K2's and the interview

Old Jan 28th 2001, 12:18 pm
Hilary Whalen

Waiting to hear from the TSC for approval. Preparing for the next step and interview in
Vancouver Canada. My question is: Do my children listed as K2's on the petition have to be
present at the interview? They are 10 and 12 years old, and I do have a court order
stating I can move them to the US, which we submitted with the I-129F. If they are present
does anyone know what kind of questions they will be asked, if any?

Hilary

Old Jan 28th 2001, 2:54 pm
jeffreyh1

Hilary,

My 10 year old son was required to attend the visa interview with my wife (fiancee at the
time). They were both interviewed, and the interviews were conducted separately. I don't
know what questions were asked of the boy, but my wife was asked some rather intimate
questions including questions about details of the delivery.

It's possible that this intense questioning was because they are from a third-world
country where there have been problems with people trying to bring children not their own
to the US with them. It may be embassy specific as to whether or not a young child is
required to be present for the visa interview. I would not be surprised if the situation
for Canada was much less intense.

To be sure, you should contact the embassy or consulate where the interview will take
place to see how they want to handle it.

Regards, JEff there are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots
----------------------------------------
In article <[email protected]>,

> Waiting to hear from the TSC for approval. Preparing for the next
step
> and interview in Vancouver Canada. My question is: Do my children listed as K2's on the
> petition have to be present at the interview? They are 10 and 12 years old, and I do
> have a court order stating I
can
> move them to the US, which we submitted with the I-129F. If they are present does anyone
> know what kind of questions they will be asked, if any?
>
> Hilary
>
>

--
Regards, JEff there are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots

Old Jan 28th 2001, 4:13 pm
mjones

Preparing for the next step
>and interview in Vancouver Canada. My question is: Do my children listed as K2's on the
>petition have to be present at the interview? They are 10 and 12 years old, and I do have
>a court order stating I can move them to the US, which we submitted with the I-129F. If
>they are present does anyone know what kind of questions they will be asked, if any?

Hilary, It doesn't seem the children will need to be there. Take a look at
http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38...nterviews1.txt There are two Vancouver
interviews in there, from June and January of 2000 involving K2s. In "Wines" post, she
never mentioned her son being there, its pretty clear she was alone. When Angel posted,
there was a followup question about the kids. Her three kids and fiance were not allowed
in to the interview. They waited outside. When you have your interview, please post your
experience!! Regards, Mike

Old Jan 28th 2001, 5:07 pm
alicorn

HI,

I have my interview on the 8th of Feb in Vancouver. My daughter is 14 years old and i will
bring her with me. It is necessary she have the medical exam. The cost for her exam is
115.00 CAD compared to the 250.00 for adults. If she was 15 years old it would of been the
full price. Apparently though at 14 she wil lnot have to have the blood tests or xray
..the doc is just gonna take her blood pressure ect. I will let you know about whether or
not they ask her any questions

> Waiting to hear from the TSC for approval. Preparing for the next step and interview in
> Vancouver Canada. My question is: Do my children listed as K2's on the petition have to
> be present at the interview? They are 10 and 12 years old, and I do have a court order
> stating I can move them to the US, which we submitted with the I-129F. If they are
> present does anyone know what kind of questions they will be asked, if any?
>
> Hilary

Old Jan 28th 2001, 5:31 pm
Hilary Whalen

Thank you for your responce. H

[email protected] wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:18:23 GMT, Hilary Whalen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Preparing for the next step and interview in Vancouver Canada. My question is: Do my
> >children listed as K2's on the petition have to be present at the interview? They are
> >10 and 12 years old, and I do have a court order stating I can move them to the US,
> >which we submitted with the I-129F. If they are present does anyone know what kind of
> >questions they will be asked, if any?
>
> Hilary, It doesn't seem the children will need to be there. Take a look at
> http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38...nterviews1.txt There are two
> Vancouver interviews in there, from June and January of 2000 involving K2s. In "Wines"
> post, she never mentioned her son being there, its pretty clear she was alone. When
> Angel posted, there was a followup question about the kids. Her three kids and fiance
> were not allowed in to the interview. They waited outside. When you have your interview,
> please post your experience!! Regards, Mike

Old Jan 28th 2001, 5:31 pm
Hilary Whalen

Thank you for your responce H

alicorn wrote:

> HI,
>
> I have my interview on the 8th of Feb in Vancouver. My daughter is 14 years old and i
> will bring her with me. It is necessary she have the medical exam. The cost for her exam
> is 115.00 CAD compared to the 250.00 for adults. If she was 15 years old it would of
> been the full price. Apparently though at 14 she wil lnot have to have the blood tests
> or xray ..the doc is just gonna take her blood pressure ect. I will let you know about
> whether or not they ask her any questions
>

> > Waiting to hear from the TSC for approval. Preparing for the next step and interview
> > in Vancouver Canada. My question is: Do my children listed as K2's on the petition
> > have to be present at the interview? They are 10 and 12 years old, and I do have a
> > court order stating I can move them to the US, which we submitted with the I-129F. If
> > they are present does anyone know what kind of questions they will be asked, if any?
> >
> > Hilary