Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:48 am
Generalx

Default K1 - 22 days still no NOA1 in Texas

Has anyone have experience in Texas?

Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

SeanH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 - 22 days still no NOA1 in Texas

Did you send it to Texas with the Post Office "receipt confirmed delivery" added to it.? Has you application check been cashed.?

If you did - then you will have got back that receipt ( therefore you know Texas got it )- so you should call Texas and see what is up - as 22 days is a pretty long time for just a NOA1.

If you did not do the receipted delivery system ( you should have ! ) then Texas may not even have got your application - call them and find out - if they didn't - you will have to do it all again - but this time you will know how to send it via the post office.

Hope this helps..
~Sean

Originally posted by Generalx
Has anyone have experience in Texas?
Old Oct 15th 2003, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

golfnut is an unknown quantity at this point

If you paid by personal check, and the check has been cashed, your receipt number should be on the back of the check.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:32 am

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that info about the receipt number being on the back of the check.

I am also waiting for my 1st NOA for the I-129F filed on 10/08/03.

Originally posted by golfnut
If you paid by personal check, and the check has been cashed, your receipt number should be on the back of the check.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Still waiting

I sent my I-129f petition to TSC, by way of delivery confirmation, not return receipt, and it was received on Aug. 8th. I have still not received a NOA. I paid by money order, so it was not easily availalbe to get a copy of it. I've called CIS twice putting in an inquiry to get a NOA, but they just keep telling me to wait another 30 days. I was finally able to request a photocopy of money order, which I haven't received yet, so there's still hope I can get my A-number!

Just thought I'd let you know that others are having issues as well!

Sunny
Old Oct 16th 2003, 2:07 am
Generalx

Default Re: K1 - 22 days still no NOA1 in Texas

I've sent it on Sept 23rd and got a receipt that they received on 24th. And
looking at my bank account, the check had been cashed on 30th. I hope my
NOA1 comes soon. I'm set to head for Korea on Nov 4th for wedding ceremony
on 9th. I guess I give them a call in the morning.

"SeanH" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Did you send it to Texas with the Post Office "receipt confirmed
    > delivery" added to it.? Has you application check been cashed.?
    > If you did - then you will have got back that receipt ( therefore you
    > know Texas got it )- so you should call Texas and see what is up - as 22
    > days is a pretty long time for just a NOA1.
    > If you did not do the receipted delivery system ( you should have ! )
    > then Texas may not even have got your application - call them and find
    > out - if they didn't - you will have to do it all again - but this time
    > you will know how to send it via the post office.
    > Hope this helps..
    > ~Sean
    > Originally posted by Generalx
    > Has anyone have experience in Texas?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default FYI

Generalx, thought I'd tell ya that I've called BCIS *mis*information line at least 3 times pertaining to my not receiving NOA1. The first time was about 15 days after they received it. They told me to call back at the end of 30 days as that is what they tell people it could take. On day 33, I called again to tell them that I had not received it. They asked for my info and put an inquiry into the computer system, and told me it could take 30 days to receive. At the end of the second 30 days (Oct. 8), I again called as I had not received anything. So now I'm still waiting!

Your best bet is to get a copy of your cancelled check or money order! I'm not trying to discourage you, just letting ya know that they will probably tell you to wait the 30 days and then call back.

Sunny
Old Oct 16th 2003, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

SeanH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FYI

Yowsa !!!!

I can't believe ( well I CAN believe ) that after 60 odd days - that you still have not received a simple NOA1 !!!

That is totally ridiculous !
Especially if they have cashed your check !

No way a simple NOA1 should take more than a week or two imo - it is after all just a simple letter saying that it has been received !!!

I would be calling them every day and demandiing to know what is going on - and just ignore that drivel that you have to wait another 30 days !!! That is simply not good enough - either they have cashed the check or not - and if they have you should have got your NOA1 shortly after they cashed it.

I hope you can get it sorted out.

BTW - My NOA1 was dated the day after we sent in our 129F - and we got it a week later.

~Sean

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Generalx, thought I'd tell ya that I've called BCIS *mis*information line at least 3 times pertaining to my not receiving NOA1. The first time was about 15 days after they received it. They told me to call back at the end of 30 days as that is what they tell people it could take. On day 33, I called again to tell them that I had not received it. They asked for my info and put an inquiry into the computer system, and told me it could take 30 days to receive. At the end of the second 30 days (Oct. 8), I again called as I had not received anything. So now I'm still waiting!

Your best bet is to get a copy of your cancelled check or money order! I'm not trying to discourage you, just letting ya know that they will probably tell you to wait the 30 days and then call back.

Sunny
Old Oct 16th 2003, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excuse me.....

....But did you say you're going to Korea for a wedding ceremony?

Is this YOUR wedding ceremony? Or is it one of a friend or family member?

You said you are filing for a K-1 and if that is the case and you are going to Korea for your own wedding ceremony, be verrrrrry careful about letting BCIS get wind of it. Also, do not include any pics of the ceremony (if it's yours) with your package to the embassy at the time of the interview. You need to be very careful with this. People who receive a K-1 visa are supposed to be unmarried at the time of arrival into the US. Make certain your fiancee is hyper aware of her responses with the embassy.

And by the way, Texas is a nightmare. It's a Black Hole where things get lost and misplaced and every other form of torture to visa filers happens. I'd dig as deeply as you can to find out whether or not they have received your application. If you still do not receive first NOA within 30 days, you should call your congressman to see if he can offer some assistance.

Best of luck...
~kristine
Old Oct 16th 2003, 11:33 pm

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this also apply for the I-129F sent to Chicago for K3's? I cannot find a EAC or LIN number on the back of the cashed check.

QUOTE]Originally posted by golfnut
If you paid by personal check, and the check has been cashed, your receipt number should be on the back of the check. [/QUOTE]

Last edited by superdesi; Oct 17th 2003 at 5:02 am.