Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old May 2nd 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

I have got response from the US Embassy today. It said that I only need to send IV-15 back, not DS-2001 as it is for immigrant visa applicants. This menas that K-1ers have to send back the DS-230, DS-156, DS-156k, DS-157 and IV-15.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ikehasu
I have got response from the US Embassy today. <snip>

This menas that K-1ers have to send back the DS-230, DS-156, DS-156k, DS-157 and IV-15.
Excellent. Now, these are sent back as soon as received, to the Embassy, to get yourself an interview appointment set, correct?
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point

That's right!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gstring
How will it depend on age and sex?

As I believe, you take all the items with you to the interview from the check list - IV-15. Well, that's what it tells you to do! Did you read something different?
One of the forms, DS-157 i think, only needs to be completed by males of a certain age, or people from certain countries. At least that's how i remember it from last year, things may have changed now though.

Sorry, i should have been clearer - you return both checklists when you have all of the required documentation. You take the documentation/evidence to your interview.

The instructions were quite clear from what i remember.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lofty79

The instructions were quite clear from what i remember.
Well, there certainly seems to be a lot of questions, so any light you can shed on the details are sure appreciated!
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lofty79
One of the forms, DS-157 i think, only needs to be completed by males of a certain age, or people from certain countries. At least that's how i remember it from last year, things may have changed now though.
Thats right Lofty, thank you.

Effective immediately, all male nonimmigrant visa applicants between the ages of 16 and 45, must complete and submit the DS-157 form in addition to the Nonimmigrant Visa Application form DS-156.

The DS-157 is used in conjunction with the DS-156 to determine visa classification and eligibility.

So as a female I have these to fill in:

-DS-230 Part 1
-DS-156
-DS-156K

One less form for me to fill in!

Last edited by gstring; May 2nd 2008 at 5:16 pm.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

alc72uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

This is a great thread! Good idea Meauxna

I've got some way to go before I get to this stage but I have been preparing the forms for the big day!

This is probably a daft question, but can anyone tell me whether you have to fill out Part ll of the DS-230 too?

Do you send it back with the DS-230 Part l and the rest of the forms?

Thanks
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:26 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Am going through the K1 process myself, interview scheduled for 27th May.

The forms and process have been correctly listed above. I also found the instructions sent in the pack spot on as well. They tell you what to sign, and more importantly, what not too at that time.

If anyone is awaiting package 3 - I urge them not to worry at this time - the instructions are clear.

Do set aside half a day to complete all the forms and ensure you are at a computer connected to the internet and with a working printer when you do - there are issues with saving the completed forms.

One point of contention is the photographs one of the forms asks you to attach. The instructions also tell you to bring photographs to the interview. I have read on here that not attaching the photos and taking them with you is sufficient, so I went with this option. My interview was scheduled with out any problem.

Time, patience and an eye for detail - that's all it takes.

One thing for us guys out there who never know this sort of info - find out where your parents were born! You'll need that information.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:29 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Originally Posted by alc72uk
Hi folks,

This is a great thread! Good idea Meauxna

I've got some way to go before I get to this stage but I have been preparing the forms for the big day!

This is probably a daft question, but can anyone tell me whether you have to fill out Part ll of the DS-230 too?

Do you send it back with the DS-230 Part l and the rest of the forms?

Thanks
Don't fill out part II - fill out only Part I as instructed.

I did not return a blank Part II and my interview was scheduled.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

alc72uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks TKO!

I'll stop worrying and wait until package 3 arrives...
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TKO
Am going through the K1 process myself, interview scheduled for 27th May.

The forms and process have been correctly listed above. I also found the instructions sent in the pack spot on as well. They tell you what to sign, and more importantly, what not too at that time.

If anyone is awaiting package 3 - I urge them not to worry at this time - the instructions are clear.

Do set aside half a day to complete all the forms and ensure you are at a computer connected to the internet and with a working printer when you do - there are issues with saving the completed forms.

One point of contention is the photographs one of the forms asks you to attach. The instructions also tell you to bring photographs to the interview. I have read on here that not attaching the photos and taking them with you is sufficient, so I went with this option. My interview was scheduled with out any problem.

Time, patience and an eye for detail - that's all it takes.

One thing for us guys out there who never know this sort of info - find out where your parents were born! You'll need that information.
Great news TKO.

I'm not at all worried, maybe a little confused at the start, like I'm sure many people are.

I'm a long way off from packet 3. However, I have downloaded the forms so I can become accustomed with them and find all the information needed to complete them. I have the form ready to send off for the police certificate. Booked an appointment with my GP to get my vaccines up to date. And... sent off to get my Military records.

I'm trying to to be anal, just ready.

I completed my G-325A on-line and there was a problem saving it too. I just had to print it out - did that twice too!

Good information about the photographs too. I read that too. It's important to hear what's expectable.

You have me thinking about my birth father. I have no contact with him and haven't for many many years. I put unknown in the petition.
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

fogga4000 will become famous soon enough

TKO how long did it take between sending your package three back (i've just sent mine today) and receiving an interview? Do you receive a package 4 first?
Thanks
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TKO

Great post!

It's always a good idea to take a look at the forms ahead of time but i wouldn't get too anxious about them until you have packet 3 in your hands.
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fogga4000
TKO how long did it take between sending your package three back (i've just sent mine today) and receiving an interview? Do you receive a package 4 first?
Thanks
About a month until i received packet 4, for an interview a further month down the line - so 2 months in total. This was over Christmas though, so there's no telling if that's typical or not.

Oh, and good luck to everyone still waiting
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:41 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

Originally Posted by fogga4000
Thanks
It took about three weeks from sending Package 3 back to receiving my interview date. The interview date is five and a half weeks from the date I received the letter giving me the date.

Sorry - not sure what "Package 4" is.

Last edited by TKO; May 2nd 2008 at 7:45 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.