Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old May 2nd 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Originally Posted by TKO
Sorry - not sure what "Package 4" is.
Your interview appointment. I'm not sure how they got the names packet 3 and packet 4, but it's terminology i picked up from using this board.
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:56 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Originally Posted by lofty79
Your interview appointment. I'm not sure how they got the names packet 3 and packet 4, but it's something i've picked up from this board.
That's a relief - was wondering what the hell i'd forgotten!

To clarify - Received Packet 4, stating my interview date, about 3 weeks after I returned Packet 3.

Bit off topic, but my K-1 "immigration adventure" has run really smoothly. Accepted a written offer on my flat today just 1 week after putting it on the market for slightly over the valuation. The guy is buying it as a buy-to-let with no mortgage and is flexible with an entry date. Works out perfectly for me, had to accept it. Was already investigating renting agencies for if i couldn't sell my flat in time and wondering how the hell i would finance my initial couple of months over there.

With an interview date of 27th May, i'm fairly confident about setting our wedding date for the 19th of July now.

So ... very off-topic, but i'm having a good day today! Getting my rewards for months of waiting and the effort I put in reading and preparing for each stage.

I'll stop now...
Old May 2nd 2008, 8:30 pm
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope my own K1 'adventure', shall we call it (lol), runs as smoothly as yours has Although we are at the beginning and everyone asks us when the wedding will be. We just reply 'erm.. no idea, when the paperwork is arranged' I think family are afraid we'll go off on holiday, come back married and live happily ever after, if only!
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:32 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well, there certainly seems to be a lot of questions, so any light you can shed on the details are sure appreciated!
What happens if they give you an interview date that is after the petition expired? We got approved on March18 and the petitionI797 expires July 18th. Packet three was sent out the other week. My fiancee wanted to make sure he had all the paperwork for the checklist. He got his medical a few days ago. Does the interview have to be in that time or does it just have to be scheduled by then? This is for London and I am in the USA
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:46 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
What happens if they give you an interview date that is after the petition expired? We got approved on March18 and the petitionI797 expires July 18th. Packet three was sent out the other week. My fiancee wanted to make sure he had all the paperwork for the checklist. He got his medical a few days ago. Does the interview have to be in that time or does it just have to be scheduled by then? This is for London and I am in the USA
The embassy has the power to extend an expired petition.
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:53 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
The embassy has the power to extend an expired petition.
Thanks I hope we will be ok. I am going to have my fiancee email them. We still hve 2 1/2 months until it expires so hopefully the interview will be before then.
Old May 3rd 2008, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I hope we will be ok. I am going to have my fiancee email them. We still hve 2 1/2 months until it expires so hopefully the interview will be before then.
We had our petition extended, for various personal reasons. It wasn't a problem at all.
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
We had our petition extended, for various personal reasons. It wasn't a problem at all.
In our case as well, petition approval was expired but the embassy never even mentioned it at the K-1 interview. Wasn't London, but still it was OK to have the interview after the NOA2 expired.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Tracym
Thanks Tracy
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In our case as well, petition approval was expired but the embassy never even mentioned it at the K-1 interview. Wasn't London, but still it was OK to have the interview after the NOA2 expired.

Rene
Thanks Rene
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:04 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

The rules can be found within paragraph 5 of http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVA...fc0432a7cb98e9
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Knight
The rules can be found within paragraph 5 of http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVA...fc0432a7cb98e9
Thank you. Hopefully his interview will be before then. If not do we contact the embassy in London or do we contact Vermont where it was issued?
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:19 am
Twice half his height

Thank you. Hopefully his interview will be before then. If not do we contact the embassy in London or do we contact Vermont where it was issued?
I don't think you'll need to do anything. An application is only automatically terminated if the petitioner or beneficiary die. If your petition has expired by the time it comes to your interview, the consular office who interviews you will just stamp the petition as being extended based on your appearence at the interview.

That being said, if it would make you sleep better at night, then it would be the US Embassy in London that you need to contact, not a USCIS Service Center of the NVC. Call the US Embassy's immigration helpline and they will direct you further. Contact information can be found here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/US Embassy, London

Last edited by Knight; May 3rd 2008 at 3:21 am.
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to contact anyone. The ConOff will automatically extend it when you go for your interview in London. However, if you wish, you can prepare a letter of request for extension to hand over at the interview, if needed. I prepared such a letter, just in case, but it wasn't asked for at the interview.

If it is getting close to the time the NOA2 will expire and you don't have your interview scheduled yet, you can send an email to London just stating that you have not abandoned your case, and you are waiting for notification of interview.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:32 am
Twice half his height

Originally Posted by lofty79
I'm not sure how they got the names packet 3 and packet 4, but it's terminology i picked up from using this board.
Packet 1 - NOA1 for I-129F petition
Packet 2 - NOA2 for I-129F petition
Packet 3 - Application forms for K1 Visa
Packet 4 - Interview notice for K1 visa application

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.