Reload this Page >

London Embassy Processing after I-601 Approval

London Embassy Processing after I-601 Approval

Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

hbombnumber1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Embassy Processing after I-601 Approval

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew how long the London Embassy are taking to process immigration applications after they've received approved I-601 paperwork?

I had my marriage based immigration interview at the London Embassy in April last year (2013). They told me that they were happy with my application but would needed to apply for an I-601 waiver of grounds of inadmissibility from Homeland Security. We did all that and had the application approved in December 2013. Homeland Security sent the approval straight to the London Embassy and that's where I'm a bit stuck.

The only information my husband and I and our lawyer have been able to get is "you'll have to wait". It's been 10 weeks, it seems quite a long time seeing as everything has been approved. Is there a huge back log of paperwork down there in London?

It's very frustrating, I've been waiting since July 2011 to get back home!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Embassy Processing after I-601 Approval

Unfortunately, once you have a "glitch" and have to submit more paperwork (as in your case), all timeline theories go out the window. It will take as long as it takes.

I can tell you that those applying for a B-2 visa who need a waiver of inadmissability, that process is taking 20+ weeks. Not sure if it's the same for an immigrant visa application.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:56 am
Just Joined

hbombnumber1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Embassy Processing after I-601 Approval

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Unfortunately, once you have a "glitch" and have to submit more paperwork (as in your case), all timeline theories go out the window. It will take as long as it takes.

I can tell you that those applying for a B-2 visa who need a waiver of inadmissability, that process is taking 20+ weeks. Not sure if it's the same for an immigrant visa application.

Rene
OK thanks for your reply Rene, that's actually kind of helpful. Even though I don't have a time frame, I know that my paperwork hasn't been lost in an embassy paperwork black-hole! It'll happen when it happens, I guess I should probably unpack as it's not going to happen anytime soon!