K1 success!

Old Jul 8th 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 success!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that my brother's fiance was succesful in getting her K1 visa! She had her interview today and it went very smoothly. Don't have all the details yet since my brother and her have been running around doing all sorts of stuff (errands, shopping, etc).

I think it did help a lot that he was there for the interview. But I can't say for sure since I haven't heard the nitty gritty yet.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who gave my family advice and encouragements. It has been really hard to have 2 brothers going through this at the same time. But it is finally ending.. happily!

Thanks and best to all of you,
Sunny
Old Jul 8th 2003, 8:05 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to your brother and his fiancee! You must be very happy for them!

Juliet
Old Jul 8th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I'll post the other bit of good news here too...Sona will be here in less than 24 hours from now :-) According to her itenrary she has just taken off from India...

Rohit
Old Jul 8th 2003, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Marilech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 success!

Hi Sunny, Congratulations to your brother and his fiancee!!!

Marilech

Originally posted by soleil
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that my brother's fiance was succesful in getting her K1 visa! She had her interview today and it went very smoothly. Don't have all the details yet since my brother and her have been running around doing all sorts of stuff (errands, shopping, etc).

I think it did help a lot that he was there for the interview. But I can't say for sure since I haven't heard the nitty gritty yet.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who gave my family advice and encouragements. It has been really hard to have 2 brothers going through this at the same time. But it is finally ending.. happily!

Thanks and best to all of you,
Sunny
Old Jul 8th 2003, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by soleil
Just a quick note to let you know that my brother's fiance was succesful in getting her K1 visa!
congrats to your brother and his fiancée

Originally posted by goya0002
I guess I'll post the other bit of good news here too...Sona will be here in less than 24 hours from now :-) According to her itenrary she has just taken off from India...

Rohit
you are exited already? i bet - dont pass out at airport

or maybe already like "ahhh, go out of my way, you are not sona, go away, i dont want to see you"
Old Jul 8th 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what I'm going to do to keep my mind on work and all the other tasks between right now and 3:05 pm tomorrow :-)

Even now, I notice every 15 minutes passing by and knowing that I'm that much closer to having her here....

Rohit
Old Jul 9th 2003, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to Sunny and Rohit's brother!

And stop pacing Rohit - she'll be here before you know it (Just teasing; I still have 8 more sleeps to go and I'm already working my way up into a fever pitch.)
Old Jul 9th 2003, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to Mohit! I know Rohit well enough to know that he is not calm in any way, lol Hats off to Sunny for being an extroidinary sister. She deserves nothing but the best
Old Jul 9th 2003, 6:03 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by goya0002

Rohit
Oh wow!

Do you think you'll get any sleep ?

You must be so excited!
Old Jul 9th 2003, 6:13 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
Congrats to Sunny and Rohit's brother!

And stop pacing Rohit - she'll be here before you know it (Just teasing; I still have 8 more sleeps to go and I'm already working my way up into a fever pitch.)
My husband kept telling me continuously about how messy the house was and all the things he hadn't done/fixed, wasn't going to be able to get around to before I got home.

I kept having to tell him:
"Are you in one piece?"
"Yes."
"Good, then I DON'T CARE!"

He worried more than I did. Sometimes I think it's tougher for the person waiting at the end as the one travelling is busy with their journey whereas the one waiting just has to sit and wait whilst you are in the air

My journey to be reunited started when I left for the airport, his started when he drove to the airport several hours later.

My blessings to Rohit's brother.

DA - my money's on the fact that you will go through the panic and be extraordinarily calm in the last 24/48 hrs before he gets home.

If not, well, I just wish I could be at SFO to see you bouncing like a rubber ball
Old Jul 9th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to them for the visa.

Let's hope this time next week I'll be able to post the same.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the kind words. We are so excited about the upcoming weddings... both my brothers (Rohit and Mohit) will be marrying their fiances (Sona and Tania) this monday, July 14th!

This NG has been of a huge help.

Thank you!
- Sunny
Old Jul 9th 2003, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Great News! I know you are pacing a hole in the floor Rohit, congrats to your brother Sunny!
Remi and Jeff

PS-I hope ALL of us can get together for dinner some night very soon and toast our victory!
Old Jul 11th 2003, 5:00 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

congratulations rohit & mohit!!

and it was nice having you around soleil... hopefully we'll see you again for sona and tania's aos