London Interview Day

Old Jun 14th 2017, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

avneric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Interview Day

Today we`ve got an interview date confirmation at London Embassy for the 18th of July. That was really fast - a little more than a month after getting a CC from the NVC.

I have also called today and booked my medical examination which was done very fast too.

I don`t know why but I am getting increasingly nervous as the interview date approaches. I am now getting prepared all my documents that we submitted and trying to stay calm.

Do you think that bringing loads of pictures with us along with Skype logs would make a difference at the interview? We only submitted about 10-12 pictures when filing the I-130. We also have a joint US bank account however with not too many transactions - should I bring it over? I couldn`t see any requirement for all of these. We have seen each other twice in the last 10 months (once in the UK and once while holidaying in the Carribean) and I am wondering if this should be enough from the Embassy point of view.

I have never been married before however, I do have a child from a previous relationship who does not emigrate with me. I have listed my child on the DS - 260 at the time. My child has been living with her mother in another country for some time now and we also have a Court document confirming the custody arrangements including child support that I pay for her. Do you think would be wise to bring it to the interview?

Very Best Wishes,
Avi

Last edited by avneric; Jun 14th 2017 at 11:32 am.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 12:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Interview Day

If you have already submitted a dozen pictures you don't need any more. There is no harm in taking the documents about your child, but I doubt they will be asked for or of any use during the interview.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 14th 2017 at 12:30 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 12:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avneric
I don`t know why but I am getting increasingly nervous as the interview date approaches.
This is normal.

Do you think that bringing loads of pictures with us along with Skype logs would make a difference at the interview?
No.

We only submitted about 10-12 pictures when filing the I-130.
That was more than enough.

We also have a joint US bank account however with not too many transactions - should I bring it over? I couldn`t see any requirement for all of these. We have seen each other twice in the last 10 months (once in the UK and once while holidaying in the Carribean) and I am wondering if this should be enough from the Embassy point of view.
Neither of these is required, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, bring them.

I have never been married before however, I do have a child from a previous relationship who does not emigrate with me. I have listed my child on the DS - 260 at the time. My child has been living with her mother in another country for some time now and we also have a Court document confirming the custody arrangements including child support that I pay for her. Do you think would be wise to bring it to the interview?
Probably not needed, but again, go ahead and bring it, just in case. Your mindset will feel better knowing you've got proof of something just in case they ask for it.

Rene
Old Jun 14th 2017, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

It is a common experience to feel nervous as the date approaches.

Remember also that it really isn't an interview. The common experience is that it is a very informal chat and a reaction of "is that all it is".

Be prepared, of course. Take additional documents if that helps you to feel comfortable.

Good luck!
Old Jun 14th 2017, 4:37 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about it too much, if you have got to the point of standing in front of a ConOff then you have already passed 99% of the 'checks' and are just getting the I and crossing the T.

I was nervous - in fact I got one of the questions she asked about my ex-wife wrong. I told her she was the middle child when in fact she was the oldest. We had a laugh about it after I corrected myself.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:19 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto. I was nervous to the point of being physically sick as my interview approached. We had already been denied a U.K. visa for my husband so I had a feeling of "last chance saloon" when I went to my interview.

It was a non-event. The only documents I had the chance to show to the CO were my husband's J&S because he wanted to be certain that I knew all the details for my own safety.
Old Jun 15th 2017, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on getting a quick turn around for your interview! Good luck with the last couple of hurdles
Old Jun 15th 2017, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

I have now booked my medical examination for next Friday and hope for a clean outcome. I will come back with an update concerning the Knightsbridge experience shortly.

Avi
Old Jun 15th 2017, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Just wondering if somebody could shed some light into this requirement on the US Embassy website:

"Birth Certificate: Obtain the original, or certified copy (provided by the issuing authority), of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they are not immigrating with you. If the children are deceased, so state giving year of death). Note: We will not accept the short form version of a UK birth certificate. The certificate must list both parents’ names;"

Am I required to provide my American spouse original birth certificate ( we sent a copy already)? Also, my child birth certificate even if she doesn`t emigrate with me?

It looks very confusing.

Avi
Old Jun 15th 2017, 6:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yours, yes.
Your child who is not immigrating, yes.
Your USC spouse, yes (because a photocopy was sent and now they want to see the original)

They might not ask to see any of these, but better safe than sorry.

Rene
Old Jun 15th 2017, 7:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avneric
Just wondering if somebody could shed some light into this requirement on the US Embassy website:

"Birth Certificate: Obtain the original, or certified copy (provided by the issuing authority), of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they are not immigrating with you. If the children are deceased, so state giving year of death). Note: We will not accept the short form version of a UK birth certificate. The certificate must list both parents’ names;"

Am I required to provide my American spouse original birth certificate ( we sent a copy already)? Also, my child birth certificate even if she doesn`t emigrate with me? .....
And further to what Noorah said, if you don't have them, the worst case scenario is that your application is put on hold until you have provided the original birth certificates.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys,

I have now successfully completed my medical examination. For those struggling with obtaining a patient summary from GP please don`t worry. In my case, I just requested a letter signed by GP confirming there wasn`t any ongoing chronical or mental issue, no drugs/alcohol addiction on my file. The panel in Knightsbridge seemed to be ok with this and had no issues.

All my vaccines were done prior to this visit so I managed to save quite a lot of money.

That being said there is one more week till my interview in London and it looks like an eternity

Avi