Just mailed off I-130

Old Mar 19th 2017, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

shrinkydinkydoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Just mailed off I-130

We married; mailed off our I-130 & G 325-A forms. Now we wait. I went over the paperwork I don't know how many times to make sure I had everything answered, and went through the instructions just as many times to make sure I had all the documentation they required. Every time I did, I found something else I was lacking. I feel like I've forgotten something still, and am scared to death something will be wrong and it'll be sent back or whatever they do in those cases and our waiting time will be increased. I swear, this is so stressful. I think I'd have better odds winning the jackpot on Jeopardy! than going through this process!
Old Mar 19th 2017, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just mailed off I-130

I have just posted my I130 but to the London embassy, are you filing in the states? If not then the London website has removed the G325-A forms and replaced it with the I130A instead and updated the checklist to show this. Good luck with the process
Old Mar 19th 2017, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Shrinky! I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, and I am certain the anxiety is normal. My husband and I are also in the first stages of the CR-1 process and are currently waiting for our NOA2, having filed the I-130 back in October. Hopefully any day (/week) now!

I'm keeping a timeline thread, which I'll update as and when anything changes - hopefully it might give you a rough idea of current average processing times, fingers crossed (in both our cases) without any RFEs.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

I'm glad I posted....saw AndyMan74's post and went back to check....the forms have been updated since we downloaded, completed and printed.

We're having to go back now and redo everything. I'm crying now.

It's asking for a form I-94 record number....he doesn't have that! That's what they turn in at customs when they get their passport stamped! They also ask for a travel document number - what is that?!
Old Mar 19th 2017, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

DOH! One good tip is to always check you have the latest version of the forms before posting off your documents. You may still be ok with the older forms so don't panic.

Last edited by AndyMan74; Mar 19th 2017 at 5:58 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 6:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shrinkydinkydoo
I'm glad I posted....saw AndyMan74's post and went back to check....the forms have been updated since we downloaded, completed and printed.

It's asking for a form I-94 record number....he doesn't have that! That's what they turn in at customs when they get their passport stamped! They also ask for a travel document number - what is that?!
The I-94 is now available online to download and print.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2017, 6:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You've already mailed everything. Don't take any further action until you hear from USCIS. If they need updated forms, they'll let you know. If you send in another package, it will just confuse them.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2017, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

It's only required if the beneficiary is in the US at the time of filling in the form.

The I-94 can be retrieved online at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search
Old Mar 19th 2017, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

We're fixing it now....goodness gracious.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You've already mailed everything. Don't take any further action until you hear from USCIS. If they need updated forms, they'll let you know. If you send in another package, it will just confuse them.

Rene
I agree. If USCIS want anything they will mail you. Don't send anything to them without it being triggered by them first. They will provide instructions if it is required.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, will hold off. I'm going to need y'all for this process....I'll screw it up without the help!
Old Mar 19th 2017, 6:51 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what is written on the I-130 form "Edition Date" tab on the USCIS website.

02/27/17. Starting 04/28/17, USCIS will only accept the 02/27/17 edition. Until then, you can use the 12/23/16 edition

Plus under the "Special Instructions" tab it says

If you are using the 12/23/16 edition of Form I-130 to file for your spouse, you must also submit two Form G-325A, Biographic Information: one for you and one for your spouse.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Chicago lockbox has our paperwork. I just put hubby on plane back to Scotland. Now we wait. I'm so nervous about everything, and I hate being separated from him.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago lockbox has our paperwork. I just put hubby on plane back to Scotland. Now we wait. I'm so nervous about everything, and I hate being separated from him.
As Ian here always says, focus on the goal, not the journey. My husband and I are five months into this process, and it certainly does leave you a lot of time to think, but I try and use that time to be excited about what lies ahead at the end of it all. For me, something switched once we'd sent off the paperwork, and any nerves/apprehension/sadness I'd felt about leaving my family and starting over (the sadness was rife!) completely left me, and pure excitement took its place - it's a lovely feeling and one I don't mind clinging onto while it lasts! It's different for the USC, of course. But perhaps that excuse for endless happy daydreams is the upside of this long wait.

Wishing you lots of luck - hopefully this first part of the process can go quickly and without further hitch for you now.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Thank you KK. I'm just hoping that the approval of the I-130 doesn't take forever, but then I'm massively freaking out about what happens after that. Do they tell you what paperwork comes next? Will the next step(s) be clear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.