Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Old Aug 6th 2010, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

shayward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Originally Posted by C_C
Hi all,

Has anyone else of the recent filers received any kind of response?

As I said, we mailed our package on Monday this week and we got the delivery confirmation on Tuesday. So still too early for us, but I was wondering about current timelines.
I'm hoping to hear sometime next week (hopefully with a NOA1, and not a return ) but the week after may be more realistic.
Sounds like it takes NOA1s between 10 days and 2 weeks to be sent for most cases, so hopefully not too long now.
I'm also checking our bank account twice a day to track the payment, but of course nothing so far...
If you look on the embassy website it gives current processing times for I-130s. They take at least 6 - 8 weeks to be processed.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shayward
They take at least 6 - 8 weeks to be processed.
This does not answer the question asked. C_C is asking about NOA1, not NOA2.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Aug 6th 2010 at 12:21 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This does not answer the question asked. C_C is asking about NOA1, not NOA2.

Ian
Ian, if you know the answer then do let us know, and if you don't then just keep quiet.

AFIK there is not NOA1 or NOA2 in london.

You get a postcard/email letting you know they have received the application.

It took us about 1½ weeks to get an email letting us know it was in the system, if you sent yours off on Monday I would expect to see something around the middle of next week.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:50 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

It took us about 1½ weeks to get an email letting us know it was in the system, if you sent yours off on Monday I would expect to see something around the middle of next week.
Fingers crossed!
I'm telling myself it's going to be the week after so as not be disappointed

As for a NOA2 (or RFE if any), yeah, I'm not expecting to hear anything before late September and possibly later.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by C_C
Fingers crossed!
I'm telling myself it's going to be the week after so as not be disappointed

As for a NOA2 (or RFE if any), yeah, I'm not expecting to hear anything before late September and possibly later.
and to think this is the easy part :-)
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

This does answer the question that was asked - why didn't you post this information the first time?

Regards, JEff

You get a postcard/email letting you know they have received the application.

Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

BoydandCaesar is an unknown quantity at this point

We posted our I-130 on 26th of July, they signed for it on the 27th, and we just received the notice of receipt of petition today. So not too bad! I was expecting to wait up to 3 weeks before they let us know they received it, so ahead of schedule here!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:19 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Wow, I can't believe I just received the email confirmation of receipt and filing! Just a week from receipt of the I-130!
They gave us yesterday's date as our filing date, but no file number as other people have reported
Anyway, super quick, I wasn't expecting it, especially at August time!
Now I'll have to check if they took out the payment too (they must have)!!
And I'll eagerly await NOA2, probably in September/October.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by C_C
Wow, I can't believe I just received the email confirmation of receipt and filing! Just a week from receipt of the I-130!
They gave us yesterday's date as our filing date, but no file number as other people have reported
We didn't get a number either.

Also it took another week before the payment came out of my account.

Good news though, lets hope the rest of the process goes just as smoothly
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_C
DCF filers don't get an NOA2.

Rene
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:45 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
DCF filers don't get an NOA2.

Rene
You are right - I just refer to it in the way it's called in the US because lots of people call it that way!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:31 am
C_C
Forum Regular

I was just looking at the US Embassy in London website and they're still processing petitions filed on June 7th. The previous date (to which they were stuck for almost 3 weeks) was June 4th , so sounds like almost no progress at all in a month!!
Just an observation! I know it gets slower in July/August with people going away on leave etc. but if their processing dates are accurate, then they'll be dealing with a serious backlog very soon, if not already
Hope it picks up again after August...
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

C_C, it always does.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

londonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nice

am i correct in saying once they take the fee and say that the i-130 has been filed (not processed and approved) that it has been accepted for DCF?
Old Aug 18th 2010, 12:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonmale2008
am i correct in saying once they take the fee and say that the i-130 has been filed (not processed and approved) that it has been accepted for DCF?
Yes.

yay?

Generally if local USCIS is refusing to take the case, they don't take the fee.

How long was your US citizen resident in the UK? Is there some reason you doubted it would be accepted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.