Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Just got married...SOS on filing paperwork

Just got married...SOS on filing paperwork

Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:24 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got married...SOS on filing paperwork

Originally Posted by Rete
And they found you and came for you in six months time? Wow I didn't think ICE moved that quickly for a mere student who is out of status.

So explain it to the Immigration Judge (IJ). It is my understanding that this is a quick and easy way to adjust status. Hopefully Mr. F will step in here with his thoughts.
Speaking of Mr F...

The OP needs to get an attorney. He started this thread with relatively simple questions about how to fill out the I-485; now he's facing deportation. If he was confused about how to fill out some forms then he seriously needs legal assistance if he wants to have any hope of staying here.

I'm also curious about what status the OP thought he had, since he was aware that he graduated in Dec 2005 and the OPT expired in Jan 2006. (In fact, the end date of 1/01/06 would have been provided by the OP when he requested the OPT.)

~ Jenney
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

darienhouston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just got married...SOS on filing paperwork

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Speaking of Mr F...

The OP needs to get an attorney. He started this thread with relatively simple questions about how to fill out the I-485; now he's facing deportation. If he was confused about how to fill out some forms then he seriously needs legal assistance if he wants to have any hope of staying here.

I'm also curious about what status the OP thought he had, since he was aware that he graduated in Dec 2005 and the OPT expired in Jan 2006. (In fact, the end date of 1/01/06 would have been provided by the OP when he requested the OPT.)

~ Jenney
Typo, I graduated in Dec 2004. You guys are correct. My OPT is set to due on 1/1/06. Today is 06/06/06, what a BAD day for me. I am going to have a meeting with an attorney soon. As of right now, I am in "Removal Proceedings" status.

I will keep you guys posted, please bare with me. I think we need some quiet time here. I have so few days to decide what my options are. Thanks all who commented.

D.