Reload this Page >

Knightsbridge Medical Exam'Timeline'

Knightsbridge Medical Exam'Timeline'

Old Sep 26th 2017, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Knightsbridge Medical Exam'Timeline'

Hi all,

I had my medical today and I thought I'd just share the experience for those who like to know what to expect.

- My appointment was at 2.10pm at the Bentinck Street practice.
- I arrived at 1.50pm
- At reception I handed over all my required documents and paperwork (passport, 4 passport photos, ACRO police cert., vaccination records, completed medical questionnaire, letter from NVC confirming my interview date and visa category, medical history summary obtained from my GP).
- Copies were made of all my documents and the originals handed back to me (except the questionnaire and photos - obviously).
- I was given pre-assesment forms to fill out, and a container to 'submit' a urine sample (the pre-assesment forms simply ask about allergies, smoking habits, any drug use etc -I had to make a quick call to my mum to find out if I'd had chicken pox as a child!)
- Filled out the forms in the waiting area and submitted them along with the urine sample at 2.05pm
- Called through to have a chest x-ray 2.20pm
- Back in to the waiting room 2.25pm
- Called through to see the doctor 2.50pm
- Full examination - height, weight, vision, hearing, lungs, heart, lymph nodes, blood sample
- Back in to the waiting room 3.05pm
- Called through to see the nurse to discuss vaccination history 3.07pm
- Back in to the waiting room 3.10pm
- Called through to reception for payment and was handed a Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (simply says your vaccinations are up-to-date) with strict instructions not to lose it as they can be important when applying for health insurance 3.20pm
- All finished and out the door 3.25

Total time at the doctors was about 1.5 hours but as you can see a lot of that is waiting around.

Whilst I was there, there were never fewer than 5 other people in the waiting room at various stages of their own medical (I spoke to the receptionist who said that was an averagely busy day).

I was lucky/prepared and had no issues arise to slow anything down. Obviously if you require vaccinations on the day, that will slow things down.
All in all, it was very easy and relatively painless! The Kiwi doctor in particular was very pleasant and happy.

Hope this helps anyone who is approaching this stage of the journey!

Sean
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Knightsbridge Medical Exam'Timeline'

Thanks. Off for mine in a couple of hours. Topped up my MMR this morning and got the surgery nurse to record my BP in case of Knightsbridge white coat fever
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the detailed account and well done

My wife has hers next Friday and she is very nervous. I take it you had no (down below) examinations?

Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Andy,

To put your wife's mind at rest as this was something I was anxious about they do NOT do genital checks anymore. She'll be asked to get into her underwear but a sheet is put over you so its nothing too intrusive.

Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a huge relief...cheers. Just the interview for you next....gulp!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

I've actually had mine haha.. Also nothing to worry about AT all. Just ensure you have all your docs and you'll be in and out pretty quick!

I'm actually ready to go waiting for my flight on the 28th of Oct! Woohoo!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mine went smoothly. In and out in less than an hour. Good chat with the Doc on what could be a fail 😀

Wore shorts to the medical and didn’t even need to show my nice clean budgie smugglers. Just had to remove socks and tshirt.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chins
In and out in less than an hour. Good chat with the Doc on what could be a fail 😀
Any ones that might catch people out (excluding the obvious)?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

The MAIN most important part of the exam is the Xray.. He said everything else is fairly minor if that is okay. If you are an alcoholic or a harm to society its an issue but the doctor told me their main focus is the Xray.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

I had a chat re blood pressure and BMI on top of Xray and SD's. Further investigations would be required if you couldnt get blood pressure below 149 and if your BMI was 40+. They would then start looking for serious causes. Luckily i wasnt close to the boundaries
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

I wrote my weight down on the front page and wasn't even weighed lol
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

They don't check genitals anymore?

That wasn't even the worst part of my exam! The Dr messing up my blood test was by far the worst.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

BE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
They don't check genitals anymore?

That wasn't even the worst part of my exam! The Dr messing up my blood test was by far the worst.
Wait they did for you too? They messed up my blood test and said I had an STD
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qqg3
They messed up my blood test and said I had an STD
Quite the exciting diagnosis when you're applying for a spouse visa!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

BE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KK85
Quite the exciting diagnosis when you're applying for a spouse visa!
Especially when you don't actually have any STDs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.