K-1 interview London

Old Feb 8th 2018, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 interview London

Good Morning!

I received my letter to say I can apply for my visa yesterday. I’ve already booked the medical, but I got an interview for March 14th! (Which I’m nervous about).

My police record has no trace, my I-134 says that I will be more than supported when I move, I heard these are the main 2 reasons for rejection!

Did anyone take any more evidence of a relationship with them? And also which documents do I have to make a copy of?

Thanks!
Old Feb 8th 2018, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 interview London

This is everything I took. It wasn't all needed. My I-134 was from my FIL do to (now) wife still being in college.

It was organized in a binder for quick retrieval. This was important for being fast with answers.

The actual interview wasn't stressful. I'm fairly sure the officer had already a good idea on my application before I got to the window.

* letter from embassy
* instructions from online interview booking website
* receipt that I paid for stuff (printed from booking website)
* DS-160 confirmation
* NOA-2
* Medical results
* My full birth certificate
* My UK police certificate
* Fiance's Father's I-134, tax transcript, employment letter, pay stubs. Copy of BC and Pass port.
* Evidence of my last trip to the USA - boarding passes, photos.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

I’m in a similar situation (my fiancée is at college) so her dad is filing the i-134.. there’s a section on the form about if you’re co signing and asks for him to put my fiancées name and DOB.. I’ve seen that some people have wrote out two I-134s (one for dad, one for fiancée) should I do this just in case?

I’ve got the letter from the embassy, is the NOa2 just the email of them accepting the I-129f petition?

I’m fairly confident that I won’t have any problems, but it’s best to be prepared just in case. Should I just make copies of everything I have?
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well other people are incorrect. Are you using Visa Journey by chance?

The I-134 for the K-1 visa only requires one sponsor and it does not have to be your fiancée.

After your marriage you will need two I-864s. One from the spouse and one from the joint sponsor if the spouse does not have the ability to be the sole financial sponsor. The spouse MUST complete an I-864 regardless. Note it is just a tiny bit different if you will be living at your in-laws after your wedding. If that is the case, then Rene or someone will be along to advise you after your wedding and you are ready to file for adjustment of status. At the present time, it is not something to worry about.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
Should I just make copies of everything I have?
Yes, yes, yes!

Does it no longer tell you to bring copies when they give you the checklist?

You bring the original documents plus a copy. They will take the copy of most documents (not the I-134) and you will retain the original.

Also it is recommended that you make a second copy of everything for your files. Sometimes people are so excited they might put the envelope down that comes from the US Embassy when you are approved and lose/misplace it and have to go back to the USE to have it duplicated. Guess what? The USE does not have copies of your documents. The envelope contains every single piece of paper you and she have submitted. So that extra copy is a godsend in this instance.

The some of the copied documents will also be used for filing the I-485 after the wedding. You will have them right there to work with.

Be a good scout and be prepared.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m in a similar situation (my fiancée is at college) so her dad is filing the i-134.. there’s a section on the form about if you’re co signing and asks for him to put my fiancées name and DOB.. I’ve seen that some people have wrote out two I-134s (one for dad, one for fiancée) should I do this just in case?
I've pulled the I-134 form and don't see what you're referring to. You just need to take one - the fiancees father.

I’ve got the letter from the embassy, is the NOa2 just the email of them accepting the I-129f petition?
Yes the I-129F acceptance notice. The embassy also mailed me a copy of the petition with approved stamp on it. Both weren't asked for.

I’m fairly confident that I won’t have any problems, but it’s best to be prepared just in case. Should I just make copies of everything I have?
It won't hurt.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
I've pulled the I-134 form and don't see what you're referring to. You just need to take one - the fiancees father.

Yes the I-129F acceptance notice. The embassy also mailed me a copy of the petition with approved stamp on it. Both weren't asked for.

It won't hurt.
I think I may have just read the question wrong.. but yes it was in Visa Journey! I take it this isn’t a reliable source?

I’ll be sure to make copies of everything, we received our petition acceptance by email so I’ll bring this.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll be sure to get a folder with all documents and evidence in this weekend.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 3:32 pm
Concierge

I think I may have just read the question wrong.. but yes it was in Visa Journey! I take it this isn’t a reliable source?
Yes, over the years long time users of this forum have found them to be unreliable and inaccurate. They do have good timeline threads, however.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, over the years long time users of this forum have found them to be unreliable and inaccurate.
Lol, they say the same thing about us on here.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I frequent VisaJourney from time to time, mostly for comedic value.

It's worth noting an overwhelming majority on there are people from high visa fraud countries, at least that what I've noticed anyway.

Tom's list is spot on, here's mine as well just for the sake of it:

UK Passport valid until 2021
4x US Spec Passport Photos
Receipt/immunisation documentation from Knightsbridge medical.
Affidavit of support filled out and signed by my future mother in law - including three years of tax returns.
1x Police Certificate
I-797C + Photocoy
I-797 + Photocopy
Original I-129F application + photocopy
Appointment/K1 Visa fee confirmation + photocopy
Long birth certificate + photocopy
DS160 confirmation + photocopy
Letter addressed to USC from NVC with receipt number and case number + photocopy
Old Feb 9th 2018, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really add anything to Tom or Ben's list, except to say I brought loads of evidence of our relationship with me and was asked to show exactly none of it, the consular officer just asked me two questions and that was that. Definitely bring a copy of everything, and try to relax, I know it's easy to be nervous, and I was, but it's a straightforward experience and they don't go out their way to make it difficult.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
Can't really add anything to Tom or Ben's list, except to say I brought loads of evidence of our relationship with me and was asked to show exactly none of it, the consular officer just asked me two questions and that was that. Definitely bring a copy of everything, and try to relax, I know it's easy to be nervous, and I was, but it's a straightforward experience and they don't go out their way to make it difficult.
As Scottyvisa has said, it's really not as bad as you're probably imagining

I'm sure an overwhelming majority of us walked out of the embassy after our interviews thinking "was that it?!". The waiting in the embassy between windows you get sent to is realistically the worst bit!
Old Feb 9th 2018, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenK91
As Scottyvisa has said, it's really not as bad as you're probably imagining

I'm sure an overwhelming majority of us walked out of the embassy after our interviews thinking "was that it?!". The waiting in the embassy between windows you get sent to is realistically the worst bit!
Haha I was thinking the the waiting would be the worst bit too. I really don’t have anything to worry about with my documents, I’ve never been in trouble with the police either! But you can just never be too confident lol.

Thanks for all the advice! I’m just glad all the waiting around is pretty much done, it’s been a long ride so far!