Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Interview experience today.

London Interview experience today.

Old Oct 24th 2017, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Interview experience today.

[QUOTE=viitav;12367385]Oh and you get your X Ray back at the interview - not in the envelope. I wouldn't panic as you do not need to hand this in on POE. It isn't required again.[/QUOTE

I had my interview and medical results were not yet at the embassy so I don’t have my x-ray. I expect it will also be in the envelope.

Thanks for responding :-)
Old Oct 24th 2017, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh then yes they will pop that in there for you then
Old Oct 24th 2017, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=AndyMan74;12367361]Your case and my Wife’s are similar. My wife attended her Interview yesterday morning and knocked it

My wife’s CEAC status is administrative processing as well which just means when they get the medical they will send our documents out with any luck.

You were probably right that I just missed out on my medical being at the embassy for my interview on Friday. Sounds like mine would’ve been in the same bundle that was posted on Friday.

I just need to not check CEAC every 5 minutes like a crazy person!
Old Oct 24th 2017, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

LandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the same boat earlier this month. Due to laziness at the Knightsbridge Doctors I got to the embassy interview before my medical records, and was therefore 221(g)d. Two days later it switched from Administrative Processing to Issued.

As others have said, the package from DX couriers is now a white plastic envelope containing a white paper envelope visa packet. Plastic outer envelope contains your passport with visa, X-ray CD in a separate envelope (with date of medical exam written on it), a leaflet with your A-number and instructions to pay the USCIS immigrant fee, and of course the white visa packet envelope. The courier package should be opened carefully to avoid damaging the big white paper envelope inside.

My white envelope was already kinda fraying (thought not torn or opened) even when I collected it from the courier office, and so I will be nervously carrying it with me all the way from LHR to my POE like a precious, breakable Fabergé egg. Probably worth putting it back in the plastic protective envelope too, as I am doing.

Last edited by LandOfLincoln; Oct 24th 2017 at 9:50 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LandOfLincoln
I was in the same boat earlier this month. Due to laziness at the Knightsbridge Doctors I got to the embassy interview before my medical records, and was therefore 221(g)d. Two days later it switched from Administrative Processing to Issued.

As others have said, the package from DX couriers is now a white plastic envelope containing a white paper envelope visa packet. Plastic outer envelope contains your passport with visa, X-ray CD in a separate envelope (with date of medical exam written on it), a leaflet with your A-number and instructions to pay the USCIS immigrant fee, and of course the white visa packet envelope. The courier package should be opened carefully to avoid damaging the big white paper envelope inside.

My white envelope was already kinda fraying (thought not torn or opened) even when I collected it from the courier office, and so I will be nervously carrying it with me all the way from LHR to my POE like a precious, breakable Fabergé egg. Probably worth putting it back in the plastic protective envelope too, as I am doing.

Thanks for clarifying with regards to my x-ray. I will be treating the envelope much the same! I am anticipating that my status will change to ‘issued’ soon.

Today, on one of the occasions I logged in to CEAC - it read as issued and we had a little celebratory moment of excitement. But then I noticed that the dates of the updates did not correspond to my case. I looked at the case number again and I had typed one of the digits wrong. It wasn’t my case! It was funny and yet not funny at the same time.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

My status has changed to issued today. Definitely my case number.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leema5
My wife's just got issued. Well done to us both.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyMan74
My wife's just got issued. Well done to us both.

Fab!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news, Andyman74! Finally! And well done, leema5! Congratulations!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

Fab!
Just to make sure, your not going to be on the same flight as us.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KK85
Thanks KK85, now the real hard work begins.

Be sure to let us know how you get on with your interview and medical....i'm sure your will ace it.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks KK85, now the real hard work begins.

Be sure to let us know how you get on with your interview and medical....i'm sure your will ace it.
I certainly shall. Thank you!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Just to make sure, your not going to be on the same flight as us.

I expect not! We both have teaching jobs in the UK and will probably finish the school year to save some more towards a deposit for a house.

Now we need to decide whether or not to go at Christmas and activate it or wait until April school holidays (this would be within the 6 months but cutting it close). If we wait until April we will have been married for 2 years.

Planning starts now!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KK85

Looking forward to hearing you finally have yours too!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 1:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Leema. It won't be long now before you are winging your way across the ocean come April. And do wait for after your second wedding anniversary. Save some money on not having to file the I-751 and having one less interaction with USCIS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.