Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

OK London K-1ers.. time for you to kick down. We need some information for the knowledge base here and you are the only ones who can provide it.

Would you each please detail the process from petition approval onward to interview?
People are asking about the forms and checklists and which order they are sent back to the Embassy in order to get the interview set.

Details about DS-2000, DS-2001 and IV-15 would be VERY appreciated!!!

Help your fellow forum members by sharing your experiences, please.
thanks!
Old May 1st 2008, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Those seem to be different forms than we used. We filed:

DS-230
DS-157
DS-156
DS-156k
I-134

I believe. Not sure what DS-2000, 2001, and Iv-15 are honestly - unless it's something we didn't have to sign or fill in, and our lawyer just did it.

Once we had the appointment letter, we could schedule the medical - had to be Knightsbridge Doctors in London, appointment was easy and quick to arrange.

When seeing the docs, bringing along any documentation from own GP or other docs regarding any existing medical conditions seems good. Vaccination records as well.

Interview was nothing - a few quick questions, easy as could be.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to be a great thread for myself and many others. Thanks Meauxna.

Now us K1 folk won't keep asking "what now"
Old May 1st 2008, 5:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym

I believe. Not sure what DS-2000, 2001, and Iv-15 are honestly - unless it's something we didn't have to sign or fill in, and our lawyer just did it.
They are the checklists and items required to be returned to the Embassy to get the interview set.
The signature question is on that needs answering.

It would be great if someone spelled out the steps since a lot of folk are asking lately.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
They are the checklists and items required to be returned to the Embassy to get the interview set.
The signature question is on that needs answering.

It would be great if someone spelled out the steps since a lot of folk are asking lately.
Sorry, I wish I could help more. Apparently some of this went on behind the scenes for us.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

OK London K-1ers.. time for you to kick down. We need some information for the knowledge base here and you are the only ones who can provide it.

Would you each please detail the process from petition approval onward to interview?
People are asking about the forms and checklists and which order they are sent back to the Embassy in order to get the interview set.

Details about DS-2000, DS-2001 and IV-15 would be VERY appreciated!!!

Help your fellow forum members by sharing your experiences, please.
thanks!
1. Petition approved and sent to London via NVC.

2. A month or so later receive packet 3 from embassy.

3. Immediately complete and return DS-230, DS-157, DS-156 and DS-156k as appropriate (will depend on age and sex, but the instructions are really clear)

4. When you have all of the items required on the checklist return it to the embassy.

5. Await interview appointment date.

In my packet 3, the embassy had included two checklists - one specifically for K-1 applicants and one for IV applicants. I'm afraid i can't remember the names of these forms unfortunately. To be on the safe side i completed and returned both of these checklists (the items required were the same for both checklists) in the same envelope, to the visa branch of the embassy.

I think that's about the sum of it.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point

Were they the form DS-2001 and Iv-15V?
I was asked to send them back to the US Embassy, but I was confused about IV-15V as it seemed to be for people who apply for V visas.
Anyway, I have sent DS-2000, DS-2001, IV-15, and IV-15V.
Old May 1st 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ikehasu
Were they the form DS-2001 and Iv-15V?
I was asked to send them back to the US Embassy, but I was confused about IV-15V as it seemed to be for people who apply for V visas.
Anyway, I have sent DS-2000, DS-2001, IV-15, and IV-15V.
I think they were DS-2000 and DS-2001, that seems to ring a bell. I've never heard of IV-15, perhaps you were sent it by mistake.

Sorry i can't be more help.
Old May 1st 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much!
You helped me a lot.
Old May 1st 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ikehasu
Thank you very much!
You helped me a lot.
It sounds like you've done the sensible thing.

I do recall that the Immigrant Visa checklist looked particularly amateurish - as though someone had quickly knocked it together using a 1950's typewriter.

Good luck.
Old May 1st 2008, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

I found this useful too.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...iv/ds2001.html
Old May 1st 2008, 11:59 pm

gstring, is that the same page for Fiance K-1s, or only for Immigrant Visa (CR-1/IR-1 etc)??

Note for those who might not know: K-1s are non-immigrant visas that are prepared almost just like immigrant visas and are processed by the immigrant visa unit.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

gstring, is that the same page for Fiance K-1s, or only for Immigrant Visa (CR-1/IR-1 etc)??

Note for those who might not know: K-1s are non-immigrant visas that are prepared almost just like immigrant visas and are processed by the immigrant visa unit.

Oooo! I'm not sure???

This is the link that took me there.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...visaforms.html

Maybe we could find one that works. I'd hate to confuse anyone.

I'm new and just trying to find my feet in all this.

Old May 2nd 2008, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gstring
Oooo! I'm not sure???

This is the link that took me there.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...visaforms.html

Maybe we could find one that works. I'd hate to confuse anyone.

I'm new and just trying to find my feet in all this.

OK, so looking at the link you provided, IV-15 is the K visa checklist and DS-2001 is the immigrant visa (IV) checklist - seems bizarre labelling to me but there you go.

As i mentioned above, i received both of these with packet 3, so i returned both.

DS-2000 is the instructions for how to meet the financial requirements to prove that you won't become a public charge i.e complete an I-134 etc.... This does not have to be returned to the embassy as it is merely a set of instructions. I-134 and supporting evidence needs to be taken along to your interview.

To sum up..........

1. Petition approved and sent to London via NVC.

2. A month or so later receive packet 3 from embassy.

3. Immediately complete and return DS-230, DS-157, DS-156 and DS-156k as appropriate (will depend on age and sex, but the instructions are really clear)

4. When you have all of the items required on IV-15 and DS-2001 return them to the embassy.

5. Await interview appointment date.
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lofty79

4. When you have all of the items required on IV-15 and DS-2001 return them to the embassy.
How will it depend on age and sex?

As I believe, you take all the items with you to the interview from the check list - IV-15. Well, that's what it tells you to do! Did you read something different?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.