Reload this Page >

K children and father need help

K children and father need help

Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:56 am
Just Joined

ursuletzul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K children and father need help

Originally Posted by Irene Ireny
I sent the check list to the U.S Consulate in Montreal in early June.
I am still waiting for the interview. How long will the interview be
scheduled normally? I called and they said somewhere between 3 to 12
weeks. Can anyone know more exactly when my interview be?

Thanks very much
my father has married with a naturalized woman, she brought us the children here in usa together with my father at the same time, we are 3 children, i am the biggest i'm 19 yrs old, and the other 18, i came here with my family 2 yrs ago from Romania-- we received permit work, we were registered at a public high school, until my step mom started showing her truly face--she abused us psychological, and she even beat my sister, and i was trying to suicide my self because of psychological traums that she provoked to me and my family, she behaved very bad with us like even worse than Hitler, she kicked us out from the house and we had to solve our problems by ourselves, she divorced by my father and our interview was denied because of that, and now presently we're illegal in this country, and i am asking u: what chances would we have in the future to stay in us? what should we do ? what else we could do about this? i mention that we made our life here and we wish we could live here and continue our life here, we wanna go to college and become something, cuz if u think about everybody in this country is an immigrant.Everybody deserves a better life.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:58 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Interview for K1 Visa

Originally Posted by meauxna
visajourney.com statistics show that it is averaging 80 days for a Canadian K-1 checklist-->interview date.
Which happens to fall right into "3-12 weeks".

There is no way to know, exactly, Irene. Hang in there!
we entered on K Visa's right! she divorced by my father before we even got the adjustment of status, we could've got the that if she would've came with us but she didn't come to the interview, so then everything was denied, when we were there, we told the officer what are her intentions and the officer said she's doesn't judge the situation, she just does tha paper work and stuff. We were even trying to talk to an attorney here in Fargo, ND, usa, and he said that maybe we could win with VAWA, but hee said that would be hard to prove because she mostly hurt us psychological that physical, and we didn't have any problems with cops--but she could've called the cops when I tried to suicide my self because of her, but actually she said that i was trying to kill her, and her family step up and told her not to call the cops, u know she was always threating us that she's goanna send us back in Romania, and we didn't know the immigration laws so well, cuz we tought everything wouldbe all right. Ok, so the attorney i've been telling you he said we would have less than 50% or 0% winning and convince the Court that we would win, of course i dont think my family would have that money to pay anyway--for something that wouldn't be asssured that we goanna stay here, and i'd be very happy if you could give more information about this kind of situations, thank you, have a good one,I'll wait your reply, 10x, bye.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 4:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ursuletzul
Ok, so the attorney i've been telling you he said we would have less than 50% or 0% winning and convince the Court that we would win, of course i dont think my family would have that money to pay anyway--for something that wouldn't be asssured that we goanna stay here, and i'd be very happy if you could give more information about this kind of situations, thank you, have a good one,I'll wait your reply, 10x, bye.
I split your posts away from the other thread, since they are unrelated to that topic.

You can check with a free service such as Catholic Charities to see if there is anything that can be done for you. If not, you might have to face the fact that you have no means of staying here, and you might have to return to Romania.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K children and father need help

... we are 3 children, i am the biggest i'm 19 yrs old, and the other 18
What about the 3rd child?

... i was trying to suicide my self because of psychological traums
Suicide is a very selfish act. Why would you want to leave the other children alone with this woman?

... she behaved very bad with us like even worse than Hitler
I understand that you're upset, but Hitler ordered the killing of 6 million people. I really don't think your stepmother is worse than that.

... everybody in this country is an immigrant.
That's simply not true.

... she divorced by my father before we even got the adjustment of status
If this is true, there may be no legal way for you to remain in the US. Sometimes that happens!

... we didn't know the immigration laws
You have access to a computer and probably a library also, and there are free services available also.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jul 9th 2006 at 1:25 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K children and father need help

If I have the story right:

Can a K2 file for VAWA or must it be the K1?

What level of evidence is required to support a VAWA application. Can the K2 contribute or must it be all down to the K1?

I guess help would be pretty essential, I have seen fees quoted for a K etc application, but none for VAWA, is there a going rate, give or take?

Catholic Charities would be a good place to start.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I split your posts away from the other thread, since they are unrelated to that topic.

You can check with a free service such as Catholic Charities to see if there is anything that can be done for you. If not, you might have to face the fact that you have no means of staying here, and you might have to return to Romania.

Best Wishes,
Rene
ok rene, and where could i find those Catholic Charities? first of all, do they have the right in the law of immigration? i don't think they don't, and from what i've seen on the internet and tv, the Senate still debating this situation, and i know that Bush wants us to stay here, those who have a job, go to school, and take care of themselves, Bush from what I heard wants those people to get the path of the citizenship, any way i know i'm not goanna give up, i thought that this site is goanna help me somehow, tha last one that i used told me the same stuff , so nobody knows anything? what in the world is this, this americans are so strict, racists, at least i', not giving up to this situation, 10x anyway rene, bye.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok rene, and where could i find those Catholic Charities? first of all, do they have the right in the law of immigration? i don't think they don't, and from what i've seen on the internet and tv, the Senate still debating this situation, and i know that Bush wants us to stay here, those who have a job, go to school, and take care of themselves, Bush from what I heard wants those people to get the path of the citizenship, any way i know i'm not goanna give up, i thought that this site is goanna help me somehow, tha last one that i used told me the same stuff , so nobody knows anything? what in the world is this, this americans are so strict, racists, at least i', not giving up to this situation, 10x anyway rene, bye.
http://www.catholiccharitiesdenver.o...mmigration.cfm

A quick google brought up my local one.

Not sure the Bush plan would help, does it allow for K's to adjust other than through the marriage route?
Old Jul 15th 2006, 11:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Boiler gave you the link to Catholic Charities. At least it's a place for you to start, they might be able to help you, get in touch with them and ask.

This site is mostly made up of laymen who have gone through the immigration process themselves. There are a few lawyers who visit the site, but they haven't posted here on your thread. Your situation is very complicated, not something the average immigration person goes through...so we can only offer what we know, which probably isn't enough to help you directly, but simply to point you in some helpful directions.

Best of luck to you.
Rene
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You do not know what you are talking about. Catholic Charities most certainly has the "right" to assist with immigration issues. In fact many of their people are just that, immigration attorneys. As for the bill in Congress, it has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. You did not enter the country illegally but legally therefore you are disqualified. As for Americans becins so strict, racists, etc., if you feel that way then do yourself and the other people in the US a big favor and GO HOME. We don't need people such as yourself with an attitude such as yours.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Interview for K1 Visa

Originally Posted by Rete
You do not know what you are talking about. Catholic Charities most certainly has the "right" to assist with immigration issues. In fact many of their people are just that, immigration attorneys. As for the bill in Congress, it has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. You did not enter the country illegally but legally therefore you are disqualified. As for Americans becins so strict, racists, etc., if you feel that way then do yourself and the other people in the US a big favor and GO HOME. We don't need people such as yourself with an attitude such as yours.
I came legal, yeah, i'm not going home, i sent e-mails to those charities, i hope they goanna respond, and i even tried to call them but it said that the tel. number is not anymore available, i don't know what made so angry about me, with my atitude? what did i say? i'm just unsure sometimes, even if i'm optimist, i'm trying to be, but u know sometimes we people we get discouraged, but doesn't mean i'm giving up,