experiences, please.
thanks!
If you screw this up apparently London is really good about letting you know. I felt so stupid when yesterday my fiance called to tell me they returned his packet 3 with attached list highlighted as to what was missing. He didn't read anything on the packet correctly, he has difficulty reading and understanding any documents that are of legal matter, thats why I have been doing everything on this Visa. He did his medical first, then after about 2 months sent in the paperwork. He never sent in the forms that are suppose to be sent in right away. So now we have to put together the forms listed on the check list by the embassy:
DS-230 part 1, DS-156 (duplicates), DS-156K unsigned, DS-157 unsigned

He has done everything out of order and behind schedule. Our visa application approval expires in 38 days. Its very frustrating that he is so far away and I can't help him other then tell him what I have read in here.

I just can't believe the Embassy would take the time to not only return his information but tell him what needs to be included! I was impressed by this.

(he was under the impression that the DS-156, 156k needed to be brought to the interview, since they couldn't be signed before hand, which is why they were left out. We now realize that they want those forms unsigned)

Oh and one last thing, his packet 3 had only a cover letter and medical questionnaire. None of these forms were included in his packet. We had to search for them on line. I found all of them at the following address:

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/

If that helps anyone.

~Kate
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:39 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Just the waiting and the worrying mostly.

Keith had a little bit of medical issues, which thankfully were no problem. So just a bit of extra worrying, that's all.

I believe most London K-1s turn out fine, hopefully yours will go smoothly as well.
I hope so!
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:44 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kstoss9
If you screw this up apparently London is really good about letting you know. I felt so stupid when yesterday my fiance called to tell me they returned his packet 3 with attached list highlighted as to what was missing. He didn't read anything on the packet correctly, he has difficulty reading and understanding any documents that are of legal matter, thats why I have been doing everything on this Visa. He did his medical first, then after about 2 months sent in the paperwork. He never sent in the forms that are suppose to be sent in right away. So now we have to put together the forms listed on the check list by the embassy:

He has done everything out of order and behind schedule. Our visa application approval expires in 38 days. Its very frustrating that he is so far away and I can't help him other then tell him what I have read in here.

I just can't believe the Embassy would take the time to not only return his information but tell him what needs to be included! I was impressed by this.

(he was under the impression that the DS-156, 156k needed to be brought to the interview, since they couldn't be signed before hand, which is why they were left out. We now realize that they want those forms unsigned)

Oh and one last thing, his packet 3 had only a cover letter and medical questionnaire. None of these forms were included in his packet. We had to search for them on line. I found all of them at the following address:

If that helps anyone.

~Kate
I know it's really frustrating! My fiancee got the bus times wrong for his bus from Scotland to London for the medical. He missed the bus by two hours and had to rescheduel! Luckily they gave him another appointmant two days later! His interview is on June 4th. Our engagement party Scotland coincidentally is June7th and I arrive on June 3rd so I will be going down toLondon with him to make sure the paperwork is organised and he gets there on tim!
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:49 pm

Thanks everyone. The waiting is killing me! Patience is definately not one of my virtues!
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:08 pm

If that helps anyone.

~Kate
That's great that London contacted you though. I am doing everything too!
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point

If that helps anyone.

~Kate

I received packet 3 without any documents in it as well. I downloaded all the documents from the website, and sent them back to the US Embassy in London, and waited for four weeks without any response from them. When I called them, they said because I hadn’t sent IV-15, they couldn’t give me an interview date. I sent it on 1st of May, but I have not yet had any response from them. I am very worrying and frustrated about this…..
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:40 am
Just Joined

himmelstoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ikehasu
I received packet 3 without any documents in it as well. I downloaded all the documents from the website, and sent them back to the US Embassy in London, and waited for four weeks without any response from them. When I called them, they said because I hadn’t sent IV-15, they couldn’t give me an interview date. I sent it on 1st of May, but I have not yet had any response from them. I am very worrying and frustrated about this…..
Ohhh boy we didn't do anything with a IV-15...I guess I will have to add that to his list, although they didn't mention it missing. Do you know where we can get that document?

You know what really gets me is that on all of these forms, they keep asking basically the same information over and over.

I am counting down the days till at least this part of it is over. I just want him over in the US!!!

~Kate
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:22 am

My fiancee didn't recieve the documents either. Just the sight to download them from. We sent the document checklist in about two weeks after he sent the forms in. We sent it registered and every time we checked the Royal Mail sight it sid it was sitting in the PO box but we got an appointment.
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by himmelstoss
Ohhh boy we didn't do anything with a IV-15...I guess I will have to add that to his list, although they didn't mention it missing. Do you know where we can get that document?

You know what really gets me is that on all of these forms, they keep asking basically the same information over and over.

I am counting down the days till at least this part of it is over. I just want him over in the US!!!

~Kate
IV -15 is the document checklist that they sent with the packet. They just want to make sure you have all the documents for the interview
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by himmelstoss

~Kate
You can get a IV-15 from here.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...visaforms.html
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

I really can’t understand how the US Embassy in London works inefficient way. How can they forget to include the very important documents for applicants in the packet 3? Also, what is the point to call the call centre if they don’t have right information about our cases?. I called them up several times, but every time when I called them, they said different forms I had to send. I have been waiting for my K-1 interview for almost 2 months already. Ah……., how long do I have to wait for more????
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:37 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

I really can’t understand how the US Embassy in London works inefficient way. How can they forget to include the very important documents for applicants in the packet 3? Also, what is the point to call the call centre if they don’t have right information about our cases?. I called them up several times, but every time when I called them, they said different forms I had to send. I have been waiting for my K-1 interview for almost 2 months already. Ah……., how long do I have to wait for more????
It's not the response you want, but nothing in immigration is quick, and unless you're talking to a trained professional, there is always the risk of getting incorrect information (even USCIS workers give out incorrect information).
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:57 pm

When you call up to speak to someone you are reaching a call center in Scotland and not the embassy itself. I had called a few times and always got different answers or no one was able to help me.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, think about it please.. the checklist and the list of required documents are all on the London Consular site. Does it make sense for them to mail out pieces of paper when you can download them? It does sound like they need to update the letter they do mail out, but the visa application documents should not be a surprise to you by this point.

The best source for downloading the most up to date forms is always going to be travel.state.gov and uscis.gov
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Guys, think about it please.. the checklist and the list of required documents are all on the London Consular site. Does it make sense for them to mail out pieces of paper when you can download them? It does sound like they need to update the letter they do mail out, but the visa application documents should not be a surprise to you by this point.

The best source for downloading the most up to date forms is always going to be travel.state.gov and uscis.gov
My fiancee said it gives the website in the letter to download the documents . There is nothing mentioned about the documents being included in the packet. Apparently when you download them it has a barcode on the bottem as well. We started to compile the documents before we recieved a checklist as well. Especially since it can take a while to get birth certificates and police reports. I mailed him my affidavit and eveidence of support by Fed Ex. He returned the forms first and mailed the checklist after he recievd all my info. We figured they can get the ball rolling if they had the forms. We got our appointment letter in about three weeks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.