Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1- days changed from 20 days to 180 days

K1- days changed from 20 days to 180 days

Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

sam88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1- days changed from 20 days to 180 days

We have filled for K1 visa back in April and few weeks ago the web site showed that 15-20 more days we will hear something from them, but then last week this information was changed and instead now it says that it is going to take 120-180 days for the case to be processes. This is even longer than what initially was said on this site when we first filled for the visa.
Has anyone else experienced or heard such a thing, what do you guys think this means?? Any comments is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:41 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1- days changed from 20 days to 180 days

Sam,

Aside from the fact that you haven't applied for a K1 visa yet - that comes later, after the I-129f petition that you (or your fiancee) did file is approved - the timeframe you read on the web site and the timeframe written on the Notice of Receipt mean the same thing.

Nothing.

You're new here, so look for one of Matt Udall's posts about service center processing report to get a better picture.

Originally posted by sam88
We have filled for K1 visa back in April and few weeks ago the web site showed that 15-20 more days we will hear something from them, but then last week this information was changed and instead now it says that it is going to take 120-180 days for the case to be processes. This is even longer than what initially was said on this site when we first filled for the visa.
Has anyone else experienced or heard such a thing, what do you guys think this means?? Any comments is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sam88
Thanks
The 15-20 days was an error. What service center are you...120-180 sounds right for some centers.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

sam88 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in California service center. At first that we sent in our 1-129 the site said it is going to take 120-180 days, then it changed to 60-120 days then two weeks ago which was almost more than 120 days passed the site said 15-20 and we thought that does match with everything, but then suddenly the number changed to 15-180 days. And this is for the first part approval. Now I don't know what to do. Do you think writting a letter to CSC will help? Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:54 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to my world! They changed the days on me as you can see on my timeline. When I started the K1 process and sent it in at the beginning of January they told us it was going to take 60-90 days to hear back from them. It said it on our first NOA and the website and everything. Then when the 90th day rolled around I checked the website to find out in horror that they had changed it to 150-180 days! Obviously I was furious and tried to call them and see if there was anything I could do, but no such luck. I ended up getting my 2nd NOA in June...
Old Oct 17th 2003, 9:35 am
Jirapan

Hi everyone,

I found the same thing, I'm in Nebraska service center which someone
say it's slowest center.. Anyway, I applied on May 14, 2003... NOA
said it'll be taking 150-180 days. A week ago I checked case status on
website,,,surprise it said they need 15-21 more days to process this
kind of case... But terribly now it changed back to 150-180 days...

Oh! God such a long time waiting.... I hate to wait wait and wait...
why I have to fall in love with American man!

Jirapan

sam88 <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > We are in California service center. At first that we sent in our 1-129
    > the site said it is going to take 120-180 days, then it changed to 60-
    > 120 days then two weeks ago which was almost more than 120 days passed
    > the site said 15-20 and we thought that does match with everything, but
    > then suddenly the number changed to 15-180 days. And this is for the
    > first part approval. Now I don't know what to do. Do you think writting
    > a letter to CSC will help? Thanks