Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

We should try to keep this thread on topic, it's a valuable tool.

Pepsichic - As a suggestion....post your questions here* with your other questions and all the answers Noorah has already given you.

*http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562429
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
your reply was neither helpful nor friendly.
In fact, it was very helpful... but it seems you would rather be spoon fed. Your choice.

Ian
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Our case finally reached the NVC and will be sent to London this week.

OK. I don't wish to race ahead to fast, but has anyone ever heard of sending your checklist into the Embassy before they send you packet 3?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gstring
Our case finally reached the NVC and will be sent to London this week.

OK. I don't wish to race ahead to fast, but has anyone ever heard of sending your checklist into the Embassy before they send you packet 3?
I personally would not confuse them. I'd send it all together - or it may never find it's way to being together again.

Just my personal opinion, of course.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... has anyone ever heard of sending your checklist into the Embassy before they send you packet 3?
I've heard of it... yes. Unfortunately, it didn't work out well because nobody knew where the actual case file was. All they had was a checklist and no file to match it to. Tracy is right... wait until you receive the packet.

Ian
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy and Ian,

I was thinking the same. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Oh well...I'm ready for it when it does eventually come.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, happy Sunday!

Does anyone have any new stories to share here?

I have sent packet 3 and patiently waiting for an interview date. It's been 4 days now!!!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Someone has an interview at the Embassy tomorrow!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Someone has an interview at the Embassy tomorrow!
O rlly? The Embassy is closed tomorrow.

not.
Have a great interview!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
O rlly? The Embassy is closed tomorrow.

not.
Have a great interview!
HAHAHA!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

I just noticed that this thread is dated for 07/08, but I'm going to post here anyway.

My interview experience is pretty much the same as all the rest so I will try to just write about my individual experience.

My appointment was scheduled for 12th Feb. My Fiancé and I had wished we could marry Valentines Day and this was cutting it fine, if we were to do so. So I e-mailed the Embassy to ask if I could be moved up the list if a cancellation came up. You have to call the premium rate number ( in Scotland) to get a weekly code with then goes in the subject line of the message. To my amazement they emailed my back within half an hour asking if I could make it to the Embassy the following day at 9am and to let them know ASAP so they could put me on the list. Go for it, the voice in my head told me. There was plenty of punching the air and jumping around for a few minutes before I calmed down and mailed them back. It was 4pm by this time. I have an advantage that I can get anytime off work and I would go and stay with my friend who lives only 20 mins on the tube away from Bond Street – which is the nearest tube station to Grosvenor Square.

I arrived at the Embassy at 8.15am. As I approached the building a felt a lump in my throat and thought I might well up! This day has been a long time coming and I'm glad the Embassy was open ( Meauxna). Having expected to see masses of people I was surprised to see only a handful of people standing in line, I’m guessing 12 or so. I approached one of the guards and showed them my appointment letter and passport. My appointment was at 9am, however, I was in the building and sat on a chair at 8.20.

It’s exactly how others have described before, like Argos or the post office – “cashier number 5 please!” I didn’t take a book. How could anyone sit and concentrate! They are calling numbers constantly and as the morning goes on, in no particular order either, so you have to be sharp.

I was called within half an hour of being there. Went to the window, handed over documents:

2 Photographs
Passport
Police Report + photocopy
Birth Certificate + photocopy
Divorce Decree + photocopy
Military Record + photocopy
Evidence of Support – Form I-134. 3 years tax returns and W2’s.

The lady asked me when I would be travelling to the USA? Ticked a checklist as she went though and I signed some of the documents I had sent in with Packet 3. She told me to go to pay the cashier for my visa and come right back. Gave her the receipt. And was told to go and sit back down and wait to be called again. I waited for what seems like 5 mins, but was actually an hour. Called again, “window 16 please” A pleasant gentleman (CO) greeted me, told me to put my left hand on the fingerprint reader and hold my right hand in the air. I swore that everything I had told them to be true. He asked me a few questions about my Fiancé and where, how, when we met. What work I will do in the USA. What was the longest time I’d spent in the USA? Also, he asked about the spot of bother I’d had at O’Hare earlier last year. I was denied entry, told him the facts and everything seemed adequate. Then he moved on to the I-134. I need to get a joint sponsor. He gave me a blue form with he has ticked the following boxes:

Your sponsor has not met the minimum income level required by section 213A of the Immigration and Nationality act. You will therefore need a joint sponsor.

- An Affidavit of Support (I-134)
- A copy of their 2007 Individual Income Tax Return AND W2 form
- A copy of their U.S passport biographical data page, U.S. birth Certificate, U.s. Naturalization certificate or both side of his/her “green card” (form I-1551)
- Passport – mine.

To add, the blue form has the contact information for the courier service so I can arrange collection and delivery.

I wish I’d know this before today. I have to send the required documents(I-134), along with my passport to the Embassy ASAP and they will then issue the visa. I asked him, just to clarify things – so I need to send in all these documents along with my passport?? He said “yes, we’ll need to put your visa in it! Turn around is 5 days or so” This was reassuring at this stage.

I am posting “what happened next” here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587481

Other than that, no sweat. I was out before 11am and home by noon.

The journey continues....
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That is one super duper interview experience post! Thanks for all the detail; at some point, it might be worth detailing a bit more about the finances to explain why your own USC's I-134 was inadequate (you don't have to go into that if you don't want, but you seemed so prepared).