K1 Cuban fiance from Argentina to Cuba

K1 Cuban fiance from Argentina to Cuba

Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Philadelphia, Pa. USA/Salva formerly Argentinanow home Cuba
crews1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Cuban fiance from Argentina to Cuba

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you all on our trek for marriage and children. I finally completed our I-129f petition and mailed it yesterday to VSC via USPS overnight delivery. I want to list everything that was included in the packet:

cover ltr

signed stmt saying copies are true and unaltered, will supply originals on demand

USPS money order for 170.00

I-129f petition along with a continuation sheet listing all supporting docs

supporting docs include Cuban divorce decree and birth cert of beneficiary, both were translated by a certified translator (the translation is >1 yr old, I know this could be problematic)

passport style pix of beneficiary and petitioner

proof of meeting in the past 2 years

proof of relationship since meeting in 2002

I have a complete copy of the packet on a tiny hard drive I keep in a safe place. I also made a complete copy of the packet and sent it to Salvador via USPS which should arrive in the country within 7-10 days. Delivery to Salvador may take a few days more.

I've alerted my fiance to start gathering docs that will be needed for his interview. I'm also going to humbly ask Carl Cockburn, General Counsel of the Visa Unit at the US Interest Section in Havana, Cuba to open a provisional file for my fiance. One more thing, a great big prayer to Jehovah God and all the faith we can muster!! That should do it. Thanks all for your input.

Toria and Salvador

Originally Posted by crews1980
Hi All,
I just wanted to update you all on our quest for marriage and children. I just returned from Havana, Cuba on Sunday the 13th of November. I was there for 1 week on a general license to study the health care system of Cuba. As a registered nurse I travelled to Cuba for a week of conferences. I was very busy during the day but was able to have a few dinners with Salvador. I'm now in the process of putting together our package for approval. Will be back with mail date and new time line. Thank you all for all your input.
Toria
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: K1 Cuban fiance from Argentina to Cuba-Update

Hey All,
Just wanted to update our situation. Petition was approved at VSC 1/31/06 and sent to NVC who finished with it on 2/9/06. Havana got the case on 2/21/06 and called my fiance the same day. He was able to go to the Interests section the next day and pick up the info packet. He is in the process of getting things together and I'm completing my I-134. There is the problem of the Argentine pol cert which he doesn't have. From what I understand you must be present in the country to obtain regardless of status. Otherwise you must have official citizenship docs to get pol cert from a consulate. We'll see what happens. On the heels of an interview date!! Thanks to all for your input, will keep you all posted.
Toria and Salvador

Last edited by crews1980; Feb 26th 2006 at 1:38 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Default K1 Cuban fiance Update

Hey All,
Just an update for those interested in the Cuban fiance/e process. I've just returned from a second trip to Havana, again under the general license. This time I hand delivered the I-134 to my fiance. I also delivered a copy of the original petition since the one I mailed in Dec did not reach him. Since there is a 6 year old CIMT involved, I also delivered an I-601 with the hardship letter for USC. We're hoping for the sentencing clause to kick in so that we won't have to submit the waiver. I've also added our timeline below.
Tensions are very high in Havana right now. People are very tired of their living conditions. I'm so afraid there is going to be a civil war once Castro dies or is somehow not able to continue as President.
My fiance's interview is August 8. The US Interests Section in Havana have been very prompt and helpful during this process. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask. We started this process 4 years ago and we just wanted to thank everyone who has posted about our situation with comments and advice. Please continue to do so and we will continue to keep you posted.

Toria and Salvador

Met Salvador on internet dating website Dreammates.com April 2002
We decided to meet in person Buenos Aires, Argentina August 2002
1st K1 petition approved w/ interview date March 2004
Didn't attend interview, we decided Salvador should first return to Cuba
Petitioners First Name: Toria
Beneficiaries First Name: Salvador
Visa Type: K1
Direct Consular Filing? No
Beneficiary's Country: Cuba
Service Center: VSC
Embassy: U.S. Interests Section, Havana, Cuba
Date I-129F Sent (mailed USPS Overnight) : 12/18/05
Date I-129F NOA1 (Received Date) : 12/21/05
Date I-129F NOA1 (Notice Date) : 12/29/05
Date I-129F NOA1 (Received Snail Mail) : 1/5/06
Touched! 1/4/06
I-129F RFE(s) : NONE
Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 1/31/06 34 days!!
Date Package Received By NVC: 2/3/06
Date Package Left From NVC: 2/9/06
Date Received By Consulate : 2/21/06
Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : 2/22/06
Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) : 4/28/06
Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): 5/9/06
Interview Date : 8/8/06
Date Visa Received :
Date of US Entry :
Date of Wedding :
Comments :
Old Jul 10th 2006, 7:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Cuban fiance Update

Great news, Toria---time is really ticking down now, and just in time by the sound of things!
Fingers crossed for a 'pass' at this interview, and a speedy reunion!